• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman it's called a Caesarean section

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the fucking 1970s? Is Sherman a fucking midwife that the birth can't transpire safely if he's not there? Ever hear of a thing called Skype? If she gave birth during the game he could probably be allowed to Skype at halftime or when the offense is on the field. By the way I've always thought it kind of stupid of athletes to knock up their girlfriends in the beginning part of the offseason. Makes you wonder how many can think ahead in basic math and how quickly they lose track of how many kids they have, birthdays, etc.

So, athletes should plan their conceptions around the off chance that they'll be playing in a championship game on the day they're born?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that if my dad told me that he was a star player in the NFL 1960 Championship game but he chose to skip it so he could be there for my birth, I'd say, why the fuck would you do that you idiot?!

Don't we put a little too much emphasis on that? Sure, it's great to be there and I was lucky that I could be but thousands of men like military folks miss the birth. How about when the kid actually knows you, you place your efforts there.

When people say things like my family comes first, I prompt them to remember where providing a livelihood factors into that. There's a pretty good amount of vacation time in this NFL job so you kind of have to be there when you're in session.

Lastly, Richard may never make it back to another Superbowl. You just can't tell about these things.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that if my dad told me that he was a star player in the NFL 1960 Championship game but he chose to skip it so he could be there for my birth, I'd say, why the fuck would you do that you idiot?!

Don't we put a little too much emphasis on that? Sure, it's great to be there and I was lucky that I could be but thousands of men like military folks miss the birth. How about when the kid actually knows you, you place your efforts there.

When people say things like my family comes first, I prompt them to remember where providing a livelihood factors into that. There's a pretty good amount of vacation time in this NFL job so you kind of have to be there when you're in session.

Lastly, Richard may never make it back to another Superbowl. You just can't tell about these things.

This^^^exactly

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys ever dated a woman who has had a c-section ?

Not pretty.

Tagged one once but the scar was too off-putting.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a "girlfriend" or more savvy PR? They made us all think Russell Wilson didn't dump his college sweetheart wife once he blew up and saw the Strange parade he could get and was some kind of victim based on a bizarre cheating rumor with Golden Tate lol. I'm sure somehow RS will be deemed a Saint if they win and he rushes to the hospital right after....with no follow-up coverage in a year or two.

Sherman will be there even if his child is going into labor at kickoff down the street. Don't kid yourself.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, athletes should plan their conceptions around the off chance that they'll be playing in a championship game on the day they're born?

That's kind of the smart thing to do when you make a living professional in a sport, it's not planning it around the off chance it was a certainty, a player of his stature was going to be in Arizona this year regardless if the Seahawks make the Super Bowl or not.

But there isn't even realistic chance she is going to have the baby this week, with how strict the medical profession is now it basically has to be a life threatening situation for his gf or child for them not to pump her full of medicine to try and keep the baby in as long as possible.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's not due til Feb 12th. This stinks of just a story created to stir up drama the last few days.

The odds she goes into labor in the next 15 hours have got to be pretty damn slim.

:agree:

Unless she's showing signs of it already I would think the chances are pretty small. Hell, I know a girl who's having a baby, her due date is Tuesday and she isn't showing any signs yet (and is in fact worried that the baby will be late).

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like he needs to be there. For fucks sake it's pushing a baby out of a vagina. It happens all the time. Unless he has a medical degree I don't know about his place is on the field.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the smart thing to do when you make a living professional in a sport, it's not planning it around the off chance it was a certainty, a player of his stature was going to be in Arizona this year regardless if the Seahawks make the Super Bowl or not.

But there isn't even realistic chance she is going to have the baby this week, with how strict the medical profession is now it basically has to be a life threatening situation for his gf or child for them not to pump her full of medicine to try and keep the baby in as long as possible.

Yeah, if you're not expecting a child. If you are, it's an easy choice to stay home with your wife.

This just seems like strange thing to be critical about.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if you're not expecting a child. If you are, it's an easy choice to stay home with your wife.

This just seems like strange thing to be critical about.

Yes, that's true but I was just replying to you about being critical of his decision of even trying to have a child around the time where his life is always going to be hectic with either playing or promoting himself, it's not just the birth of the child that but also birthdays and such it just seems he could've made a much better decision with conception than this time of year.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, I missed the birth of my daughter because I was in Iraq in 2007 and wasn't able to get leave. It really bothered me that I had to miss the birth of my first child.

Quentin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman wont miss the game. He wont let his teammates and all of the fans down by missing the biggest game of the year.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oooh burn

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, I missed the birth of my daughter because I was in Iraq in 2007 and wasn't able to get leave. It really bothered me that I had to miss the birth of my first child.

If on that day you were a squadron leader on an important mission that you'd prepared for months for, would you feel differently? I'm honestly asking because I think it would be different than just being deployed on a base somewhere.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I don't think Sherman is going to take life advise about how to handle the birth of his child from a guy whose only experience trying to conceive a child was his encounters with his Oregon Ducks plush toy the week leading up to the National Championship game.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If on that day you were a squadron leader on an important mission that you'd prepared for months for, would you feel differently? I'm honestly asking because I think it would be different than just being deployed on a base somewhere.

I see what you are saying, but it still killed me to be away for it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's not due til Feb 12th. This stinks of just a story created to stir up drama the last few days.

Man, when our son was born, my wife and I were repeatedly told by doctors that your first child has a good chance of being late - so if this is her first child (I don't know anything about her) then the 12th is an eternity for these things. As for c-sectioning before the SB, most doctors won't consider a c-section (or inducement) for any reason except for extremely high risk pregnancies before the due date, so it really isn't an option.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've slapped my dad silly, if he missed the Super Bowl for my birth.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did American men become such pussies. I didn't get the memo. Being a man means doing your job and bringimg home the bacon. Being there when your child is born is cool but by no means a requirment for being a good father.