• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RFA signings

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Mitch Unrein, Dbs- Duke Ihenacho and Tony Carter and Lb Brandon Marshall all signed tenders. News is news....all I got

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrein and Carter are both great depth; as I'm guessing Nacho will be too now. That guy blew onto the scene last year, but after about 4-5 games he really started showing weaknesses and at times generally played like shit. He's still young though, so obviously there is room to develop. We need all the depth we can get in the secondary, so Carter and the Duke fill holes. Unrein played pretty good in limited time last year from what I can remember. Had a few big plays here and there.

Did Marshall even see the field last year?

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News is news....I'll take anything right now randy :nod:

Draft needs to get here already.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrein and Carter are both great depth; as I'm guessing Nacho will be too now. That guy blew onto the scene last year, but after about 4-5 games he really started showing weaknesses and at times generally played like shit. He's still young though, so obviously there is room to develop. We need all the depth we can get in the secondary, so Carter and the Duke fill holes. Unrein played pretty good in limited time last year from what I can remember. Had a few big plays here and there.

Did Marshall even see the field last year?

Yeah Doc, the more depth the better. Hopefully Denver can get thru this season with just some minor injuries. I think Unrein has improved a lot but can be non-exsistant vs quality big men. I know they ( Broncos ) are pretty high on Carter ( Tony ) so hopefully he is going to be completely healthy this yr and the Duke, no doubt he made mistakes, and hopefully he`s making every effort to improve on them and be a more consistant player. If Carter is good to go, I see him possibly replacing the Duke for more playing time. Brandon Marshall was on practice squad untill wk 16 vs Raiders where he had 2 tackles. He has a chance of a similar role this yr at best prob.....`bout 14 days till draft!!!!!! Should be a very interesting 1st couple rds this yr.

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Doc, the more depth the better. Hopefully Denver can get thru this season with just some minor injuries. I think Unrein has improved a lot but can be non-exsistant vs quality big men. I know they ( Broncos ) are pretty high on Carter ( Tony ) so hopefully he is going to be completely healthy this yr and the Duke, no doubt he made mistakes, and hopefully he`s making every effort to improve on them and be a more consistant player. If Carter is good to go, I see him possibly replacing the Duke for more playing time. Brandon Marshall was on practice squad untill wk 16 vs Raiders where he had 2 tackles. He has a chance of a similar role this yr at best prob.....`bout 14 days till draft!!!!!! Should be a very interesting 1st couple rds this yr.

From the sounds of it, you are thinking of Quinton Carter the S, Tony Carter is the ERFA and is a CB, he has played a mixed bag overall, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but he is definitely a better option than bringing Jammer back.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tony Carter actually fell out of big time favor with the team. He played a decent number of snaps after Champ went down at the beginning of the season but got benched after the Giants game and wasn't heard of again until the playoffs when Harris went down. He really is a mixed bag. 2 years ago he had a stretch where he was down right impressive. He then followed that up though with penalty after penalty as he loves to grab and tuck while running down the field but never turns back to look for the ball. Quinton Carter unfortunately seems like he is a year too late to get a chance to prove himself. I guess he can compete with Moore for the FS spot but SS seems very much locked down by Ward. If nothing else I guess he provides good depth for the Safety spot for us.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MyBad. Yes, meant Quinton not Tony. I do remember reading some positive comments on him but you could be right about injury setting him back and missing his shot now.