• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when everyone was ripping the bears draft?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went from 4 straight losing seasons to 2 straight .500+ seasons, including a division title. I'd say that draft worked out well for them. Besides, Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson are stars in the making.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went from 4 straight losing seasons to 2 straight .500+ seasons, including a division title. I'd say that draft worked out well for them. Besides, Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson are stars in the making.

Ya, Mitch is a winner...:think: Why take Mahomes ot Watson?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Mitch is a winner...:think: Why take Mahomes ot Watson?

Yeah, Mahomes or Watson would be better picks, obviously, but they are still a better team now than before the draft. So, it's a win. 4 straight double-digit loss seasons, then 12-4 and a division title. Quite the turnaround in 1 year. Can't judge their draft only on their reach for Mitchy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mahomes or Watson would be better picks, obviously, but they are still a better team now than before the draft. So, it's a win. 4 straight double-digit loss seasons, then 12-4 and a division title. Quite the turnaround in 1 year. Can't judge their draft only on their reach for Mitchy.
Your wrong, The improvement was made in good part by the trade with the Raiders which turned around the defense. Name me a really big impact player the Bears took in the draft. I haven't even looked, but I'm guessing nobody all that big.

The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick.

A trade like the one above defines your draft, unless you hit big later in the draft, and by big I mean really big. All that to move up one spot and then you pass on the correct choices? Think it's the biggest mistake ever in the NFL draft.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your wrong, The improvement was made in good part by the trade with the Raiders which turned around the defense. Name me a really big impact player the Bears took in the draft. I haven't even looked, but I'm guessing nobody all that big.

The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick.

A trade like the one above defines your draft, unless you hit big later in the draft, and by big I mean really big. All that to move up one spot and then you pass on the correct choices? Think it's the biggest mistake ever in the NFL draft.

Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson. Two pro bowlers and future stars in this league. Yeah, Khalil Mack helped out a ton, that's not debatable, but Khalil Mack doesn't take the offense from being 28th in the league in 2016 to 9th last year.

Combined wins in the 4 years prior to the 2017 NFL draft - 19 wins
Combined wins in the 2 years after the 2017 NFL draft - 20 wins

They went from a perennial losing team to a playoff appearance and a division title, their first of both since 2010. So arguably, it was a win. Could've been a much better win had they taken Mahomes or Watson at #2, for sure. Khalil Mack alone doesn't make that turnaround by himself.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize the bears drastically cut cohens useage last year, right? Also
Clearly it was the draft that turned them around.:rolleyes2:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize the bears drastically cut cohens useage last year, right?

Yeah, but that doesn't change his talent and what he can bring to a team in practically all aspects of the offense and special teams. He's a RB, WR, Returner and can be a flea-flicker/wildcat QB too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen and Eddie Jackson. Two pro bowlers and future stars in this league. Yeah, Khalil Mack helped out a ton, that's not debatable, but Khalil Mack doesn't take the offense from being 28th in the league in 2016 to 9th last year.

Combined wins in the 4 years prior to the 2017 NFL draft - 19 wins
Combined wins in the 2 years after the 2017 NFL draft - 20 wins

They went from a perennial losing team to a playoff appearance and a division title, their first of both since 2010. So arguably, it was a win. Could've been a much better win had they taken Mahomes or Watson at #2, for sure. Khalil Mack alone doesn't make that turnaround by himself.

Get real man the bears were 30th in offense Trubisky first year. Plenty of offensive players added since then to bump them up . Like say Allen Robinson for example, but their offense still sucks. Credit that to Trubisky and Nagy. That draft was a bust, plain and simple.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get real man the bears were 30th in offense Trubisky first year. Plenty of offensive players added since then to bump them up . Like say Allen Robinson for example, but their offense still sucks. Credit that to Trubisky and Nagy. That draft was a bust, plain and simple.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. Thanks for the debate!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't Minny trade a bunch of draft picks for Hershel Walker which turned out to be 3 HoFers for Dallas?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?? :L

just let the Bearsss fans enjoy the peace in the off season. This is like stabbing someone with the corona virus that just lost their entire 401k

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that doesn't change his talent and what he can bring to a team in practically all aspects of the offense and special teams. He's a RB, WR, Returner and can be a flea-flicker/wildcat QB too.
if your not being used, your not as talented as you think. ....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eddie Jackson IS a star.

However, that draft could have been Pat Mahomes, Alvin Kamara, George Kittle and Eddie Jackson in order.

Trubisky, Shaheen, Cohen and Eddie Jackson is a MONUMENTAL failure.

The one hit on Jackson does not make up for one of the worst whiffs on the QB position in NFL history. Much less does it ALSO make-up for taking (the horrid) Adam Shaheen over generational TE George Kittle. Not to mention, taking Tarik Cohen (scat-back/punt returner) in lieu of the generational RB Alvin Kamara.

I actually like Ryan Pace, the Bears GM. He's made some really smart decisions. He gets it. He's a sound football mind.

He took over a team in total disarray after 2014. An old team in cap hell, absent of young talent. It took him only three years to have them contending and atop the North in 2018. He built a superstar D, a solid collection of skill position talent and up until they collapsed (seemingly out of nowhere) as a unit this year. He had a really good looking O-line together too.

But... so often it's that one move that defines you. I mean, if they draft Mahomes or Watson. The possibilities of where this team could be right now is endless. In 2018, imagine Mahomes having that breakout 50 TD/5K yard campaign coupled with how the Bears D was playing.

Just because the Bears have become competitive over the last two seasons. It's not enough to forgive Pace for what he passed up on. The Bears aren't currently a SB contender because of one position - QB. Pace smiled and waived at the opportunity to grab a future HOF'er as it passed him by. Instead, he took a totally lame duck. It would be one thing if Trubisky was "good". But he's brutal.

Pace built a really good team at virtually every other spot on the field. That's why he still has his job. However, it's the spot he got wrong that's most important. It could very well be the end of him if the Bears don't get back to the post-season in 2020. Rightfully so.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one thing people miss is that the D was already really, really good in 2017. Then, they got hit with a barrage of injuries around November which brought them from flirting with the top 5 down towards the middle of the pack.

Mack simply pushed them over the top.

To be fair - they hit on an all-pro/stud safety in Eddie Jackson in the 4th round of that same draft.

However, it does not make up for taking Trubisky/Shaheen/Cohen instead of Mahomes/Kamara/Kittle in the 3 rounds prior. That offensive trio was there for the taking to go with Eddie Jackson in round 4.

The Bears have gone 20-12 over the last two seasons IN SPITE of their QB. TRANSLATION: IN SPITE of that draft.