• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Wilt...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are asking if he was better than Wilt, the stats don't support it and no I don't think so. Was he a better teammate then Wilt? A more unselfish player? By all accounts.

Like I posted earlier. B.R. isn't the goat. But he was good in the era he played. The best? No. But good? absolutely.

No denying it. Bill Russell was a good player in 1961. 53 yrs ago.

GOAT?

Stop. Please. Just stop. :L

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you know what? If the Heat really want to play that game? The Bad Boys would bury them. Either way they want to play... the Bad Boyz'd rock their world. I wanna see Lebron drive the lane with Mahorn, Laimbeer and a 7' 2" James Donaldson down there waiting on him.

OK. I would love that. My guess is he would flop at about the charity stripe...:lol:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread full of bitter Laker fans trying to belittle the greatest... Russell LEAD his team to 11 rings thats it. End of story. Don't bring me that Horry strawman.

"Bitter" about what??? The 1969 Championship which the Lakers deserved to win? What are we bitter about?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and you calling me old (at 40) shows your limited perspective, But somehow you still claim to be an expert on 1961 basketball. :L

You Russell fans love trying to lay it off on me but you don't answer my questions.

Thurl Bailey > Bill Russell

well hell, if we're still going THAT route...

Connie Hawkins>Bill Russell. and yeah, i'm old enough to have seen them play. apparently Bot has issues with older folks...

just a number, my friend...:lol:

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer lets just agree to disagree and move on .

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Larry could scrap though. He wasn't scared...

Did you see Magic and Bird together on Letterman? :laugh:

I loved when Bird was talking about Magic.

"I just remember every time we went to the Forum before the game I'd see Magic over there doing interviews and grinning for the camera with those big white teeth of his. All I wanted to do was take a few of them teeth home with me on a necklace at the end of the game."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer lets just agree to disagree and move on .

You and I both know there's no "moving on." :D

Listen man, I grew up an obsessed Showtime fan with a Dad who was a rabid Celtics fan. We literally didn't speak from about the end of April til about July. I shit you not. Basketball was everything in our house. I've been having this Russell argument as long as I could walk.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well hell, if we're still going THAT route...

Connie Hawkins>Bill Russell. and yeah, i'm old enough to have seen them play. apparently Bot has issues with older folks...

just a number, my friend...:lol:

Yeah, I have to admit...

I'm 40 going on 79. Been rode hard and hung up wet. :bawling:

:D

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with THOSE cats he would've kissed the floor either way. back then no flagrant to keep them from decking his ass...

Do you remember when flopping really first started? Can't remember what player is was but someone flopped not once, but twice on Bill Cowens in the same game.

Big mistake.

Second time as the guy's getting off the floor, Cowens decked him with a punch to the mouth and you could see him saying "Now THAT is a foul" as he walked to the showers. :D

True story. Might be able to find it on YouTube.

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer same here dad was a true laker fan so when I learnd to love the game you know the rest lol.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was that same Letterman segment when Magic said he was recently stopped somewhere by an ancient old man who told him that he used to think he "hated" Magic and the Lakers during the 80's but now he realizes that it was total respect and now he truly hates basketball.

It's not getting better, fellas.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you remember when flopping really first started? Can't remember what player is was but someone flopped not once, but twice on Bill Cowens in the same game.

Big mistake.

Second time as the guy's getting off the floor, Cowens decked him with a punch to the mouth and you could see him saying "Now THAT is a foul" as he walked to the showers. :D

True story. Might be able to find it on YouTube.

here ya go...

dave cowens now that's a foul - YouTube

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hammer same here dad was a true laker fan so when I learnd to love the game you know the rest lol.

hilarious. so i'm NOT the only one. my son's a Raiders and Suns fan. following the Lakers and the Chiefs all my life pretty made games a war zone in my parts...:lol:

love my son, though. and a proud grandad to boot...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I remember in 1979 I had never watched basketball before and my Dad called me in and said watch these guys you might like it. Saw these guys as tall as trees in amazing purple/gold uniforms and fell head-over-heels in love with the game that night. I used to get into fights at school. If someone said something about the Lakers, it was almost like those guys were my friends and I had to do something about it.

Just don't feel the same anymore. Everything changed with free agency.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see Magic and Bird together on Letterman? :laugh:

I loved when Bird was talking about Magic.

"I just remember every time we went to the Forum before the game I'd see Magic over there doing interviews and grinning for the camera with those big white teeth of his. All I wanted to do was take a few of them teeth home with me on a necklace at the end of the game."

Didn't see that. Funny stuff...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with THOSE cats he would've kissed the floor either way. back then no flagrant to keep them from decking his ass...

My guess is LBJ would flop once, get the call and the Pistons would be like, "Next time he goes down, he will have earned the F.T." LBJ would get blasted for the rest of the game...