• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder to you guys that we had no 3rd or 5th round picks coming into this draft. Some posters have forgotten that. If Robinson and Turner, make a big contribution on offense this year or in the future some people might want to rethink their draft grades. I also hope that the pick of Howell (from the trade down) was b/c TH is a FA next year and this team shows very little confidence in him. Not a direct competition to Wentz this year. IF Wentz fails this year, sure Howell could be looked at, but our draft pick will be a high one and the focus will be on getting a QB in 2023.

The pick that everyone wants to talk about would be in the 2nd round. Why? No one saw this coming. A DT in the 2nd blindsided everybody. So why was this pick made? RR builds teams from the lines out. He saw a necessary weakness in the DT area with the release of Ionman. He knows Payne is going to walk next year so Im guessing he wanted to fill this spot quickly. He chooses Mathis over the Uconn DT. Why? Mathis was productive at Bama which trumped what even The UConn did at the Senior Bowl. Now everyone including myself wanted Brisker. They passed on Hamilton so Brisker would have made total sense in the 2nd. RR chose to build his dline over the Buffalo nickel. Is anyone surprised? We shouldn't be b/c that is how RR builds his defenses. Another fix was to sign Star Routeli in FA to fill depth at DT. Would have made sense, but most likely it wont happen.

So who plays the buffalo nickel now? I guess RR had an ace up his sleeve by the drafting of Butler. The way RR in the PC spoke of Butler is that this guy is going to get playing time. right now. He sees this guy as a tweener and can play both safety positions and play in the box. This is the guy they had in mind to substitute for Brisker. Unless RR has another ace up his sleeve and brings back Collins on a cheap deal to play Buffalo Nickel. Time will tell

It will be interesting to see what happens in the after the draft FA. We have 22M to spend. Im curious who they bring in. Common sense says LB, CB, and O-line. As far as the other picks they all made sense and should contribute to this team this year. Made possible by the trade down. Sure people are upset b/c we passed on Williams(sty,ksbo, and skinsdad) and Hamilton(me) we think they were going to be stars. So everyone is thinking what now after we traded down. RR comes back with Dotson, Robinson, Howell, and Turner. It's either he wanted quantity or he just didn't believe Hamilton or Williams was worth the risk over the players he got today. Every player drafted today is a risk. Lets hope RR did the right thing this weekend.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw DT coming just not an over draft . Mathis is a step down from ionman , Payne and settle and it’s not close . In fact you said wise was a solution

Passing on top prospects for lesser talent is poor team building and the fact you said dummy brown was a solution makes my head scratch

Taking Robinson in round 3. Was another overdraft when a better option ( Hassan ) was there in round 4

Howell was taken because wince will fail because he is a reclamation project and a headcase . 2 teams said he wasn’t worth his contract and he is only good enough to win 7 games

Butler is a good special teams guy

We drafted a good TE and a good BU o/lineman

Our last pick can compete

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that sucks about this draft was I can't go work Monday say damn we got this guy and we got this guy ..just have to say we got guys hope it works out which it will .. I did not like the Gap from 149 to 230 this F0 needs make trades to fill gaps better

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw DT coming just not an over draft . Mathis is a step down from ionman , Payne and settle and it’s not close . In fact you said wise was a solution

Passing on top prospects for lesser talent is poor team building and the fact you said dummy brown was a solution makes my head scratch

Taking Robinson in round 3. Was another overdraft when a better option ( Hassan ) was there in round 4

Howell was taken because wince will fail because he is a reclamation project and a headcase . 2 teams said he wasn’t worth his contract and he is only good enough to win 7 games

Butler is a good special teams guy

We drafted a good TE and a good BU o/lineman

Our last pick can compete

Smoking crack again.

Settle was a fourth rounder, or exactly the same draft round as you think Mathis should have bren drafted.

Ionidis was a seventh rounder.

What will you complain about next?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sought value by trading back, did not quiet accomplish that. Did however gardner additional picks. Opinions vary around here on this strategy all though I say strength of draft also has an effect on strategy. First 3 picks just may contribute early. Turner one to keep an eye on. Howell nice insurance and possibly best long ball thrower in the class.

While not spectacular, it will be interesting grading this class in 4 years.

Solid B-

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoking crack again.

Settle was a fourth rounder, or exactly the same draft round as you think Mathis should have bren drafted.

Ionidis was a seventh rounder.

What will you complain about next?
first Tim settle was drafted in round 5
second ionman was drafted in round 5 as well
3rd both were drafted at or below the spots they were projected
now if you dont understand why that is important or how a team can be criticized for it then perhaps you can research it and find out why

maybe you should do 3 things , learn and watch college football so you actually know what is being said and why when it comes to the draft
2nd google up players and be accurate at what you speak about
3rd stay out of big boy conversations when you arent prepared for them

now its ok for you to be happy with the draft
its also ok for you to simply hit ignore for my posts if you dont like my content
its also ok for me to dislike the draft , complain as much as i want about anything i deem fit
its not an echo chamber here

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Pressers close dissect every word Rivera said They drafted Butler to try keyword is Try .. to try him at buffalo Nickel the thing that concerns me is shouldn't the scouts coach's and Gm know if butler can succeed there .. there is no Try it's do or do not

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Months and weeks leading up to the draft RR was clear as day talking about High Productivity Guys that no matter what the score is or what team they play on that was what he was looking for not guys that play good for a half then disappear or guys that there team are away head and they stop playing hard go back and listen presser from months ago March Early April pressers he was not looking at players that sack the qb 2 times in first 8 mins of the game then he disappears rest of game ... this was the theme of the draft so he gets a A for this draft will it work out know one knows Repeat Know one Knows.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first Tim settle was drafted in round 5
second ionman was drafted in round 5 as well
3rd both were drafted at or below the spots they were projected
now if you dont understand why that is important or how a team can be criticized for it then perhaps you can research it and find out why

maybe you should do 3 things , learn and watch college football so you actually know what is being said and why when it comes to the draft
2nd google up players and be accurate at what you speak about
3rd stay out of big boy conversations when you arent prepared for them

now its ok for you to be happy with the draft
its also ok for you to simply hit ignore for my posts if you dont like my content
its also ok for me to dislike the draft , complain as much as i want about anything i deem fit
its not an echo chamber here
You will never hear the name Settle and Iron Man again on there teams they went to ... your crush on them shows it's time to move from them they don't make the team better or Worse.. Mathis is much better stopping the run then Iron Man and settle coming out of collage not even close plus This Mathis kid can get to the QB Stop loving players you be surprised what it does we went from Iron Man and Settle to Mathis and That FA DT from Panthers Odbajo or whatever his name is watch him on YouTube I will send a link

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with this Iron Man bullshit

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care what round a guy is drafted in, it is all about productivity. They can either play or they can't. Some 5 stars in college sports suck and some 2 or 3 stars become great.

Call me a homer but I loved our first pick and I do not think he is a reach. No telling what he could have done with a good QB and a good team. The fact that they got two more picks helped offset the Wentz trade. Dotson is fast, versatile and catches the ball.

Todays NFL is a 4 or 5 year league. If you find someone that can play for long "winner, winner chicken dinner." Phil Mathis, Brian Robinson and even Gibson may fit that mold. I loved Ironman and hated to see him go but this the NFL. They got 6 good years out of him. They just saved $4 million. Settle was barely playing. Reports I heard were they tried to do the same with Settle as McKissic. Once he got a contract offer they were going to match it but Settle said "no thanks." I still would have liked to have had Brisker but RR and MM decided otherwise.

Robinson in some ways is your new Peyton Barber. We could not pick up 3rd or 4th and short to save our ass last year. I commented on that many times last year. Robinson is younger and I think a little more versatile. They have lightning in Gibson, a pass catcher in McKissic and now a bigger back in Robinson.

Butler is a development package. Looked great on special teams. Great speed. This team is getting faster.

Sam Howell in the 5th round. Potential is great, not promised.

I would grade the draft a B- leaning towards a B.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obada Sweat Young Mathis Payne Allen skindad like oh no Iron Man and Settle gone we are Doomed Christ

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is entitled to their opinion. It's all gum flapping until these guys get on the field and play.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now here is the Deal with Mathis and Howells picks they go hand and Hand with Payne. If Wentz sucks and Howell balls out Payne comes back because we get 28 mill backs if Wentz balls out and we keep him Payne is Gone We only need to draft a DT next year to replace Payne or if Mathis can start draft another good back up make no mistake. Wentz Howells Payne is connected

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There going run multiple 4 man fronts and 3 man fronts hell the can go Payne Mathis Allen package on 3 man fronts on 4 man fronts they can go Young Mathis Obada Sweat now remember Mathis can get to the qb ... this notion skins Dline gotting weaker is poppy cock because of Iron man and settle then on top of that I trust RR Jack del Rio on letting iron man and settle go I think they know more about dlinman

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington still has problems at LB and DT,DE Depth

Ther is not problem at DT now with the drafting of Mathis. We have JSW and Oakbah for De depth. LB is the issue.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Pressers close dissect every word Rivera said They drafted Butler to try keyword is Try .. to try him at buffalo Nickel the thing that concerns me is shouldn't the scouts coach's and Gm know if butler can succeed there .. there is no Try it's do or do not

Thje way RR talked Butler is going to be a big part of this defense and will play early. He wont just be a ST guy