• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Results of the SportsHoopla QB Rankings Poll Series

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Peyton Manning
3. Tom Brady
4. Drew Brees
5. Russell Wilson
6. Andrew Luck
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Matt Ryan
9. Philip Rivers
10. Matt Stafford
11. Cam Newton
12. Nick Foles
13. Tony Romo
14. Joe Flacco
15. Jay Cutler
16. Eli Manning
17/18. Alex Smith/Colin Kaepernick*
19. RGIII
20. Ryan Tannehill
21. Matt Schaub/Derek Carr
22. Andy Dalton
23. Sam Bradford
24. Carson Palmer
25. Josh McCown
26. Chad Henne/Blake Bortles
27. Jake Locker/Zach Mettenberger
28. EJ Manuel
29. Johnny Manziel/Brian Hoyer
30. Michael Vick/Geno Smith
31. Ryan Fitzpatrick/Logan Thomas
32. Christian Ponder/Matt Cassel/Teddy Bridgewater

* Disagree, but this is how the poll ended and a subsequent weighing of the votes went (4 Pts for 1st, 3 Pts for 2nd, etc,)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Big Ben at this stage is too high, Kaepernick too low, and Russell Wilson a bit too high (but am not pushing him much lower for now).

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the work that went into doing this MHS.:suds:

While I didn't participate in the polling, I think after the first 4 or 5 QB's (in any order), it doesn't really matter that much as a significant edge. Rankings are always pretty subjective and highly debatable. Which is all cool.

As long as your team's QB is in the top half of the league, I don't think it matters that much, as long as you can surround him with talent and have a decent Defense and STs.

:wtf2: Wilson at 5? Whatevs. Even if you're a Hawk Homer, that result seems highly suspect.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Big Ben at this stage is too high, Kaepernick too low, and Russell Wilson a bit too high (but am not pushing him much lower for now).

Strike 1... Strike 2... Meh, I can agree on Wilson.

Ben statistically had his 2nd best year of his career... And he's in the prime of his career. If you think he is going to show signs of deterioration, not likely. Luck didn't have as good of a year as Ben in 2013, nor did Wilson. I would only put Luck in the same boat as Ben, definitely not Wilson. Putting Ben any lower would be a joke.

If we want to talk acheivements then Ben would only escalate his position on this list. But looking forward, the list only has one problem and that is Wilson @5.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strike 1... Strike 2... Meh, I can agree on Wilson.

Ben statistically had his 2nd best year of his career... And he's in the prime of his career. If you think he is going to show signs of deterioration, not likely. Luck didn't have as good of a year as Ben in 2013, nor did Wilson. I would only put Luck in the same boat as Ben, definitely not Wilson. Putting Ben any lower would be a joke.

If we want to talk acheivements then Ben would only escalate his position on this list. But looking forward, the list only has one problem and that is Wilson @5.

I guess I was swayed by the number of Steeler fans on this board, so I was under the impression that he was higher than most think. Older and injury factors, you know - though for the purposes of these polls, injuries were impliedly removed.