• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Cries Racism

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman: "its racist to ban the "N" word from the NFL"

"Riley Cooper should have been cut because he used the "N" word and its a racial slur"

hypocrisy at its finest.

Are you quoting Sherman from a different article??

What I take from this article, is Shermaning pointing out the fact that Cooper is representing the organization, and the NFL in a negative light. The commmisioner is all about conduct, right?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please drop the "he went to Stanford" crap? Every time he says something really stupid his defenders fall back on that. He went to Stanford to major in football. Why don't we just look at the crap that he's producing, which is pretty low-rate social commentary. It's kind of ironic that he called out Bayless for being worse than him at life when Sherman could never match Bayless when it comes to trolling. Bayless is a really smart guy and used to be a legit journalist. He just figured out pretty early that there's a lot of $'s to be made as a shock jock.

He stayed in college an extra year to spend that year working towards a masters degree. Sure sounds to me like he took his education seriously.

If you actually listen to what Sherman says instead of quotes taken well out of context like the OP, he is pretty much exclusively well-spoken and well thought out. He didn't make this a race thing. The media's just begging for excuses to make a story out of what, in reality, was a very good story in its own right explaining why "gang ties" should not be a real concern for a team, especially given what else gets completely ignored by teams and the league.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this topic and this thread has run its course. Nothing more to discuss here.

I will say this though...although we disagree I respect that Cdumler actually made an effort to discuss the topic and to get his points across. Race is a very touchy subject and while there is a dictionary definition as to what racism is...there is no universal agreement on what is actually racism and what is not.

This is why I suggest everyone to not always react to someone bringing up race as just them bringing up the race card for no reason. We may not always agree that something is racist or a double standard...but that does not absolutely rule out that it is not racism.

That's all I gotta say
Then maybe you could tell us if Deion Sanders remark about Johnny Manzeil being ghetto is a racist comment......He even defined it to mean that he had the ability and cockeyness of a black guy from the hood....If that's not racist, then nothing is.....But no repercussions whatsoever, why you ask ? Because of the color of his skin and who he is....To many black people, racism is only white, it doesn't exist on their side of the fence.....But people with an IQ above a frog, know it does....My gripe is if it's gonna cost a white analyst his job then it should cost a black one his too....Racism does exist in every nationality, different levels but it's human nature and it will always exist, no matter how many laws or rules try to stop it....It's how each individual person feels inside, and that is their preference and right.....By the way, where was Sherman and his cape for Johnny ?????:rollseyes:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe you could tell us if Deion Sanders remark about Johnny Manzeil being ghetto is a racist comment......He even defined it to mean that he had the ability and cockeyness of a black guy from the hood....If that's not racist, then nothing is.....But no repercussions whatsoever, why you ask ? Because of the color of his skin and who he is....To many black people, racism is only white, it doesn't exist on their side of the fence.....But people with an IQ above a frog, know it does....My gripe is if it's gonna cost a white analyst his job then it should cost a black one his too....Racism does exist in every nationality, different levels but it's human nature and it will always exist, no matter how many laws or rules try to stop it....It's how each individual person feels inside, and that is their preference and right.....By the way, where was Sherman and his cape for Johnny ?????:rollseyes:

You sure about that? Because if you read the actual transcript, he didn't say that. He said this:

DEION SANDERS: Because he was successful, he made it, and he let you all know he made it, and he was cocky, he was flamboyant, and he let you know.

Deion Sanders Talks DeSean Jackson Release, Diva WR?s, Johnny Football?s Ghetto Tendencies | Roland Martin Reports

Not a single thing about being like "a black guy from the hood". :rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are afraid to talk about race and when someone else does they feel the need to point and say, "race card puller", especially when its à minority.

I consider all of humans equal, so no one has to point out something and say, its because of color or nationality or sexual preference. I could give a rats ass about any of those and its all about that individual and how they carry themselves. There are all types in gangs and all types that are assholes and douchebags. People need to stop bringing up things that happened in past to ancestors and use that as a crutch, circus lemonades excuses. I had a guy at work and everytime anything came up he didnt like or diidnt hold water, he pulled the race card. Someone once said that he was strong as a horse, and he came to me to complain because he felt that was in reference to his ancestors doing hard labor as slaves hundreds of years ago. We had a radio in showroom, that we kept station on local pop music and he kept switching it to blues. When I asked him not to switch it, he said" Is it because Blues is too black?' Give me a break

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of attitude is why so many issues involving race and double standards always get swept under the rug. Everyone turns a blind eye to it unless it is absolutely blatantly offensive.

Sherman has brought up race only twice in this past year and both times he brought up a lot of valid points that have been also echoed by others.

I don't see anyone here actually disputing his points. All I see are grown men attacking another man's character using childish insults for having an opinion.

When I mentioned the race card, it had nothing to do with Richard Sherman. I havent bashed him and like his play. I dont pay attention to what he, Mendenhall or any player has to say and could care less. I like when a player talks trash and the other team uses it for bulletin board material. Like Peyton retorted,"lets see how many Ducks I throw". Sherman's prediction was more on point

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stayed in college an extra year to spend that year working towards a masters degree. Sure sounds to me like he took his education seriously.

If you actually listen to what Sherman says instead of quotes taken well out of context like the OP, he is pretty much exclusively well-spoken and well thought out. He didn't make this a race thing. The media's just begging for excuses to make a story out of what, in reality, was a very good story in its own right explaining why "gang ties" should not be a real concern for a team, especially given what else gets completely ignored by teams and the league.

I've read what he's written and most of it is shallow bs (and I'm not going to read it anymore because it's a waste of time). He's giving some "breaking away from the bad environment" crap but the facts are:

1. Believe it or not, stud athletes are treated like gods in Compton as well.
2. DJax wasn't having problems breaking away from his environment. He opened his own rap label which is a shady business
3. DJax is a jackass to begin with. For whatever reason this story was leaked, but most of the stuff from the other guys in the locker room is that he was a player more concerned with his own numbers than the team.

I like Sherman as a player and he's a hard worker and doesn't get in trouble. But he's also one of the biggest self promoters in the league and it's starting to get annoying. And he's the one that's throwing himself out there by writing all these opinion pieces so I feel entitled to call BS if I want to.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure about that? Because if you read the actual transcript, he didn't say that. He said this:

Deion Sanders Talks DeSean Jackson Release, Diva WR?s, Johnny Football?s Ghetto Tendencies | Roland Martin Reports

Not a single thing about being like "a black guy from the hood". :rollseyes:

He said he had ghetto tendencies....He was actually saying that the boy is hated because he plays like a black qb.....His purpose was good but the comment is just as racist as any I've heard.

Johnny Manziel ghetto black quarterback stereotypes | FOX Sports on MSN

"Johnny Manziel plays like a "black" quarterback. Deep down, a great deal of the animosity Manziel has provoked has come for this reason, because lots of white people don't like the way Manziel carries himself both on and off the field.
I wrote and talked about this last September, but most media has been afraid to touch the fault line. Until this morning, when Deion Sanders suplexed the racial fault line on the Tom Joyner Show with guest host Roland Martin and said, "Oh, please. I love Johnny Football. See, the reason people won’t accept Johnny Football is because Johnny Football has ghetto tendencies. I love Johnny Football."
Then Prime Time continued, executing a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the racial fault line when he was asked to explain what he meant by "ghetto tendencies."
Sanders: "Because he was successful, he made it, and he let you all know he made it, and he was cocky, he was flamboyant, and he let you know."

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark my words. Sherman will hurt the Seahacks locker room in the end.

Sherman's mentality is a cancer. Forget about race, it's the "ME, MYSELF and I" mentality of self absorption. He will fail and He will flame out. I just hope he's still in Seattle when it happens.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman's mentality is a cancer. Forget about race, it's the "ME, MYSELF and I" mentality of self absorption. He will fail and He will flame out. I just hope he's still in Seattle when it happens.

Ok, so you have an opinion? So what the hell does that have to do with the original post?

Some say Sherman's an asshole - some call him champion!

I'd say he is faster than you, better looking than you, smarter than you, and richer than you!

Does any of this have anything to do with football?

In the article he stated an opinion. Is he not allowed to have one? Does it have to agree with yours?

I read the article and I was not offended. I started to read this thread and I just can't stomach this bullshit! Not going to read the rest.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL! "The above statement was sponsored by bitter jealousy".

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so you have an opinion? So what the hell does that have to do with the original post?

Some say Sherman's an asshole - some call him champion!

I'd say he is faster than you, better looking than you, smarter than you, and richer than you!

Does any of this have anything to do with football?

In the article he stated an opinion. Is he not allowed to have one? Does it have to agree with yours?

I read the article and I was not offended. I started to read this thread and I just can't stomach this bullshit! Not going to read the rest.

"You Mad Bro" ?.....Maybe you forgot how this horse's behind dissed your 3 time SB champion, Pro Bowl QB in his rookie yr....He gives no respect and he deserves none.....And as to your post above, he may be richer, and faster, but unless BB has the face of an orangutan, I would seriously doubt the better looking statement....More importantly, he uses racism for his convenience only....:nod:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we don't care? He talks to get in his opponent's heads and it mostly works. Good for him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he had ghetto tendencies....He was actually saying that the boy is hated because he plays like a black qb.....His purpose was good but the comment is just as racist as any I've heard.

Johnny Manziel ghetto black quarterback stereotypes | FOX Sports on MSN

"Johnny Manziel plays like a "black" quarterback. Deep down, a great deal of the animosity Manziel has provoked has come for this reason, because lots of white people don't like the way Manziel carries himself both on and off the field.
I wrote and talked about this last September, but most media has been afraid to touch the fault line. Until this morning, when Deion Sanders suplexed the racial fault line on the Tom Joyner Show with guest host Roland Martin and said, "Oh, please. I love Johnny Football. See, the reason people won’t accept Johnny Football is because Johnny Football has ghetto tendencies. I love Johnny Football."
Then Prime Time continued, executing a Hulk Hogan leg drop on the racial fault line when he was asked to explain what he meant by "ghetto tendencies."
Sanders: "Because he was successful, he made it, and he let you all know he made it, and he was cocky, he was flamboyant, and he let you know."

He doesn't say anything about "ability or cockiness of a black guy". That's just your assumption and your link there is just someone else's assumption.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't say anything about "ability or cockiness of a black guy". That's just your assumption and your link there is just someone else's assumption.

When you hear him say ghetto tendancies, do you think "white guy"....Cause noone else on the planet does, and the article says it flat out for you.....If you can't understand that then I can't help you dude.....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you hear him say ghetto tendancies, do you think "white guy"....Cause noone else on the planet does, and the article says it flat out for you.....If you can't understand that then I can't help you dude.....

I know what "ghetto tendencies" can imply. But you said that he described it to be "like a black guy from the hood" when all he said was that he plays with swagger.

It would be a lot bigger story if he would have actually said "like a black guy from the hood". Rather than just some blogger insinuating what he meant.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All race considerations aside, Sherman is one ugly MFer.