• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Remaining Season Thread (I Tapped Out on Threads)

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. That has been my argument all year. Money helps, but Rays do it on less all the time. They aren't the only ones.
They have the better scouts and coaches to develop the young players.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arozerena K’d 28% of the time with TB… he’s at 34% with the Ms

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros have been hot no doubt, but if Mariners played the same as the A's (Yes the A's) since June 18th when we had a 10 game lead on the Astros we would be 2 games up on the Astros right now. Think about that and if $140M payroll is what is really hurting us. It's JERRY!!!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arozerena K’d 28% of the time with TB… he’s at 34% with the Ms
He really doesn't seem to care. I still say he wants traded in the offseason and he is making his case for it. Loser. I never thought he would be like that.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really doesn't seem to care. I still say he wants traded in the offseason and he is making his case for it. Loser. I never thought he would be like that.
Agree. That’s the sense I get from him as well

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense finally comes alive for a whole bunch of runs this evening.

About a half a dozen of those wasted runs tonight could’ve won three or four recent baseball games. Had they managed to plate a runner or two in crucial situations the past week or so.

My money is on them losing tomorrow 2-1 and stranding about a dozen runners.

IMG_0671.jpeg

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About a half a dozen of those wasted runs tonight could’ve won three or four recent baseball games. Had they managed to plate a runner or two in crucial situations the past week or so.

View attachment 373051
I missed..it.but..it.shows..that
.the mariners..are not.as
bad..
as..we all. think..they..are

and then....the other
.teams .know.there..weakness.es..
it's..a tell.( like.in poker
.when you..have.a.215.
hitting catcher..hitting.3rd.)
then..
we.already..know..
that there high leverage.guys.
are out...even..though.troy taylor..is doing well

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
equals...what.

mariners..can't score.enough runs..
without..
a 3rd..and 4th hitter.s..normly..

they can't stop ..any one else from scoring..with there.high leverage.

guys out..

that somes it up..to.me..

the rest of the team..is beauty..pitching
for.the most.part..
and outfield.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitchers are funny .animals.

we see..j diez..come...get..2 so..in high leverage..
so..maybe..he will..be.ok there..
who..
knows..but it's questions..that need.
anwers..
bazardo..comes out good as well..

( billy cristal.....?????..

armstrong....I knew..you could..).

what a wonderful..world....

yeah.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 373051
They'll probably go on a run and get our hopes up while falling 1 game short of the WC/Division lead...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what competent GM would want to come to seattle?

i have no doubt that the only fix for this organization is a strong GM with a plan, but the more important part is an ownership group willing to admit to the fact that the only way to fix their decades-long legacy of institutional incompetence is to literally BOW DOWN to that GM with a plan.

the only way i'd trust any new GM not to be a lackey to ownership that only cares about revenue (which does NOT require winning) is if they came in with a bunch of demands, not requests, about how payroll for the team will work, how much support they'll get if eating a big contract will make the team better, and about 100 other things. and i'd want to know that the potential GM had those demands.

stanton and co will not hire such a person. so we'll get hollander promoted from within or maybe stanton's kid Timmy in a bigger role behind the curtain or something super fun like that. why would they change when they can turn record profit without any fucks given about winning? nintendo figured it out after milking success in the late 90 for another 10 years, and stanton and his goons have perfected it.

it took a whole week for people to figure out that servais wasn't even 1% of the problem, and there are still idiots who will substitute that reality with their own. maybe it'll take a whole year to figure out the same about any GM who tries to make institutional incompetence 50 years in the making "work".. but even the biggest honk fans will wake up someday i hope. i guess i'll see next year around this time if jerry does get fired. i've got my teams for the rest of this year and next year. it's been a renaissance for me as a baseball fan to watch good teams for the past couple months.

out of here for at least the rest of this season.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The warm fuzzies from the "mystique" of Dan and Edgar has just about worn off. Even faster than i originally though, lol.

Catch 22 situation for our dipshit owners. Guarantee they don't necessarily want to get rid of Jerry since revenue is fine and dandy PLUS they'd rather Jerry be the punching bag rather than themselves. But the shrieking chorus of fans who really think a new gm will solve anything more than a new skipper and hitting coach did are about to hit full temper tantrum mode. Will be fascinating to see what our clown owners choose to do.
I mean no gm can save us from the owners, that said there are definitely gm's out there that do far better than Dipoto while having less to work with.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's close to rock bottom
They're fortunate to have the pitching staff they do because with this offense, it's easily a 100 loss club. The White sox hit better than them in term of average and strikes out 200 times lesser. .217 team BA is disgustingly bad... Mendoza line shit.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're fortunate to have the pitching staff they do because with this offense, it's easily a 100 loss club. The White sox hit better than them in term of average and strikes out 200 times lesser. .217 team BA is disgustingly bad... Mendoza line shit.
True enough, but how about this: if we had last year's bullpen efficiency and success, would this be a playoff team?