• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Cries Racism

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of attitude is why so many issues involving race and double standards always get swept under the rug. Everyone turns a blind eye to it unless it is absolutely blatantly offensive.

Sherman has brought up race only twice in this past year and both times he brought up a lot of valid points that have been also echoed by others.

I don't see anyone here actually disputing his points. All I see are grown men attacking another man's character using childish insults for having an opinion.

I don't think race is being swept under the rug as obviously this right here is showing just how much it is at the forefront of society. If anything I see people calling racism on just about anything and everything. News reporters are having to apologize left and right for things they say that a few all of a sudden start screaming that the reporter meant it in a horrible way. Our society has gotten too sensitive to the point that anything can be taken out of context and somehow twisted to be racist. Believe me I am a public speaker for a living and everything I say and do has to be double checked because so many people try and want to hear me say something wrong.

Now as to his points. His argument towards the NFL banning the "N" word has been disputed by many. Even many in the black community want that word gone from all races vocabulary. With the NFL expanding how much the average fan can be a part of every little detail of the game these days the NFL realizes there is no word in the English language that brings about more controversy than that one at this time so they as a company realize it would be harmful to their business to have anybody say that word. This is a money issue not a race issue. All NFL decisions are based on money...Why can't people especially players see that?

Now as for the topic at hand that Sherman wrote about I commend him for trying to defend his friend but his friend has done him no favors with his actions on and off the field. It is well documented that Jackson showed up late to practices and meetings on more than one occasion this last year and was becoming a distraction in the locker room and especially in practice for his half-hearted efforts. It rubbed the coaches and other players the wrong way. Throw in then his contract was one of the highest on the team so you kind of expect to spend that kind of money on a player who actually brings up the play of those around you not bringing it down. Now yes there are reports about his gang connections (which hey when a player is being questioned in 2 separate murder cases and one of them happened at his property yes that raises a few questions) but there is plenty of other red flags that Jackson was doing to deserve being fired.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont hold your breath for his teammates to turn on him just because Tebows did.

Tebow wasnt à great player but was treated as such. Sherman is arguably the best player on the best team in the league. His teammates rave about him, but then again they dont just tune in when the média wants to runaway with something he says. Dont underestimate the value of actually knowing someone, and not the public characterization of them.

I understand that but teammates can go weary of one player getting all of the attention on the team even if they are a good player. Especially say the Seahawks stop winning sometime in the near future yet all the attention is still on Sherman.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This kind of attitude is why so many issues involving race and double standards always get swept under the rug. Everyone turns a blind eye to it unless it is absolutely blatantly offensive.

Sherman has brought up race only twice in this past year and both times he brought up a lot of valid points that have been also echoed by others.

I don't see anyone here actually disputing his points. All I see are grown men attacking another man's character using childish insults for having an opinion.

Some people are afraid to talk about race and when someone else does they feel the need to point and say, "race card puller", especially when its à minority.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people are afraid to talk about race and when someone else does they feel the need to point and say, "race card puller", especially when its à minority.

It goes both ways I would think. Yes I agree there are times people are way too insensitive while other times people need to grow some thicker skin. Such as any time two people of opposite races have any kind of criminal charge brought up against each other the race card seems to be the first thing brought up. Why couldn't it just have been a regular crime between two people? There are times that can happen where the person could care less what race they were when they committed the crime.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think race is being swept under the rug as obviously this right here is showing just how much it is at the forefront of society. If anything I see people calling racism on just about anything and everything. News reporters are having to apologize left and right for things they say that a few all of a sudden start screaming that the reporter meant it in a horrible way. Our society has gotten too sensitive to the point that anything can be taken out of context and somehow twisted to be racist. Believe me I am a public speaker for a living and everything I say and do has to be double checked because so many people try and want to hear me say something wrong.

Now as to his points. His argument towards the NFL banning the "N" word has been disputed by many. Even many in the black community want that word gone from all races vocabulary. With the NFL expanding how much the average fan can be a part of every little detail of the game these days the NFL realizes there is no word in the English language that brings about more controversy than that one at this time so they as a company realize it would be harmful to their business to have anybody say that word. This is a money issue not a race issue. All NFL decisions are based on money...Why can't people especially players see that?

Now as for the topic at hand that Sherman wrote about I commend him for trying to defend his friend but his friend has done him no favors with his actions on and off the field. It is well documented that Jackson showed up late to practices and meetings on more than one occasion this last year and was becoming a distraction in the locker room and especially in practice for his half-hearted efforts. It rubbed the coaches and other players the wrong way. Throw in then his contract was one of the highest on the team so you kind of expect to spend that kind of money on a player who actually brings up the play of those around you not bringing it down. Now yes there are reports about his gang connections (which hey when a player is being questioned in 2 separate murder cases and one of them happened at his property yes that raises a few questions) but there is plenty of other red flags that Jackson was doing to deserve being fired.

Its funny you bring up his "n word argument". That was just another case where his point was ignoréd and the ignorant just created their narative.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny you bring up his "n word argument". That was just another case where his point was ignoréd and the ignorant just created their narative.

I understand his argument was "why won't they ban all cuss words then." He was more saying that by targeting this one word it brings about questions of why just this one word compared to all the others. Yes I read his thoughts on that too. Again there is no word that these players say that causes more issues in the media and with viewers than that of the "N" word. Look at TV today and all the cuss words that are allowed on tv. They are becoming less and less controversial to be a part of regular conversation. Yet this one word still brings about crazy controversy. This one word brought tons of media attention to a very mediocre player in Cooper before this past season. Nobody knew who the kid was until he said this word and the NFL actually made him go seek counseling. I don't see that happening with any other word.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman is a smart guy, does he really believe in what he is writting is what people are questioning or is he just branching out into his career after football as a shock journalist/ public figure ?

I personally believe it's the latter.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but teammates can go weary of one player getting all of the attention on the team even if they are a good player. Especially say the Seahawks stop winning sometime in the near future yet all the attention is still on Sherman.

This was from your previous post.

Sherman will get recognized less and less for his actual play on the field and I can promise you teammates will eventually get tired of the media circus.

First you promise that it will blow up in his face, then you put paramèters on that like if they start losing. What if they dont start losing? What if he keeps up his all pro play?

Just because the national média wants to focus on what he says rather than his play doesnt mean shit. Nobody in Seattle ignorés his play because of what the national média says, i think it would be even tougher for guys sharing the field and watching his tape every day to put comments that some asshole takes out of context ahead of his play on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was from your previous post.

First you promise that it will blow up in his face, then you put paramèters on that like if they start losing. What if they dont start losing? What if he keeps up his all pro play?

Just because the national média wants to focus on what he says rather than his play doesnt mean shit. Nobody in Seattle ignorés his play because of what the national média says, i think it would be even tougher for guys sharing the field and watching his tape every day to put comments that some asshole takes out of context ahead of his play on the field.

I guess we shall see what happens.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and yet he still remains more original and interesting than Kaepernick.

:nono:

Now, now. Don't try to equate the cesspool of seattle with San Francisco Greatness.

(The Seahacks deserve goof boy, Sherman. In fact, he's perfect you!! :nod:)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy graduated from Stanford...this guy :L

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L What do Hawk fans say about this guy, oh yeh " we never take this guy serious"

I can tell you what a Ravens fan thinks of it.....Sherman is a run away mouth that's bound for destruction...
But no surprise that when they have no legitimate argument , they play the race card.....It always shows 2 things, their desperation and their ignorance....He might want to look at the fact that Jackson was a malcontent since the day he arrived in Philly, wouldn't come to training camp, disruption in the locker room etc.....And Sherman might want to consider the fact that the Eagles took in a dog killer that is a black man and resurrected his destroyed career, but this moron has trouble with them forgiving Riley for a one incident outburst because he is white.....Now who did he say was a racist ????Jackson finally hit a HC that didn't care about how good he could play, he wasn't gonna take the little gangster's antics anymore....And maybe he feels that over all Riley is more productive than his little boyfriend is.....Kudos to the Eagles, you made the right choice....:clap:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you what a Ravens fan thinks of it.....Sherman is a run away mouth that's bound for destruction...
But no surprise that when they have no legitimate argument , they play the race card.....It always shows 2 things, their desperation and their ignorance....He might want to look at the fact that Jackson was a malcontent since the day he arrived in Philly, wouldn't come to training camp, disruption in the locker room etc.....And Sherman might want to consider the fact that the Eagles took in a dog killer that is a black man and resurrected his destroyed career, but this moron has trouble with them forgiving Riley for a one incident outburst because he is white.....Now who did he say was a racist ????Jackson finally hit a HC that didn't care about how good he could play, he wasn't gonna take the little gangster's antics anymore....And maybe he feels that over all Riley is more productive than his little boyfriend is.....Kudos to the Eagles, you made the right choice....:clap:

Let me tell you what this Seahawk fan thinks about this.

A) Sherman shouldn't have commented on it because he doesn't know what is going on in the locker room. However it is natural for players to take the side of the player , right?

B) Vick was a Reid reclamation project, Kelly gets no credit for that.

C) Kelly should of suspended Jackson for insubordination, if reports are true about what was happening in the locker room with Jackson. If he did that, perhaps the Eagles don't have to simply release him.

D) Sherman is not headed for destruction. He's just a guy with a mouth and opinions. Seems that lots of folks listen to his every word.:lol:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this topic and this thread has run its course. Nothing more to discuss here.

I will say this though...although we disagree I respect that Cdumler actually made an effort to discuss the topic and to get his points across. Race is a very touchy subject and while there is a dictionary definition as to what racism is...there is no universal agreement on what is actually racism and what is not.

This is why I suggest everyone to not always react to someone bringing up race as just them bringing up the race card for no reason. We may not always agree that something is racist or a double standard...but that does not absolutely rule out that it is not racism.

That's all I gotta say

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please drop the "he went to Stanford" crap? Every time he says something really stupid his defenders fall back on that. He went to Stanford to major in football. Why don't we just look at the crap that he's producing, which is pretty low-rate social commentary. It's kind of ironic that he called out Bayless for being worse than him at life when Sherman could never match Bayless when it comes to trolling. Bayless is a really smart guy and used to be a legit journalist. He just figured out pretty early that there's a lot of $'s to be made as a shock jock.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

Now, now. Don't try to equate the cesspool of seattle with San Francisco Greatness.

(The Seahacks deserve goof boy, Sherman. In fact, he's perfect you!! :nod:)

I agree that he is perfect for us. Perfect for picking off the lame reads and decisions that Kaep makes!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he is perfect for us. Perfect for picking off the lame reads and decisions that Kaep makes!

Maybe he should work to try and catch your lame comebacks before you post them for the world to see :suds:

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did anyone use the n word to the media?? They say it to each other. So just because others overhear it that makes it wrong. That's just being sensitive and jealous.

When do they use the "N" word peroid? That is the better question. Several guys are using the phrase, "whats funny", whats funny to me, is the fact that most of you pretend that its the SAME word.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should work to try and catch your lame comebacks before you post them for the world to see :suds:

Eh. No more lame than BB's whiny hate posts or Kaep's inability to check through options.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well said