• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Revis "nearly retired" after ACL tear in 2012, still miffed at Patriots

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to some degree I get it. Even if the 49ers suck this year, I want the Seahawyto pound the hell out of them, doesn't matter if their good or bad, just pound the dog shit out of them.

Exactly Harold, plus I have gone to a couple of games at Meadowlands and those Jets fans were horrible, even taunting, harrassing and threatening women if they aren't Jets fans. At Gillette, the fans don't bother the other fans, make light heckling but that's it. Also the Pats and Jets have been in the same div since 70 or so, imagine if you had 45 years with SF

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem OS like Rex and many other mentioned is that he is just a mercenary, all about the $$$ and no loyalty. This is what 3 teams in 3 years, even though he is back with Jets? I think you would feel different about Ed Reed if he just cared about the $$$, played on your SB team and then went to another team, and another team. He got a SB here, so he should shut his mouth and be grateful, he was 1 of 53 guys to contribute

I agree, I'm just wondering is it more than the money, and Ed did leave us after the SB win for more money in Houston, then the Jets....But he didn't dis our team, he made a bad choice in doing that but it wasn't Revis money either....
But hey Sonny, I'm just picking thru the dumpster right now, waitin' on some real football...Can't wait !!:yes:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I'm just wondering is it more than the money, and Ed did leave us after the SB win for more money in Houston, then the Jets....But he didn't dis our team, he made a bad choice in doing that but it wasn't Revis money either....
But hey Sonny, I'm just picking thru the dumpster right now, waitin' on some real football...Can't wait !!:yes:

I hear ya OS, but Ed played for your team for 10 years and played out his last season for 2 teams. Revis is on on his 4th team in 8 years and see a few more before he retires. Why would Reed dis your team, he is going to be retired a Raven, HOFer for your team. Revis is on his own Island

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Harold, plus I have gone to a couple of games at Meadowlands and those Jets fans were horrible, even taunting, harrassing and threatening women if they aren't Jets fans. At Gillette, the fans don't bother the other fans, make light heckling but that's it. Also the Pats and Jets have been in the same div since 70 or so, imagine if you had 45 years with SF
Yeah going to a 49er home game as a Seahawks fan was a risk. Maybe now that they moved to a more yuppie area , perhaps not so much, we shall see.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya OS, but Ed played for your team for 10 years and played out his last season for 2 teams. Revis is on on his 4th team in 8 years and see a few more before he retires. Why would Reed dis your team, he is going to be retired a Raven, HOFer for your team. Revis is on his own Island

I know that's right !! Ed (Grady) Reed was a fav of mine....Big play, big personality !! Funny guy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that's right !! Ed (Grady) Reed was a fav of mine....Big play, big personality !! Funny guy.

I enjoyed watching the guy play , even at the U. What a talent he was and Deion's fav player. I know him and Belichick like each other and would have loved him on the Pats

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems feeling run deep with Pats and Jets. Kind of strange that the Pats feel this strong about a inept team like the Jets.
Not really - we hate each other.
To switch teams, players must talk crap just to show allegiance to their new but inept team
Players going to the Patriots usually keep it positive, it is part of the program.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really - we hate each other.
To switch teams, players must talk crap just to show allegiance to their new but inept team
Players going to the Patriots usually keep it positive, it is part of the program.....
Come on Southiennc, the feelings of hate are not just about Revis. These roots run deep, maybe not for you, but for the teams, yeah I'd say they do.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Southiennc, the feelings of hate are not just about Revis. These roots run deep, maybe not for you, but for the teams, yeah I'd say they do.
I don't hate Revis. He is quite the professional. One of the best at his position and getting well paid even after starting to lose a bit of his skills.
He helped us win a Superbowl and,
He is helping us by breaking the bank at the meadowlands.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Revis. He is quite the professional. One of the best at his position and getting well paid even after starting to lose a bit of his skills.
He helped us win a Superbowl and,
He is helping us by breaking the bank at the meadowlands.....
The thing is....Pats really don't need the help. So why do you care?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blind hatred - and the knowledge that Jets contacts are league officials that are behind the deflategate bullshit.
The Jets are behind deflate gate? I had no idea, in fact this is the first time I've heard that accusation.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is not. I started a thread called "the New York Gang" remember?
Mmmm guess you did. Didn't give that much credibility. Obviously a majority of owners want Goodell to come down hard or Kraft wouldn't of cave in to the penalty to the Pats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm guess you did. Didn't give that much credibility. Obviously a majority of owners want Goodell to come down hard or Kraft wouldn't of cave in to the penalty to the Pats.
Fighting the Pats penalty would be fruitless.
The courts don't want to hear cases of an owner suing himself (as co-owner of the NFL)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting the Pats penalty would be fruitless.
The courts don't want to hear cases of an owner suing himself (as co-owner of the NFL)
Wow your not buying that Brady is guilty? Even Rocko thinks he is and he loves the Pats and Brady.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow your not buying that Brady is guilty? Even Rocko thinks he is and he loves the Pats and Brady.
I feel like a recording.....
I do not know if Brady is guilty of anything.
I do know there is a difference between "innocent" and "not guilty as charged"