• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is 2022 A True Bridge Year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before you start throwing spears, give this a minute to sink in.

BB will not name an OC or DC
BB has made a decision to move the offense to an "Outside Zone" with a sprinkle of the McDaniels' run game and the Shanahan Coast.
BB has cut some young players that just didn't appear to make any kind of step forward and insert really young or rookie players

While the fans and media are asking questions about what BB is doing, he knows that the level of talent on this team and the changes he wants to make are not going to equal a typical year of success. He doesn't have enough cap space to make a major correction or even a couple of minor ones. Instead he's going to force the kids to either step up and perform or step aside and find a hob somewhere else next year. BB will take charge of everything and make a reset of the core. He'll accept whatever the final result may be in February 2023 and move forward with $65M in cap space and possibly a top fifteen draft pick that he'll trade for a mid 20 and a second rounder.

2023 will be the resurrection year of the NE Patriots.

Thoughts? Comments? Agree? Disagree?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB has made a decision to move the offense to an "Outside Zone" with a sprinkle of the McDaniels' run game and the Shanahan Coast.
BB has cut some young players that just didn't appear to make any kind of step forward and insert really young or rookie players

While the fans and media are asking questions about what BB is doing, he knows that the level of talent on this team and the changes he wants to make are not going to equal a typical year of success. He doesn't have enough cap space to make a major correction or even a couple of minor ones. Instead he's going to force the kids to either step up and perform or step aside and find a hob somewhere else next year. BB will take charge of everything and make a reset of the core. He'll accept whatever the final result may be in February 2023 and move forward with $65M in cap space and possibly a top fifteen draft pick that he'll trade for a mid 20 and a second rounder.

I agree, I think it was a crazy notion to expect the Pats to rise again the year after they lost Brady, then Josh leaves which further complicates things. To think the Pats were going to be great this year was a reach. So yes a bridge year is a legit way to look at it IMO

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly agree.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I was getting so friggin' angry at everything Because I couldn't make sense of it. All it took was someone at the landscapers to bitch about having to pay a toll to take a bridge near here one way. One way toll. On a bridge. Holy Shit!

Now everything makes perfect sense. All I can say is that anyone on this team best play his ass off this year or find something else to do or somewhere else to play. Bill has never opened the door this wide for young players to show what they're capable of doing. If they figure it out and go for broke, this team might not be half as bad as we think. If piss poor attitudes prevail, the slaughter next year will be epic.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I pretty much agree. I still think 2022 has potential though.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For future draft pics?

To have a fun team that is competitive and wins some games. Our defense should be solid-ish. Special Teams should be solid-ish with Achord having another year under his belt and Judge there to help. Offense is a question mark but I'm not counting them out until they're out. It's not like there aren't some good players.

The schedule is middle of the pack in difficulty. The Bills have already been crowned.

BB is the coach.

I'll be watching every game and expecting a victory every time.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though no one else will admit it, I will too.

And I'll bitch like hell that day after.
I think expecting a win is setting yourself up for failure why do it. Hoping for a win is different

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have a fun team that is competitive and wins some games. Our defense should be solid-ish. Special Teams should be solid-ish with Achord having another year under his belt and Judge there to help. Offense is a question mark but I'm not counting them out until they're out. It's not like there aren't some good players.

The schedule is middle of the pack in difficulty. The Bills have already been crowned.

BB is the coach.

I'll be watching every game and expecting a victory every time.

Even though no one else will admit it, I will too.

And I'll bitch like hell that day after.

I think expecting a win is setting yourself up for failure why do it. Hoping for a win is different
I read @sharkymcwrath and @BigKen "expecting a victory" as meaning there's a solid chance and not absolutely expecting a win.

I still remember the days when rooting for a good performance by Rich Camarillo was the highlight of each game.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read @sharkymcwrath and @BigKen "expecting a victory" as meaning there's a solid chance and not absolutely expecting a win.

I still remember the days when rooting for a good performance by Rich Camarillo was the highlight of each game.
Well there is a true definition of expecting. But hey you do you. I have been watching the Pats since the early 70s so I fully understand the history.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a true definition of expecting. But hey you do you. I have been watching the Pats since the early 70s so I fully understand the history.
Yeah, good luck interpreting everything as a "true definition" around here. I think it's a pretty lofty "expectation" for us all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, good luck interpreting everything as a "true definition" around here. I think it's a pretty lofty "expectation" for us all.
Well there was very little gray area in their comments until you attempted to create one. But again you do you.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there was very little gray area in their comments until you attempted to create one. But again you do you.
You interpreted them 100% literally I did not. Only they can confirm what their intent was. They wrote it, not you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You interpreted them 100% literally I did not. Only they can confirm what their intent was. They wrote it, not you.
Again I am going with the literal meaning, it's not that hard to understand so don't over complicate it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I go way back to the days of Babe Parrelli at QB and Jim Nance at RB.

I have never watched a game and not ""HOPED"" for a win. Like everyone else I've been spoiled by this team since 2000 and came to ""EXPECT"" a win every week. Getting out of that expectation cycle is extremely difficult. I've never done drugs, but I would guess that being a Patriots fan is much like being a heroin addict. The rush is hard to replace .

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect them to win every game though I'm well aware my expectations will fall short here and there.

What team on our schedule is a definite loss? With BB at the helm the Pats are capable of beating anybody in my opinion.

Sure, the Ravens, Bills, Packers, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts, Raiders are all good teams that should beat us but will they? I can see the Pats beating any of those teams.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect them to win every game though I'm well aware my expectations will fall short here and there.

What team on our schedule is a definite loss? With BB at the helm the Pats are capable of beating anybody in my opinion.

Sure, the Ravens, Bills, Packers, Bengals, Cardinals, Colts, Raiders are all good teams that should beat us but will they? I can see the Pats beating any of those teams.
beating any of those teams and beating all of those teams are two different things. I can see the Bill sweeping us, I can see loses to the Ravens, and Bengals. I think beating the others is a real possibility