• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Richard Sherman Cries Racism

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles had a plan the whole time. I don't care what Sherman said, I haven't read, probably won't. I don't need his take on the world to get by, but anyway.

Jackson to me is like a Mike Vick athletically. Can make highlight reel plays, but is not something you build your team around because in the end they don't hold up and you'd be better off getting more consistent production in all facets of a position than a few highlights from one guy in certain circumstances. Now that can be just fine under the right circumstances but here you have a loudmouth malcontent always bitching about something. He's a me, me, me guy and anything but a team guy. I'm sure Philly got fed up with him.

They waited till FA was in full swing to diminish his value, then tossed out some perfectly legitimate excuses, that we all know every team in the NFL knows about and they either accept them or not, and released him before a draft deep in WR.

I can't say I blame them, Jackson isn't someone I would even want sniffing a roster spot on a team I cheer for. His talent is replaceable and losing his attitude is almost worth it by itself. But, I'm sure Philly had plans to cut this guy for a while, and knew the timing of it. The gang tie stuff was just for the public, NFL teams know all about this guy, and like I said. Some are ok with it, some are not.

It's good to see the Redskins still haven't learned a lesson :)

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite Sherman moment was watching Trent Williams punch him in the mouth

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idiot, racist, goofs like Sherman are divisive in a Locker room, So the Seahacks locker room is were we want his sorry ass :nod:

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it is racist or not, why does Richard Sherman need to be the one to comment... He needs to learn how to keep is mouth shut when things dont affect him... There is so much racism around, that you can bring up anything and there will likely be some racism there, so why make comments that can backfire at you when you are not affected??

That is my problem with Sherman, he just has to say something!!!

He writes a weekly (or thereabouts) article for TMMQB.
Do you jump down every journalist's throat when they write an opinion piece for putting their opinion out there?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you jump down every journalist's throat when they write an opinion piece for putting their opinion out there?

No I don't but when they keep writing on the same subject and calling every little thing racist that happens in the NFL then yes he deserves some criticism. If everything is racist then nothing is racist really. He is just too thin skinned to be writing on the subject as he seems to be looking for every opportunity to point out racism. If anything he is causing more division because of his focus on the subject than actually helping.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet everyone here who is calling Sherman an idiot, troll or attacking his character is going to ignore JDM's link and continue to live under the illusion that Sherman is this uneducated person who constantly spouts nonsense

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman: "its racist to ban the "N" word from the NFL"

"Riley Cooper should have been cut because he used the "N" word and its a racial slur"

hypocrisy at its finest.

It goes both ways. Why can the NFL ban the word, yet Cooper said it and wasn't even punished? If the NFL bans the word Sherman could get in trouble for saying it, but as I said Cooper said it with no punishment. How does that make any sense?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet everyone here who is calling Sherman an idiot, troll or attacking his character is going to ignore JDM's link and continue to live under the illusion that Sherman is this uneducated person who constantly spouts nonsense

It blows my mind all the hate towards the guy.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes both ways. Why can the NFL ban the word, yet Cooper said it and wasn't even punished? If the NFL bans the word Sherman could get in trouble for saying it, but as I said Cooper said it with no punishment. How does that make any sense?

For the same reason ex post facto laws are unconstitutional.

It's not realistic to hold people to standards that didn't exist at the time they broke them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked:
Uhh... what?

BB doesn't read before he posts. Or at least he doesn't bother to digest what he is reading. Always view his posts accordingly and they are much easier to understand.

You have lots of people up here calling him names without actually reading what was said by him. This isn't anything new. He is a divisive player and it comes with the territory.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure he was suspended from practice while he went and got counseling. Now yes not much of a punishment but the guy spouted off while drunk at a concert if I remember right. Not a huge deal. There are guys who get away with drunk driving left and right in the NFL with very little punishment.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in that article (yes I did read it) Sherman is making a ton of assumptions about the Eagles that he has no clue on. Yes there were rumors released about Jackson having Gang Ties but there is no evidence that he was released solely for this reason. The guy was being paid $10 million a year (#1 receiver money) yet was playing more like a #2. Throw in it is documented that this past season he started missing meetings and was showing up late to practice. He also is reported as butting heads with head coach Chip Kelly as he didn't like the quarterback change. Guess it doesn't matter to him that the team started actually winning and made the playoffs after they made the quarterback change.

So again Sherman is taking some major leaps in this article and bad mouthing an organization that has been known to give guys 2nd chances when nobody else would. I wouldn't say Sherman is accusing them of being racist just more him saying they are judging him by the people he hangs out with who just happen to be a bunch of black gang members. Again there is no evidence to suggest this is the reason or even one of the reasons the Eagles decided to let go of Jackson. So if anybody should be accused of slander in this situation it would be that of Sherman and the way he is speaking about the Eagles.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for calling me out... I did not realize he was a semi regular at this... That certainly changes my thoughts about him being the one making the comments... Good for him to be a published writer... But if you have read my comments before that post, i was in agreement with him, i just had a problem that it was always him being the one saying it... But having a piece gives him the right and the opportunity to give him a voice, and if thats what he wants to write about so be it... I just hope he writes about more than just race...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also in that article (yes I did read it) Sherman is making a ton of assumptions about the Eagles that he has no clue on. Yes there were rumors released about Jackson having Gang Ties but there is no evidence that he was released solely for this reason. The guy was being paid $10 million a year (#1 receiver money) yet was playing more like a #2. Throw in it is documented that this past season he started missing meetings and was showing up late to practice. He also is reported as butting heads with head coach Chip Kelly as he didn't like the quarterback change. Guess it doesn't matter to him that the team started actually winning and made the playoffs after they made the quarterback change.

So again Sherman is taking some major leaps in this article and bad mouthing an organization that has been known to give guys 2nd chances when nobody else would. I wouldn't say Sherman is accusing them of being racist just more him saying they are judging him by the people he hangs out with who just happen to be a bunch of black gang members. Again there is no evidence to suggest this is the reason or even one of the reasons the Eagles decided to let go of Jackson. So if anybody should be accused of slander in this situation it would be that of Sherman and the way he is speaking about the Eagles.

I don't think it is an attack on the eagles as much as a defense of Jackson.

He specifically says that he does not have any evidence that the eagles released Jackson for gang ties.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is an attack on the eagles as much as a defense of Jackson.

He specifically says that he does not have any evidence that the eagles released Jackson for gang ties.

But then spends the rest of the article bad mouthing the Eagles for releasing him. He even says "The Seattle Seahawks get it. The Philadelphia Eagles apparently do not" in speaking about the Eagles cutting Jackson because of his ties to the Gang. You can't bad mouth the Eagles on an assumption but say I don't know this to be true and think that is ok. That is what we call Slander in the great USA. Saying something about somebody that you don't actually know to be true but trying to play it like it is.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as banning the N word IT IS RACIST! how are you only going to ban the N word but not the other bad words?? everybody knows that black players use the word so when a black players goes up to his teammate after a good play and uses the N word that a penalty? So when a white player yells out to another player "YOUR F***ING GARBAGE" thats ok and civil?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as banning the N word IT IS RACIST! how are you only going to ban the N word but not the other bad words?? everybody knows that black players use the word so when a black players goes up to his teammate after a good play and uses the N word that a penalty? So when a white player yells out to another player "YOUR F***ING GARBAGE" thats ok and civil?

My guess is the NFL is just starting with this word at this time because it is the most controversial word that can be spoken by any of these players. Look at the media circus that came about from an average player like Cooper saying it at a concert when he was drunk. They made him go get counseling and give a formal apology. I don't see the NFL doing that with any other word.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you JDM for providing the link to the real story with what Sherman actually said

Everyone on here is so quick to jump on Sherman and to judge him without knowing what was actually said

Take the time to read the article. He makes valid points.

I read the article too. I dont like him, but he does make some points.