• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remember when everyone was ripping the bears draft?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky looks like he's worth the trade up to be sure.
Shaheen hasn't done much, but he is a TE and TE is hard to adapt. I think he will be solid next year.
Eddie Jackson - Huge day today. Started the year as starting FS and has looked very solid next to Amos. He looked like a big part of this defense if he can stay healthy.
Cohen - a legit weapon that has been a big part of the running offense. Looks a lot like Darren spriles.

Other than the trade, each of thise picks were bashed and everyone was giving the bears shitty grades for the draft. Without really looking at other teams drafts, I think I would put my money on that being a top 5 haul from this draft so far. If Shaheen pans out and Trubisky continues a logical growth for his skill set, watch out. This could be the draft that makes the bears a perennial contender and everyone has been wrong about it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they ripped the Trubisky trade/draft choice, and he practically had nothing to do with the win today. Can't say anything about the rest of the draft except that Cohen looks like a great little option.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they ripped the Trubisky trade/draft choice, and he practically had nothing to do with the win today. Can't say anything about the rest of the draft except that Cohen looks like a great little option.

4 of 5 picks were division 2 schools, so ya, they were murdered in the media post-draft.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 first downs that game.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha...thanks for the laugh....your D won that game and Trubisky isn't what you guys are building him up to be...it's ok if you want to kid yourselves...go ahead

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck next week. You're going to need it.

Who is 6-0 since 2006 in week 8 home games?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Bears draft from Day 1.

Wouldn't worry too much about it I were a Bears fan.

Let the battle for the basement begin!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha...thanks for the laugh....your D won that game and Trubisky isn't what you guys are building him up to be...it's ok if you want to kid yourselves...go ahead

Dumb.

The Bears have arguably the worst WR corps. in football right now.

Trubisky will be fine. He is a very accurate QB that is also a great athlete. You should worry about your own team.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully Canton has room for them all

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns never draft a real franchise QB. Trubisky looks like a franchise QB. If any team deserves to stay in the basement it is the browns.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb.

The Bears have arguably the worst WR corps. in football right now.

Trubisky will be fine. He is a very accurate QB that is also a great athlete. You should worry about your own team.
I am, trust me, I am. However, the season is young and if the OP is worried about how a draft is perceived by the outside then he's looking for a silver lining...and the only one is winning.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has only completed 50% of his passes. Was only four of seven today. Has never put up 150 yards in a game yet. He's done little to lose a game thus far, but has also done very little to win. Yea, he's only had three starts, but don't be surprised if no one outside of Chicago is ready to accept the guy as a franchise QB yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky has only completed 50% of his passes. Was only four of seven today. Has never put up 150 yards in a game yet. He's done little to lose a game thus far, but has also done very little to win. Yea, he's only had three starts, but don't be surprised if no one outside of Chicago is ready to accept the guy as a franchise QB yet.
Your team would be a playoff contender if you had him.

But you'd don't.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has nothing around him and has two straight wins against good teams, and gave em a chance for the third against the Vikes in his first start.

His stats do not need to be great if the D and running game are stout, which they appear to be. They are not asking him to do much, which I think is a good plan considering what he has at receiver. The D is playing well, and Howard and Cohen are as good a tandem as there is in the league IMO.

His third and 11 conversion in OT last week in Baltimore won the game, and it was all him.

The kid is bawls accurate. Give him at least a semblance of a receiving corps, and I think he is going to be special. He is a winner.

And like you said, he is not losing the games, like Glennon was.

Just because he is not putting up obscene stats, does not mean that he is not doing well. As a Bears fan, I like what I see. I think he will be good, particularly if they can get a couple playmakers on the outside.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to tell. Bears barely had the ball today, Trubiscuit only threw 7 times. They did a great job of not getting in the way while the Panthers were tripping all over themselves.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has nothing around him and has two straight wins against good teams, and gave em a chance for the third against the Vikes in his first start.

His stats do not need to be great if the D and running game are stout, which they appear to be. They are not asking him to do much, which I think is a good plan considering what he has at receiver. The D is playing well, and Howard and Cohen are as good a tandem as there is in the league IMO.

His third and 11 conversion in OT last week in Baltimore won the game, and it was all him.

The kid is bawls accurate. Give him at least a semblance of a receiving corps, and I think he is going to be special. He is a winner.

Just because he is not putting up obscene stats, does not mean that he is not doing well. As a Bears fan, I like what I see. I think he will be good, particularly if they can get a couple playmakers on the outside.
I like his feet the most.

You can't really teach what he's capable of.

He could be a lot like Rodgers. Only without the sodomy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky looks like he's worth the trade up to be sure.
Shaheen hasn't done much, but he is a TE and TE is hard to adapt. I think he will be solid next year.
Eddie Jackson - Huge day today. Started the year as starting FS and has looked very solid next to Amos. He looked like a big part of this defense if he can stay healthy.
Cohen - a legit weapon that has been a big part of the running offense. Looks a lot like Darren spriles.

Other than the trade, each of thise picks were bashed and everyone was giving the bears shitty grades for the draft. Without really looking at other teams drafts, I think I would put my money on that being a top 5 haul from this draft so far. If Shaheen pans out and Trubisky continues a logical growth for his skill set, watch out. This could be the draft that makes the bears a perennial contender and everyone has been wrong about it.
trubisky isnt really allowed to pass yet so lets not use that as an example

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his feet the most.

You can't really teach what he's capable of.

He could be a lot like Rodgers. Only without the sodomy.
pfft. Rodgers. I like Quarterbacks that don't break their collarbone

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, as of right now, was it worth it to give up what the Bears gave up to get him? Or are there other QBs available that could complete 4 of 7 passes for 107 yards with no TDs?

I get it. You like is upside. Great. He hasn't looked bad, and maybe he will develop into something elite, but, in my opinion, it's way too early to start calling out people who criticized the pick, because they still gave up a lot more than just one pick to get him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of 7 a little over 100 yards and NO TDs.

Kind of dumb to tout that trade on today's game.