• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when Wilt...

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"List players in order of most rings. Those are the best players ever." - simpleton Russell sycophants

"I don't like Bill Russell because he was a Celtic and waa waa waa so I will never have a rational thought about him ever again." Old man syndrome Laker nut huggers

Also MJ is GOAT arguments always start with his 6 rings so...I guess as long as the argument is used to say MJ is GOAT then it is valid, otherwise it is not.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tom "Satch" Sanders has 8 rings. Must be considered among greatest ever." - Russell apologists

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't like Bill Russell because he was a Celtic and waa waa waa so I will never have a rational thought about him ever again." Old man syndrome Laker nut huggers

I don't dislike Bill Russell. He was a solid, dependable teammate for greats like Cousy and Havlicek. Except for they played Wilt and then he was a panic-stricken liability. All-in-all? Good for the time but wouldn't make today's D-League. He'd be good in Greece though as an undersized, rebounding small forward with zero offensive skills and a tendency toward gloryhounding.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Horry>MJ>Kobe

He is GOAT because he was the most dominant player on the most dominant team for the longest period of time. He also dominated college.

Kareem is runner up.

TOTAL FAIL

He didn't dominate his team (was 3-4th best) and was dominated his entire career by Wilt. From beginning to end and everywhere in between. So using your retarded logic, Wilt is the GOAT with MJ running a distant second.

Trying to get you Russell sycophants to be reasonable is a lost cause.

"Robert Horry>MJ>Kobe"

Just fucking wow.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russell was carried by his team, please explain why they didn't win anything til he arrived in Boston.

celticsintheoc

bleed green
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bill Russell 11 rings Boston Celtics 17 championships greatest player and greatest team end of argument...no matter what hammer or the laker nutt huggers say.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bill Russell 11 rings Boston Celtics 17 championships greatest player and greatest team end of argument...no matter what hammer or the laker nutt huggers say.

They wouldn't win one game if they played the '14 Milwaukee Bucks a hundred fucking times. Cousy and Havlicek (and maybe Sam Jones and Tommy Heinson) could play in today's NBA. Russell? He has nothing of value to offer. No size, no offense and no selflessness. He'd be an angry little small forward with zero offensive skills who's a cancer in the locker room and can't rebound that well. Picture The Worm if he couldn't rebound and you have Bill Russell in today's NBA.

And you know it.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt vs Russell in my OP and I saw both play a lot...

Wilt was the more dominating center, no doubt...

Russell and his TEAMS...also dominating

Good discussion as to who, what and where had the BEST tho...I love reading this thread, takes me back to when the NBA was the GREATEST in my OP.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horry?...:laugh3:

We're talking to Russell weirdo's here, Wallace. There's truly nothing like them in all of sports. :L They're mentally ill. Bottom line.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilt vs Russell in my OP and I saw both play a lot...

Wilt was the more dominating center, no doubt...

Russell and his TEAMS...also dominating

Good discussion as to who, what and where had the BEST tho...I love reading this thread, takes me back to when the NBA was the GREATEST in my OP.

IMO, that time sucked in the NBA. The only one who liked it was Red A. It didn't even get good til J and Artis Gilmore came over from the ABA, Kareem went to the Lakers and Big Red and co. put their shit together in Portland. That set the stage for Magic and Bird; the true Golden Era of basketball (dominated by Magic and Showtime, of course).

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell wouldn't even be playing in today's D-League let alone the NBA. Smeltics fans are so delirious to believe Russell was the GOAT, when he wasn't even the 1st or 2nd, 3rt etc best player on his team. What a complete fucken joke (Laughable). :pound:

"Russell has 11 rings, that means he was better than Wilt, Mj, Kareem, Magic,Bird by a mile "- Celtics fans logic
:L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOTAL FAIL

He didn't dominate his team (was 3-4th best) and was dominated his entire career by Wilt. From beginning to end and everywhere in between. So using your retarded logic, Wilt is the GOAT with MJ running a distant second.

Trying to get you Russell sycophants to be reasonable is a lost cause.

"Robert Horry>MJ>Kobe"

Just fucking wow.

You are going off a quote that Bill Himself said. That is called being humble and a leader, lifting your teammates.

If Bill truly was so inferior to his teammates how come he won 5 MVPs and in his day those were voted on by the players?

They wouldn't win one game if they played the '14 Milwaukee Bucks a hundred fucking times. Cousy and Havlicek (and maybe Sam Jones and Tommy Heinson) could play in today's NBA. Russell? He has nothing of value to offer. No size, no offense and no selflessness. He'd be an angry little small forward with zero offensive skills who's a cancer in the locker room and can't rebound that well. Picture The Worm if he couldn't rebound and you have Bill Russell in today's NBA.

And you know it.

I don't dislike Bill Russell. He was a solid, dependable teammate for greats like Cousy and Havlicek. Except for they played Wilt and then he was a panic-stricken liability. All-in-all? Good for the time but wouldn't make today's D-League. He'd be good in Greece though as an undersized, rebounding small forward with zero offensive skills and a tendency toward gloryhounding.

OK, everyone can construct their GOAT list however they want. If you want to heavily weight physical talent and say that sports science is the advantage of the modern era while credentials have less meaning then your list can not rationally start with anybody who is not currently playing, save a few centers.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you know it.

Um, B.R. had more career rebounds than D.R. Thought you should know...

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking to Russell weirdo's here, Wallace. There's truly nothing like them in all of sports. :L They're mentally ill. Bottom line.

lolz...

HELL...for that matter Jabbar was more dominating at the center position than Russell ever was...I put Jabbar right there with Wilt...I would probably take Jabbar over Wilt due to his long arms and that devastating hook shot that NOBODY historically could ever challenge, that and Jabbar altered anything coming his way more so than Wilt did.

Tough call between Wilt and Jabbar...

In my OP..

Jabbar>Wilt>Russell

But those Celtic TEAMS were great, no doubt. They just played great TEAM D and spread the ball around so much on O they were tough to beat even by teams that had Wilt and Jabbar.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, B.R. had more career rebounds than D.R. Thought you should know...

Yeah, and he played when George Mikan was a giant. The Worm was walking around in the trees still rebounding with the best.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, that time sucked in the NBA. The only one who liked it was Red A. It didn't even get good til J and Artis Gilmore came over from the ABA, Kareem went to the Lakers and Big Red and co. put their shit together in Portland. That set the stage for Magic and Bird; the true Golden Era of basketball (dominated by Magic and Showtime, of course).

Your right Hammer, the merger of the ABA to the NBA helped with parity, lead the NBA to a much better place..George Gervin was one hellva a player I don't see mentioned enough historically...he was unstoppable during his prime.
:suds: