• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, Theisman inserting himself into the interaction with Dr Anrews and Robert on the Tampa football field. Hilarious.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Russell @Russellmania980
Dr James Andrews says to @espnradio980 that the information will come strictly from the head coach Mike Shanahan on RG 3 .#Redskins
7 minutes ago

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Russell @Russellmania980
Dr James Andrews says to @espnradio980 that the information will come strictly from the head coach Mike Shanahan on RG 3 .#Redskins
7 minutes ago

as it should

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more hilarious was when Lawrence Taylor broke Theisman's leg. Omen to come for RGIII.

Think about it for a moment.....

Alot of Cowboys fans either openly or secretly hope for RG3s career to be injury riddled, or cut short by injury.

Every Skins fan I know, or have talked to was practically giddy when Romo got his extension. We wish him good health and hope he plays out every second of that contract.

Wonder what the difference is?? OH yea, RG3 scares the shit out of Dallas fans.

Romo... makes Skins fans laugh.

Now carry on.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask Blue Jersey to think, he's gonna hurt himself.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more hilarious was when Lawrence Taylor broke Theisman's leg. Omen to come for RGIII.

were you even born when this happened ? you are crowing about an injury that happen over 20 years ago and we are obsessed ? :laugh3:

i agree with shark , you hope Rg3 gets hurt because you have no hope of stopping him:10:

oh by the way ace this response belongs in the smack talk thread

use the thread or you will be gone

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alot of Cowboys fans either openly or secretly hope for RG3s career to be injury riddled, or cut short by injury.

Every Skins fan I know, or have talked to was practically giddy when Romo got his extension. We wish him good health and hope he plays out every second of that contract.

Now carry on.
Well said. You couldn't have said it any better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now carry on.

He doesn't scare me. I hope he stays healthy his entire career, rooted for him the entire time he was at Baylor. If we're not good enough to beat you at your best, we don't deserve it. I think we take the skins this year either way. My concern for him is on a personal level, having blown my knee out, he'd better be 100% when he gets back, because regardless of Skinsdad's constant stating that the read option isn't a concern, look at RG'S rushing attempts and yards from his college days till now and his history or knee injuries, and tell me he will still be in the league in 5 years if he doesn't change his approach to the game. They need to take care of this kid. If he only had one leg he'd still go out there if it were up to him

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can admit, I hope Dallas doesnt get a player like him in my life time. I would be hoping the Skins never had to pay against him, much less twice a year. because right now it looks like the only thing that can stop him is injury. Short of that, he looks on pace to become one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can admit, I hope Dallas doesnt get a player like him in my life time. I would be hoping the Skins never had to pay against him, much less twice a year. because right now it looks like the only thing that can stop him is injury. Short of that, he looks on pace to become one of the elite QBs in the NFL.

He might, he has the talent. He will need to stay humble and keep working hard. Last season was his first in the league, this season will tell the story. Now that the DC's in the NFL have him on film, they are going to take away the things he does best, plain and simple. If he comes out and tears it up again this season, he's on his way. If it goes the other way, he won't be the first

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no given that they will take away the things he does best. That has to be proven.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no given that they will take away the things he does best. That has to be proven.

I think it is a given. NFL DC's will scheme to take away whatever RG3's first read and go to plays were from last year. Thats what they do. As good a player as he is, he was a rookie. He may be able to make the adjustments to what they do, but what isn't a given is that he will have more success on the field this year. Cam Newton had similar expectations last year

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a given. Otherwise people would be able to take away what other QBs are good at. Brady wouldn't be Brady. Manning wouldn't be Manning. They can try to take it away but it doesn't mean it will be successful. It's about execution. In the end great players make great plays. And dual threat players are a nightmare to defend. Try to stop one thing that RG3 is good at and he'll beat you with the other aspect of his game. I'd love to see teams start dedicating an extra defender to him in run support, he'll obliterate passing defenses if they do.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a given. Otherwise people would be able to take away what other QBs are good at. Brady wouldn't be Brady. Manning wouldn't be Manning. They can try to take it away but it doesn't mean it will be successful. It's about execution. In the end great players make great plays. And dual threat players are a nightmare to defend. Try to stop one thing that RG3 is good at and he'll beat you with the other aspect of his game. I'd love to see teams start dedicating an extra defender to him in run support, he'll obliterate passing defenses if they do.

I'm not talking about an extra defender. I am nowhere close to a DC, but I can tell you the first thing I would do against the read option is give RG3 what he is great at- the QB run. Jump his first read, take away the inside run, and give him lanes to run. He may beat you for a big one, but get him past the line of scrimmage and he's fair game. Past that, play strict contain in the pass rush and take away the deep pass. Make him read and go underneath all day. If he can, tip your hat

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier said than done. Teams tried last year and with film on the scheme towards the end of the year, the Redskins became better and better at it. Not the other way around.

FLSkinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a given. NFL DC's will scheme to take away whatever RG3's first read and go to plays were from last year. Thats what they do. As good a player as he is, he was a rookie. He may be able to make the adjustments to what they do, but what isn't a given is that he will have more success on the field this year. Cam Newton had similar expectations last year
I hope we get the same type of results that Cam got last year. Why does everyone say he took a step back. Was everyone expecting Brady Passing numbers and Vick rushing numbers for this kid.
Stats:
Passing: 2.3% down on pass completions
182 less passing Yards
2 less TD
5 less Int's
2 more fumbles
Rushing: 1 more run
35 More yards
6 Less Td's
1 Fumble

I would have to say that is not a bad Second year slump. They also won one more game. I do not know why everyone thinks that DC's are so great and can stop everything. If that were true then you would see DC's becoming head coaches more often and winning SB. OC are just waiting for DC's to catch up to what they are doing, then they change it up and they have to adjust again. Then the OC go back to the original and it works again for awhile.
There are very few DC's that can make these adjustments on the fly. Most of them get credit but it is the players they have that make the difference. Ravens had Lewis and Read. Pittsburgh has Troy. This is why they are always at the top of the charts for defenses. The defenses did not change what they do game to game they are able to adjust by what they see on the field and put the other players in positions to stop the play or they do it themselves. When these players were hurt their teams struggled on defense just like all the other teams. Football is a game of Cat and Mouse, and it always will be. That is why teams that find that special player usually have the advantage. At this point we have RGIII and we have an advantage, and we have a better team around him that Cam does. I do not see a slump in numbers (other then in the rushing category) because with Garcon and Davis healthy all year he will not be missing his best targets.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling some people are banking on the hope that RG3 actually isnt capable of beating a team with his arm.

Just remember, there are years of "FILM" on just about every QB currently considered top 15 or so in the NFL.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat teams with his arm all year last year. Accurate underneath, with WRs who can make plays after the catch. And was the most efficient QB in the league last year deep. Leading the league in TD passes over 40 yards on much fewer attempts than other QBs at the top of the list.

If people think he's Vick, they are in for a long year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat teams with his arm all year last year. Accurate underneath, with WRs who can make plays after the catch. And was the most efficient QB in the league last year deep. Leading the league in TD passes over 40 yards on much fewer attempts than other QBs at the top of the list.

If people think he's Vick, they are in for a long year.

RG3 is so much better than Vick even at this stage. It isn't even up for debate. He is smarter, a better leader, makes better play related decisions & is better at all types of passes including short & medium range. The only real negative that is comparable to Vick is on his decision making relating to absorbing punishment & hopefully that is a major area of improvement this season.

I have to laugh when posters suggest all of these easy fixes. If it is so easy why didn't anyone implement any of this last season? RG3 was basically stopped by one person - RG3.

So many people here believe that they can coach in the NFL when the reality is that none of us our qualified for that role (people - get real).