• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when everyone was ripping the bears draft?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade up was god awful when you have capable QBs as a backup plan. I’m 100% bias but never understood the Trubisky hype coming out of college over a guy who racked up over 500 yards vs a loaded Bama defense two years in a row but we concern about Watson’s “ceiling”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's very true.

That's why I laugh at some people who act like "they always knew" with Watson. ESPECIALLY with Mahomes. That guy was mocked as a 2nd round pick in a lot of cases. I remember mocks have the Bears taking him with the #3 pick in the 2nd round.

It was also hyped as a "bad QB class". So, I mean... look... I hate Mitch. However, the hindsight football geniuses are a bit much.
I immediately thought the Trubisky pick was horrendous, BUT I have to admit I thought the Mahomes pick was horrible too. So, I'm good with dropping the whole thing:D

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I immediately thought the Trubisky pick was horrendous, BUT I have to admit I thought the Mahomes pick was horrible too. So, I'm good with dropping the whole thing:D

Yeah, I wasn't happy with the Trubisky pick but I quickly came around because... what choice did I have?

I remember pointing out that no one was freaking about the Mahomes trade-up nearly as much. Despite the fact that KC ALSO gave up the ensuing season's pick. For a guy that was mocked by many going in the early 2nd.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade up was god awful when you have capable QBs as a backup plan. I’m 100% bias but never understood the Trubisky hype coming out of college over a guy who racked up over 500 yards vs a loaded Bama defense two years in a row but we concern about Watson’s “ceiling”

People were concerned about Watson's penchant for turning the ball over and problems with his accuracy stemming from some mechanical glitches. It was never his "ceiling" which was the issue. People always loved his athleticism and raw talent. Clearly, he was mocked by many in the top ten and went just outside of that. It's not like he went in the 2nd round.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A myriad of pundits didn't as well.

plus yearly we see media hype being different than reality. Dk metcalf for
Example. So because some mockers had him high means nothing. Mockers toyed with tyree Jackson as a day one or two pick for a while last year as well.

You're missing the point. No one is fighting for the credibility of mock drafts.

People are simply pointing out that Mitch was held by the majority of analysts/experts to be the #1 QB in the draft. Not to mention, that there were other teams looking to trade up for Mitch. Therefore, creating your own revisionist history where "LOL! The Bears were the only ones who thought that dip shit would be good!" is nonsense.

It's a pretty simple and straightforward concept.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep telling yourself that. You do know there are talks about trading up with most picks especially early in the first, doesn't mean you should over pay to jump up one spot.

A) I don't have to tell myself that. Most NFL insiders do that for me.

You do know there are talks about trading up with most picks especially early in the first, doesn't mean you should over pay to jump up one spot

B) So, there's talks about somebody moving up in front of you to get the QB that your organization unanimously wants to build your future around. Your entire draft is all about securing this guy. And... you don't think about trading up? Lol. How does that make sense, at all?

doesn't mean you should over pay to jump up one spot

C) Not only didn't the Bears overpay for that move up. They won the trade in terms of draft chart points. This is using the draft chart which was invented by Belichick ages ago. Which the entire league unanimously uses with only slight team modifications over time.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the point. No one is fighting for the credibility of mock drafts.

People are simply pointing out that Mitch was held by the majority of analysts/experts to be the #1 QB in the draft. Not to mention, that there were other teams looking to trade up for Mitch. Therefore, creating your own revisionist history where "LOL! The Bears were the only ones who thought that dip shit would be good!" is nonsense.

It's a pretty simple and straightforward concept.
Other teams trading up is sheer rumor.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) I don't have to tell myself that. Most NFL insiders do that for me.

You do know there are talks about trading up with most picks especially early in the first, doesn't mean you should over pay to jump up one spot

B) So, there's talks about somebody moving up in front of you to get the QB that your organization unanimously wants to build your future around. Your entire draft is all about securing this guy. And... you don't think about trading up? Lol. How does that make sense, at all?

doesn't mean you should over pay to jump up one spot

C) Not only didn't the Bears overpay for that move up. They won the trade in terms of draft chart points. This is using the draft chart which was invented by Belichick ages ago. Which the entire league unanimously uses with only slight team modifications over time.
Trubisky. That's all the response you need to everything you just said.