• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yeah... I'll take Schefter's word over that Philly hack, Eskin any day.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if "the plan" is to have RG3 not play in first game or two what would it benefit the Skins by releasing that info. I personally believe RG3 plays week one and this kinda worries me a little to be honest. I would rather have a QB in "game shape" starting than for RG3 to be thrown out there against Philly in opener. Damn I'm torn on this one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if "the plan" is to have RG3 not play in first game or two what would it benefit the Skins by releasing that info. I personally believe RG3 plays week one and this kinda worries me a little to be honest. I would rather have a QB in "game shape" starting than for RG3 to be thrown out there against Philly in opener. Damn I'm torn on this one.

no matter when you decide to start him he wont be in game shape . the next hurdle is can he play , protect himself and not aggravate the injury more if he plays

if the answer is "no " to any of those then he sits

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no matter when you decide to start him he wont be in game shape . the next hurdle is can he play , protect himself and not aggravate the injury more if he plays

if the answer is "no " to any of those then he sits

:agree:

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time I've heard Snyder chime in, according to ESPN, the decision will be 100% up to Andrews.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the fact that guys our hitting low then saying they're doing it because of fines for hitting high...

A LITTLE WORRIED ..... :noidea:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the fact that guys our hitting low then saying they're doing it because of fines for hitting high...

A LITTLE WORRIED ..... :noidea:

The league is over compensating for the helmut to helmut hits and now careers will end because of knees. Need to find the balance. It's getting ridiculous.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league is over compensating for the helmut to helmut hits and now careers will end because of knees. Need to find the balance. It's getting ridiculous.

Agree. The most recent rule involving RBs not lowering their head sounds completely ridiculous. As you stated - they need to find a balance.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No balance will be found. This is now being driven by the laywers. a couple thousand ex players are suing the league for concussion related injuries. If the league is found culpable, this could get very expensive. Once the lawyers get involved, it is all about owner protection, not player protection.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly j_y19, that is the driving motivation and I agree with your assessment. Concussions are definitely a huge concern but I see other career ending injuries resulting from this latest rule.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly j_y19, that is the driving motivation and I agree with your assessment. Concussions are definitely a huge concern but I see other career ending injuries resulting from this latest rule.

You are correct & it goes further than that. A lot of these injuries will lead to lifetime problems for some of these players including substance abuse issues that will be as devastating as the head related issues. Bottom line - you cannot legislate a solution for all of this. This is a violent sport & players know the risk when they put on the pads - especially nowadays.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well put So Cal. Agree, agree! Btw, where in Cali are you? I'm in the Central Coast, one lonely skin amidst many Niners and Raiders fans... I'm holding my own, lol.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct & it goes further than that. A lot of these injuries will lead to lifetime problems for some of these players including substance abuse issues that will be as devastating as the head related issues. Bottom line - you cannot legislate a solution for all of this. This is a violent sport & players know the risk when they put on the pads - especially nowadays.

man this is a huge issue with few very real answers

on one hand you have ex players who are committing suicide , suffering from dementia or alzheimers because of repeated concussions . i think the NFL should take care of these players better after they leave the game but a lot of this was do to lack of research . (unless owners and team drs hid it ) \\

so you try to implement rules to protect against that and then the unintended consequence is now you have to aim for the legs and possibly end careers

i think we have to look at the equipment . learn from the research , and take care of players better once they leave the game

i get the rules about leading with the helmet but common sense must rule also . proper tackling needs to be taught and stop glorifying hard hits with sloppy technique

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man this is a huge issue with few very real answers

on one hand you have ex players who are committing suicide , suffering from dementia or alzheimers because of repeated concussions . i think the NFL should take care of these players better after they leave the game but a lot of this was do to lack of research . (unless owners and team drs hid it ) \\

so you try to implement rules to protect against that and then the unintended consequence is now you have to aim for the legs and possibly end careers

i think we have to look at the equipment . learn from the research , and take care of players better once they leave the game

i get the rules about leading with the helmet but common sense must rule also . proper tackling needs to be taught and stop glorifying hard hits with sloppy technique

Go ahead, get this jingle out of your head. I dare you!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very well put So Cal. Agree, agree! Btw, where in Cali are you? I'm in the Central Coast, one lonely skin amidst many Niners and Raiders fans... I'm holding my own, lol.

Sadly - I had to leave SoCal late last year for my job. I now live in Alabama - the heart of SEC country (I really could care less about college football). Up until that time I lived in Orange County just outside of Long Beach. If you are ever down that way you have to go to Joxer Dalys in Culver City. IMO - it is the best Redskins bar on the planet. Tons of transplanted DC folks go there every Sunday.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws may indeed see some awkward passing mechanics. He is an ex QB and sees stuff differently. I felt hearing him that he was making the point that there is a difference between medical clearance vs football efficient ready (coach clearance) I'm ok with his opinion. Cuz it's just that.
I just take his opinion with a grain of salt. After all, he's an ex eagle and it's pretty obvious that he is biased towards pure pocket passing QBs.

So Cal - thanks for the Skins bar tip in LA. If I'm ever that way I'll check it out! Cheers!