• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Return for Richards???

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for tomorrow. Trades are just exciting in general.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont even MENTION this site on those other boards. I dont want those clowns over here! Anyone I think isnt a total d-bag on my Fox site I sent a PM to tell them about here haha

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont even MENTION this site on those other boards. I dont want those clowns over here! Anyone I think isnt a total d-bag on my Fox site I sent a PM to tell them about here haha

Recruiting is welcome, as long as they arent assholes...or from Pittsburgh :)

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:boink:I hear you boys signed Jagr...did you guys touch base with gordie howe 1st...lol

No, sir. Jagr cannot sign anywhere before July 1st per some obscure bargaining agreement rule....

..and HEY.. yea he's old but at least we didnt trade Sid to make Jaromir the new captain... *cough Pronger cough*:crazy:

heh heh.. thanks for the excitement today, folks. I'm out.

Be well.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, sir. Jagr cannot sign anywhere before July 1st per some obscure bargaining agreement rule....

..and HEY.. yea he's old but at least we didnt trade Sid to make Jaromir the new captain... *cough Pronger cough*:crazy:

heh heh.. thanks for the excitement today, folks. I'm out.

Be well.

I think Sid might...just MIGHT be a bigger part of the Pens than Richards is to the Flyers. I mean we we just lost our best two players, but that doesnt mean it is an excuse for losing to the Lightning first round.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the trade you guys did for Carter with Columbus. You needed cap space and Carter, although highly talented, was injury prone, overpaid and over-termed for a guy who decides where and when he wants to play. Getting a talented guy in Voracek and the #8 for the cap space you needed was an amazing score.

That said, the Richards trade was very curious to me. As a guy who has read a lot about the Kings/Schenn, he projects out to be a Mike Richards type player IF he hits his peak. Wayne Simmonds seems to be stuck between a #2/#3 type winger with some toughness and a 2nd rounder in a weak draft seems pretty rough.....there's GOTTA be something more to this trade as I'm sure you Flyer's fans know more than I. He must have some internal locker room issues otherwise, this trade just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: In my humble opinion of course as you guys know the situation much more so than I. Good luck with the trades though. Even though I'm pissed you gave the Kings a (now, probably) motivated Richards ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards and the media dont have the best relationship, and you seem to know just as much about the locker room as I do. It was probably some thing behind the scenes, but something tells me that it could have been Ed Snider on his high horse just wanting to make sure Bryz got signed.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carts trade was fantastic they accomplished everything and more.

Richie's was a surprise but if you look at the long term they could win huge. Schenn probably plays next year hopefully he has an immediate impact if not they won't win a cup....but down the road this team will be very good. In any case I have mixed emotions and a few fucked up jersey's...haha!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Imagine how many Carter and Richie jerseys there are that are now pointless...lol Go with Giroux all the way!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what jersey to get now obviously no one's untouchable in todays NHL....crazy shit.

I wonder if the Flyers thought both players were damaged goods and factored into todays moves? After all they both looked gimpy of late.....especially Carts in the playoffs. Ah well its over time to move on!

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if the Flyers thought both players were damaged goods and factored into todays moves? After all they both looked gimpy of late.....especially Carts in the playoffs. Ah well its over time to move on!

Columbus doesn't participate in the playoffs, so it's a perfect fit for them.

:D

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Sid might...just MIGHT be a bigger part of the Pens than Richards is to the Flyers. I mean we we just lost our best two players, but that doesnt mean it is an excuse for losing to the Lightning first round.

Carter was never our best player ever!!! He scored alot in regular season then did NOTHING IN THE PLAYOFFS! Overrated!