• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman out for the season with a torn Achilles's tendon

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. Listening to his post game presser he kind of hinted at it was just a matter of time. He said he'd been avoiding quick cuts on it. Depending on the severity of the tear it wasn't going to heal without surgery.

You don't know that. The biggest problem with Achilles is the inflammation. If you stay off it until the inflammation goes down, it will usually heal without surgery.
Patience is required or you risk rupture. Patience isn't always available in the NFL.....

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if the Oline could run block and that MASH unit of RBs could gain some actual yardage.

RWs scrambling is what makes him a very efficient passer. He's not great in the pocket. Don't fool yourself with stats.

RW has never really had a pocket to work with on a consistent bases but yes, he's more deadly outside of it. With a 20th ranked o-line I would hope they could open some running holes. Seattle has good RB's minus Lacy but they need some room to run.

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad timming for Sherman. I hadn't even thought about his contract. Going to be very interesting when they decide to relook it.

I think that's why he left the postgame press conference in tears, he was most likely expecting to sign one more big contract (I'd be tearing up as well). Now he is going to most likely miss the majority of the 2018 season a "contract year" for him and we don't know if he is going to be able to play at the same level. This injury cost him at least $30-40 million if not more.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tyvon Branch out for the year as well.

If only they had played on Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why he left the postgame press conference in tears, he was most likely expecting to sign one more big contract (I'd be tearing up as well). Now he is going to most likely miss the majority of the 2018 season a "contract year" for him and we don't know if he is going to be able to play at the same level. This injury cost him at least $30-40 million if not more.
What I found strange about his post game presser was just how nonchalant he was.
That's a pretty expensive injury.