• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 wasnt ready

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the reasons you stated I did not post on the ESPN boards. I saw how bad it would get and yes I like these boards much better. I like to even have a good discussion on some of the other boards. I just wish that some people could forget about the past postings on ESPN and have good debates here.

We are getting there. I think that the debates here are real good for the most part & the trolling is almost to a minimum. IMO - this forum has provided a good outlet for our frustrations after a game like yesterday. It is usually get to get someone else's take to perhaps make you see things more clearly.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Helu looked good! If that counts for anything :p

Actually several players played well (perhaps not for the entire game). The rookie Reed played well, Hankerson & the other receivers did well in the 2nd second half & the pass rush stepped up in the 2nd half. Kudos to Cofield for doing alright playing with that cast. I just have to imagine that is painful.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perry Riley wasn't bad he improves all the time.

Am worried about Kerrigan though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As per Extremeskins a little while ago:

Good news.!!!

Sources: Ryan Kerrigan has passed tests for a possible concussion. Big break for the #Redskins as they move forward after week-one loss.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins doesn't play defense. Don't be fooled by the bogus "comeback" the Skins produced while the Eagles sat back in prevent defense for most of the 2nd half. You guys took a tough loss to a good team. It happens. Next week is a new game.

BTW - just watched some of the game again including the 2nd half. Were you watching the same game? The Eagles did not "sit back in prevent defense" during this time. They were running 4 man lines, blitzes, etc during most of this time. Where do you get your info?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - just watched some of the game again including the 2nd half. Were you watching the same game? The Eagles did not "sit back in prevent defense" during this time. They were running 4 man lines, blitzes, etc during most of this time. Where do you get your info?

Because people who watch the game sometimes don't know what the hell they are watching.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree about Riley and the rest of our interior defense. They all played poorly. How many times did McCoy abuse the middle of the field on the zone read? On more than 3 occasions Riley & Co took themselves right out of the play by over pursuing with no one left in the cut back lane. Our first half on defense was poorly coached and poorly played regardless of the turn overs on offense.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning look just as bad and he had all of preseason to get ready. This is just the first step to him getting back to his old self.

I agree Eli has been bad for a while now..i would not choose Eli as a franchise QB....i know he has won 2 SB but he is an avg QB during the regular season in my opinion!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look , what did you expect ? of course Rg3 would have rust . we all got caught up in the hype

look i would take 329 yds and 2 tds from my qb . the fact was rust by Rg3 and morris cost us dearly

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look , what did you expect ? of course Rg3 would have rust . we all got caught up in the hype

look i would take 329 yds and 2 tds from my qb . the fact was rust by Rg3 and morris cost us dearly

Skinsdad... we are simply supposed to ignore the second half of the game. the eagles were in cruise mode even as they ran double barrel blitzes consistently after all. Least wise thats what some people will say.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... we are simply supposed to ignore the second half of the game. the eagles were in cruise mode even as they ran double barrel blitzes consistently after all. Least wise thats what some people will say.

Only way to put that to rest is for RG3 & the team to play solidly this week. Let's face it - RG3 is a polarizing figure & some folks are going to find fault with him no matter what. Who cares? In the end all that will matter will be the Ws & Ls.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal. He had a bad game. We've never seen this before (not counting the playoff game as he was injured). We can't expect him to play at an elite level every week. No QB does, they all have bad games. Was it due to inactivity during preseason? Who knows, but that didn't help. We should get a better feel this week if it was rust.

Does anyone really expect him to play the rest of his career like he did Monday night? Not even the cowboy trolls really think that will be the case. He will get back in sync and we will have an elite QB under center in the very near future, maybe this week.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins were more worried about Vick running then they were about him throwing the ball. They gave him hours to sit in the pocket and wait for a target to open and with our inexperience secondary it didn't take long for their wr or te to get open. Our secondary will and always had been a problem for years since Sean Taylor died. Our offense will start clicking again when RG3 gets more comfortable and the o-line gels again. However the secondary and the aging LB's will be a concern and will give up 24+ pts a game. Next year we will have cap room and hopefully we can get a good CB/S while we wait for our rookie secondary to grow. Rambo keeps making the wrong side of the highlight film. To bad we wont have a 1st rd pick next year because I don't see the Skins winning 7 or more games.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins were more worried about Vick running then they were about him throwing the ball. They gave him hours to sit in the pocket and wait for a target to open and with our inexperience secondary it didn't take long for their wr or te to get open. Our secondary will and always had been a problem for years since Sean Taylor died. Our offense will start clicking again when RG3 gets more comfortable and the o-line gels again. However the secondary and the aging LB's will be a concern and will give up 24+ pts a game. Next year we will have cap room and hopefully we can get a good CB/S while we wait for our rookie secondary to grow. Rambo keeps making the wrong side of the highlight film. To bad we wont have a 1st rd pick next year because I don't see the Skins winning 7 or more games.

Aging LBs? Granted LFB falls in that category (& I suppose Barnett who may or may not be a factor). However - they have lots other LBs that are & will continue to be effective for quite a while. I am not really worried about their front 7 for quite a while. Sure it could use some tweaking but it is not too bad.

How can you make complete evaluations on the young secondary after one game? They are young guys - they are going to make mistakes. Give it some time. They still may not make it, but you can't make a thorough evaluation after one game - especially against an offense that nobody has seen prior to now.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant the pitch play in the endzone was rg3 fault. Obviously the Morris fumble was his fault. That's the problem shany is worried about what other people think and he cant coach this team. The better qb was on the bench last night. Yes the defense missed tackles and blew coverage's but they played good enough to win. The 1st half offense was inexcusable. The eagles should of blew us out but they didn't b/c of our defense.

The defense ranked 27th in yards and 28th in points. They did a good job of bending and not breaking at times, but let's not act like it was a proud defensive effort spoiled by a poor offense. The offense did them no favors, but they'll find their form again. The defense likely is what it is.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elocomotive, the offense couldnt get first downs in the first half which put us in a deep hole on defense. Yes they gave up points b/c they were always on the field and got gased. In the 2nd half the offense started to get first downs and the defense only gave up one TD. My point being is that if the offense was just avg. in the first half we would of won the game.