• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Cries Racism

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was another twitter feud then I would agree. But this is an issue that probably hits close to home to him especially since it involves a person he grew up with.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

I like that Sherman is vocal about this topic. Racism and double standards exist and a lot of times these issues get swept under the rug.

And it's not like he's saying anything outlandish. He brings up good points every time he speaks.

See my problem is not what he is saying, it is the fact that I am forced to see him in the news regularly for something other than his play on the football field. I watch the NFL for football, not for the opinion of the players. The fact that sports agencies are reporting player opinions like this is almost TMZ worthy.

I love Richard Sherman on the football field, I also believe he is also an inspirational person for the adversity he has overcome to achieve everything he has so far, but I do not care what he has to say.

I'm not going to get into what Richard Sherman said simply because that is a conversation that is to be had on the political forum and I really don't care to get into it, I'm just tired of hearing his opinion. He is a football player, not a commentator or a journalist.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it. His need to say what he thinks and the confrontation that it creates drives this guy. Whenever he's in one of these shitstorms I can picture him thinking, "They all hate you... They all want to see you fail... Must get better".

Fair enough and I can understand that. I personally care more about Richard Sherman's play on the field, not what he has to say. I also believe it unfortunately takes away from his terrific play on the field, sure he is promoting Richard Sherman the celebrity, but that somewhat diminishes Richard Sherman the best CB in the game.

I also get the impression that a majority of those outside of Seattle view Sherman in a negative light because of how outgoing he is, which I think is unfortunate because he is a really funny and smart guy, but I feel a lot of the nation doesn't see that side of him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you people give a crap about him so much? He's a reasonably intelligent jock who majored in football at Stanford who for some reason or other is employed (along with his ghost writer) to occasionally write articles for SI. And what he wrote was stupid. Jackson started his own rap label and that industry is loaded with thugs, so of course he's going to be connected with criminals.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman blah, blah, blah...Shitstains are more attractive and original than this fool.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has a new job and more money.Ooh well.

Fuck Richard Sherman. He act's like Jackson is put out in the cold or some :bullshit:

This is 100% trolling looking for viewers and here we are discussing it. :L

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman blah, blah, blah...Shitstains are more attractive and original than this fool.

.....and yet he still remains more original and interesting than Kaepernick.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my problem is not what he is saying, it is the fact that I am forced to see him in the news regularly for something other than his play on the football field. I watch the NFL for football, not for the opinion of the players. The fact that sports agencies are reporting player opinions like this is almost TMZ worthy.

I love Richard Sherman on the football field, I also believe he is also an inspirational person for the adversity he has overcome to achieve everything he has so far, but I do not care what he has to say.

I'm not going to get into what Richard Sherman said simply because that is a conversation that is to be had on the political forum and I really don't care to get into it, I'm just tired of hearing his opinion. He is a football player, not a commentator or a journalist.

Amen - and that goes for each and every athlete - - regardless of creed, color, sexual preference, etc - I could give two craps less what any of their opinions are. Just shut up and play. ....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen - and that goes for each and every athlete - - regardless of creed, color, sexual preference, etc - I could give two craps less what any of their opinions are. Just shut up and play. ....

This is just like celebrities thinking anybody cares about who they support in politics. I don't pay you (through ticket sales) to think. I pay you to entertain.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What comes out of his mouth entertains a lot of people. Just saying...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What comes out of his mouth entertains a lot of people. Just saying...

Good point. I guess you could consider it part of his entertainment and brand. Just think if he keeps it up much longer people are going to find it old. Kind of like Tebow where at first people couldn't get enough of him but then his message got to the point it was more annoying people than drawing them in. Now given this situation didn't have much to do with racism as the original person tries to suggest but when he seems to pick every battle that he can especially for other black players his message does lose its power. It just becomes "oh here we go again another Sherman rant." It almost becomes more of a joke than him actually fighting for civil rights.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know he is a regular contributor to MMQB right? He didn't go out to the media crying over Jackson. He used his weekly column to editorialize his view and others took it out of context and created a firestorm over it.

Sherman has opened his mouth too many times, but this isn't one of them. This is others trying to stir up the shit using him to do so. Nothing more. To blame him for THIS event is baseless.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love richard sherman people say that the stuff he says is dumb, ridiculous or that it doesnt carry any weight yet their is 8 pages worth of people who either like/hate him talking about what he said and dissecting its meaning.

I bet if doug baldwin would have said this nobody would care

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have people not realized that Sherman just be trollin' all the time?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love richard sherman people say that the stuff he says is dumb, ridiculous or that it doesnt carry any weight yet their is 8 pages worth of people who either like/hate him talking about what he said and dissecting its meaning.

I bet if doug baldwin would have said this nobody would care

Yet what he talked about is not actually being talked about. So is he really carrying any weight with what he actually has to say considering very few on here are actually talking about what he actually said? This is Tebow all over again (believe me I know as a Bronco fan) where no matter what he says it is always going to be taken out of context and thrown around to mean something completely different than what he actually said. Sherman will get recognized less and less for his actual play on the field and I can promise you teammates will eventually get tired of the media circus.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that there are people who find racism in the slightest thing.

Or just play the Race card when its convenient for them

This kind of attitude is why so many issues involving race and double standards always get swept under the rug. Everyone turns a blind eye to it unless it is absolutely blatantly offensive.

Sherman has brought up race only twice in this past year and both times he brought up a lot of valid points that have been also echoed by others.

I don't see anyone here actually disputing his points. All I see are grown men attacking another man's character using childish insults for having an opinion.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet what he talked about is not actually being talked about. So is he really carrying any weight with what he actually has to say considering very few on here are actually talking about what he actually said? This is Tebow all over again (believe me I know as a Bronco fan) where no matter what he says it is always going to be taken out of context and thrown around to mean something completely different than what he actually said. Sherman will get recognized less and less for his actual play on the field and I can promise you teammates will eventually get tired of the media circus.

Dont hold your breath for his teammates to turn on him just because Tebows did.

Tebow wasnt à great player but was treated as such. Sherman is arguably the best player on the best team in the league. His teammates rave about him, but then again they dont just tune in when the média wants to runaway with something he says. Dont underestimate the value of actually knowing someone, and not the public characterization of them.