• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when everyone was ripping the bears draft?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky looks like he's worth the trade up to be sure.
Shaheen hasn't done much, but he is a TE and TE is hard to adapt. I think he will be solid next year.
Eddie Jackson - Huge day today. Started the year as starting FS and has looked very solid next to Amos. He looked like a big part of this defense if he can stay healthy.
Cohen - a legit weapon that has been a big part of the running offense. Looks a lot like Darren spriles.

Other than the trade, each of thise picks were bashed and everyone was giving the bears shitty grades for the draft. Without really looking at other teams drafts, I think I would put my money on that being a top 5 haul from this draft so far. If Shaheen pans out and Trubisky continues a logical growth for his skill set, watch out. This could be the draft that makes the bears a perennial contender and everyone has been wrong about it.
You picked the wrong week to create this thread.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be wrong, but don't most franchise QBs make the players around them look better?
And he has, even with those poor stats... He's made anyone with a smidgen of talent look better, like say Cohen, you know, the #1 Wr on the team who's a part time, fill in for a series RB. Problem is, we have a bunch of bag boys, who should be working at the local Piggly Wiggly as Wide Receivers. You can't make that look good, it will look bad even if you make it look acceptable. Plus, lets not forget, Trubisky is a QB with what 15 total career starts (hard to imagine) but that's combined HS, college and Pro starts. Fox is conservative on in the Best of Times, he's and the entire staff is being incredibly conservative with Trubisky now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to see a hell of a lot more out of Trubisky to make him worth two thirds and a fourth to move up one spot, let alone the #2 pick overall. The rest of the picks I never considered as being questionable.

That lost 3rd rounder could've been a RB like Kamara or Hunt, a WR like Taylor, Cupp, Golladay etc, or OL help like Elflein, Feeney, Garcia, etc. That lost 4th rounder was offset by giving up a 6th rounder to move up a little and get Jackson, but could've been additional depth as well (how many 4ths did they have, lol?). Plus they are short a 3rd rounder next year.

Was Trubisky really a guy they had to give up 3 picks for to move up one spot? Was anyone else even looking at him at #2 (or moving up to #2 to get him)?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he has, even with those poor stats... He's made anyone with a smidgen of talent look better, like say Cohen, you know, the #1 Wr on the team who's a part time, fill in for a series RB. Problem is, we have a bunch of bag boys, who should be working at the local Piggly Wiggly as Wide Receivers. You can't make that look good, it will look bad even if you make it look acceptable. Plus, lets not forget, Trubisky is a QB with what 15 total career starts (hard to imagine) but that's combined HS, college and Pro starts. Fox is conservative on in the Best of Times, he's and the entire staff is being incredibly conservative with Trubisky now.
Wrong Cohen was sig better with glen on at qb

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He depends on Kendall Wright, zach Miller, Dion Sims, Deonte Thompson, and Josh Bellamy to catch (or more accurately, drop) passes.
I don’t care....... there’s bad receivers around the league. Other qbs have the same situation. U can’t tout him In your original Post then back track with excuses

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care....... there’s bad receivers around the league. Other qbs have the same situation. U can’t tout him In your original Post then back track with excuses
First of all, I didn't backtrack from anything, but I can back track if i damn well please. In fact, back tracking would imply that I reflected on my views, realized I was wrong and changed my ideas. The world needs more back tracking, even though I did none in this thread

Secondly, I never quoted any stats, so there's nothing to back down from. I'm going off the eye test. And much like this board rejected dak Prescott and Russell Wilson, they will reject Trubisky until he proves you wrong. I'll enjoy him proving you haters, who hate because you don't understand, wrong.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I didn't backtrack from anything, but I can back track if i damn well please. In fact, back tracking would imply that I reflected on my views, realized I was wrong and changed my ideas. The world needs more back tracking, even though I did none in this thread

Secondly, I never quoted any stats, so there's nothing to back down from. I'm going off the eye test. And much like this board rejected dak Prescott and Russell Wilson, they will reject Trubisky until he proves you wrong. I'll enjoy him proving you haters, who hate because you don't understand, wrong.
I accepted cal and Russell , most did. But yeah his 48% and sub 20 qbr look great

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accepted cal and Russell , most did. But yeah his 48% and sub 20 qbr look great
Did you see him play? I cant remember if he started against the steelers or if we beat you with the shittiest starter of the year at QB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky looks like he's worth the trade up to be sure.
Shaheen hasn't done much, but he is a TE and TE is hard to adapt. I think he will be solid next year.
Eddie Jackson - Huge day today. Started the year as starting FS and has looked very solid next to Amos. He looked like a big part of this defense if he can stay healthy.
Cohen - a legit weapon that has been a big part of the running offense. Looks a lot like Darren spriles.

Other than the trade, each of thise picks were bashed and everyone was giving the bears shitty grades for the draft. Without really looking at other teams drafts, I think I would put my money on that being a top 5 haul from this draft so far. If Shaheen pans out and Trubisky continues a logical growth for his skill set, watch out. This could be the draft that makes the bears a perennial contender and everyone has been wrong about it.

I think we all questioned the trade and I still do to some degree...the other picks you mentioned. Widely bashed? you'd have to be close to the Bears I think to even know these other picks. I just learned Eddie Jackson was in CHI yesterday after his great performance. The key like any team that makes a big trade like that and gives up top picks, you must hit in the later rounds.

Bears are looking pretty good in the home games I've seen this year...DEF especially.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have kept those picks and drafted Watson to play QB.