• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Return for Richards???

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look i have been you who gave it to richards this year in the leadership and play catagories but...the return on his trade was poor...i expected more...with his leadership and versatility...poor return in my opinion...some one please sway me...

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sorry about the begining of the thread just pissed and wanted to get it out...but you get the idea...lol...

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look i have been you who gave it to richards this year in the leadership and play catagories but...the return on his trade was poor...i expected more...with his leadership and versatility...poor return in my opinion...some one please sway me...

Well Schenn could prove to be a great player, the word is he is supposed to be very good, who knows when he blossoms, it's a great risk, Richie looked uninterested here last year and his leadership as a pro has been lacking. That help?

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
appreciate your thoughts Fly...but Schenn is a farm team player right now...simmonds play was up and down...third line player...second rounder...ok...looks like a salary dump...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

not me!

Maniaa, the new South Street bridge.. is it lined with jumpers?

Did Pronger REALLY undermine ol Leadership to the point that the "Next Bobby Clark" had to be shipped out ? ? ?

Just total dismay from across the state.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schenn is arguable the TOP prospect in all of hockey. Yea it may be a year or two before he can dominate, but give it time. He will be a stud.

Simmonds will contribute right away and is someone we will love in Philly.

I am sad to see richie go, but it was apparent his heart just wasn't there last year and he is paying the price now. Something was going on in that locker room. I think we got the best return possible for him and that contract.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im sure DBE...lol...hey this looks like a salary dump...i think richards under achieved this season...but really a bad return...that said...he played poorly and really wasnt the leader this season...pronger...giroux played with more passion...but still not happy with the trade...lucky we robbed the blue jackets or i would be worried...

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not sure what you expected for Richards and his contract. We got possibly the best prospect in hockey. A former top 5 pick and then Simmonds. He had an OK season last year but was surprisingly very good two seasons ago. Look for him to excel in the Philly system and fan support.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Schenn is arguable the TOP prospect in all of hockey. Yea it may be a year or two before he can dominate, but give it time. He will be a stud.

Simmonds will contribute right away and is someone we will love in Philly
Prospects are time...thats fine he is going to be a player...we need to make the run NOW...but appreciate your thoughts...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Too techno-tarded over here to insert a youtube...

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Kinda blows my mind as well. My only thought is he got under the wrong people's skin in the organization. Maybe it was lavy or maybe it wasn't, but if Richie's play at the end of the year was do to some emotional gripe rather than an injury, we could have expected a lot more of the same next year.

On top of that, keep in mind that he wasn't a top line player on this team. We got a handful of forwards who were all producing better than he was, including two guys (JVR and Giroux) who will only get better. If you figure Richards was going to be bouncing between the second and third line, with a long-term deal at a cap hit of over 5 million, they were better off getting Simmonds (who may end up playing the same role) and a great prospect.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mania Schenn is the best prospect not playing in the NHL right now, saying that though he is a prospect. I wish they just traded Carter and kept Richy though, I have both there fucking jerseys to, they were signed for a decade each, who would of thought they would have been moved. Fuck what a waste of jerseys.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i hear you my brother...Kid sounds great...and your usually right on...Still have to pick up a big boy stick...and show you can play in the BIG POND...cant wait for Camp...dam the Flyers dont play...lol

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously...has anyone ever seen a team that will totally spin there team around like this and end up smelling like roses...Amazing...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mania Schenn is the best prospect not playing in the NHL right now, saying that though he is a prospect. I wish they just traded Carter and kept Richy though, I have both there fucking jerseys to, they were signed for a decade each, who would of thought they would have been moved. Fuck what a waste of jerseys.

Exactly. Why in the fuck would you ship Richie after you know you can make the trade with the Blue Jackets to get Voracek, the 8th overall pick, a third rounder AND shed a bunch of salary? I think that move alone would've made space to sign Bryz.

I guess the bottom line is that now we will no longer be playing centers at wing. It was an issue having to put Carter or Giroux on the wing when they are both worthy of the top line center spot and so is Briere.

Now both Briere and Giroux will each get big minutes at center and have talented wingers to play with.