• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Remaining Season Thread (I Tapped Out on Threads)

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll send Jerry out to put the spin on another failed season. Taking question, that might not happen.
I guess we'll see.

i see them simply putting out a perfunctory press release.

doing a live conference and just making a statement without taking questions just sets them up for more negativity from fans and opens them to more incendiary headlines than a press release.

not a fucking thing they can say that's going to make any legit fan happy. so put out a statement, wait until after the WS to say anything again, and when they do, just fill it with as much Dan and Edgar as possible.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll see.

i see them simply putting out a perfunctory press release.

doing a live conference and just making a statement without taking questions just sets them up for more negativity from fans and opens them to more incendiary headlines than a press release.

not a fucking thing they can say that's going to make any legit fan happy. so put out a statement, wait until after the WS to say anything again, and when they do, just fill it with as much Dan and Edgar as possible.
You're 100% correct there's nothing they can say will make the fans happy but a blanket statement on social media I believe would piss off the fans more by hiding behind a key board then facing a live audience. If Jerry takes any questions it'll be hand picked reporters that'll lob softball questions.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've actually been pleasantly surprised by sports directors of some local stations and publications absolutely lambasting ownership and dipoto. amazing what it takes to get them there.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the thing.

what adam jude said is undeniably true.

but does ownership really consider the pitching "wasted"?

stanton and co ranked FOURTH in revenue after salary this year behind the yanks, red sox, and cubs. $396 Mill in Revenue minus $160 Mill in salary.

the average team has $150 million in overhead after salary. So that's $86 million in profit that the stanton/root group made.

do you think they consider anything on the team "wasted" when it's that profitable for them?

i think they're VERY happy with how the year went.

not sure how anybody can delude themselves into thinking they care about winning. if they don't care, then they're certainly not going to hire a GM who does. this team is nowhere, and it's not changing. period.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the thing.

what adam jude said is undeniably true.

but does ownership really consider the pitching "wasted"?

stanton and co ranked FOURTH in revenue after salary this year behind the yanks, red sox, and cubs. $396 Mill in Revenue minus $160 Mill in salary.

the average team has $150 million in overhead after salary. So that's $86 million in profit that the stanton/root group made.

do you think they consider anything on the team "wasted" when it's that profitable for them?

i think they're VERY happy with how the year went.

not sure how anybody can delude themselves into thinking they care about winning. if they don't care, then they're certainly not going to hire a GM who does. this team is nowhere, and it's not changing. period.
Nope. It is, and always will be, about two polarizing opposite viewpoints. The fans who want to win and the owner who wants to be richer.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It is, and always will be, about two polarizing opposite viewpoints. The fans who want to win and the owner who wants to be richer.
it's tough because we're so desperate to see success as fans so we just keep hanging on, and ownership has mastered how to capitalize on it. the nothingness just feeds itself.

to get into ownership's mindset, look no further than garver. DFA'ing him halfway through this season (which would still be too long to hold onto him imo) would essentially be the same to owners as losing $6 million of that $86 million in profit for this year, and another $12 million in whatever profit they make next year. that is the beginning and end of how they look at it.

houston's profit this year after all salary/overhead was $33 million. they relesaed abreu 3 months into the season (owed $20 million this year and another $20 million next year). a MUCH bigger impact on their bottom line, but they made the decision because it made their team better. period. and look where it got them.

i'll shut up now because it's actually sickening.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing about this season is it literally proves the old saying of numbers lie. We all watched this team, this team is going to finish with an above average offense for MLB. I know certain don’t care about batting average and k’s but I really can’t take modern stats seriously if their conclusion is this was a good offense

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that we had the day off upon getting eliminated is kinda fitting...

Taken out of the running by doing absolutely nothing.

Yes, we are Team Luigi.

TMobileLuigisFactory.png

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've actually been pleasantly surprised by sports directors of some local stations and publications absolutely lambasting ownership and dipoto. amazing what it takes to get them there.
It's a good start and needs to continue but should have been doing that during the end of the off-season of the lack of moves made.