• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Remaining Schedule and Subsequent Draft Position

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but in what round? I would say 4th at earliest, if that.

We still have to assume it'll be Foster and Warner from here on, but yes another 'athletic' MLB would be nice. They way it stands now, Pass Rusher, CB, and WR are all higher priorities. Not that we HAVE to draft these 3 first, but they'll get the call if value is close.

I think it could be earlier than that which you later found out why. I'm not sure which position to draft first between CB, WR, and MLB. I would say try to add a free agent that can start at one of those positions.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the last real opportunity to win a game, and instead SF gets owned by the Bucs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the last real opportunity to win a game, and instead SF gets owned by the Bucs.

Denver is the only other shot they have. I'm not holding my breath. this team will be picking in the top two maybe three.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it could be earlier than that which you later found out why. I'm not sure which position to draft first between CB, WR, and MLB. I would say try to add a free agent that can start at one of those positions.

they will add free agents for CB and MLB for sure. Not saying THE top free agents, but they'll add free agents.

But this won't stop them from drafting these same positions in the draft. Pass rusher will obviously be first, but then afterward it depends who's left? I'd even think a SAM is just a crucial as MLB, if not more? The SAM doesn't provide the bulk of the pressure, but he does add to it. Brooks used to have 6 sacks or so a season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosa is really the guy, then you have to take him No .1 . Next is CB.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It all depends on how they trade the other pass rushers if Bosa and the next two or three guys are all about the same on the 49ers draft board I'm on board with moving down some to get more picks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will add free agents for CB and MLB for sure. Not saying THE top free agents, but they'll add free agents.

But this won't stop them from drafting these same positions in the draft. Pass rusher will obviously be first, but then afterward it depends who's left? I'd even think a SAM is just a crucial as MLB, if not more? The SAM doesn't provide the bulk of the pressure, but he does add to it. Brooks used to have 6 sacks or so a season.

The quality of the free agent they add with probably reflect on how early they draft those positions. One trade I've thought of is with the the Jags I've heard about them potentially trading Ramsey. I would be ok with moving back with them if they put Ramsey in that deal. It wouldn't be extra picks but it would give them the CB they need and still have a 1st round pick to take a pass rusher.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is the only other shot they have. I'm not holding my breath. this team will be picking in the top two maybe three.
That defense will eat Mullens alive.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The quality of the free agent they add with probably reflect on how early they draft those positions. One trade I've thought of is with the the Jags I've heard about them potentially trading Ramsey. I would be ok with moving back with them if they put Ramsey in that deal. It wouldn't be extra picks but it would give them the CB they need and still have a 1st round pick to take a pass rusher.
As good as he is at times, I want nothing to do with him. Physically though the combination of Sherman and Ramsey at the Corner positions is very attractive

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That is fine if he's the one they single out.

But they also look at run stopping cause the LEO at this high a draft spot, is a 3 down player. We can't expect this player to be GOOD in run defense too, but he can't be really bad.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fine if he's the one they single out.

But they also look at run stopping cause the LEO at this high a draft spot, is a 3 down player. We can't expect this player to be GOOD in run defense too, but he can't be really bad.

If they can get a dominant pass rusher that can record double digit sacks each year, that alone is really good

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they can get a dominant pass rusher that can record double digit sacks each year, that alone is really good

Yes no doubt. i was trying to say they might go with say Clellan Ferrill (?) if his pass rushing isn't too far off AND, his run stopping is better?

Not trying to say run stopping is a big factor, it is small compared to pass rushing. But who we finally select MAY be influenced by his run D? If it turns out Bosa's run D is just as good as the others, then case closed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes no doubt. i was trying to say they might go with say Clellan Ferrill (?) if his pass rushing isn't too far off AND, his run stopping is better?

Not trying to say run stopping is a big factor, it is small compared to pass rushing. But who we finally select MAY be influenced by his run D? If it turns out Bosa's run D is just as good as the others, then case closed.
The edge rusher from Dallas looked really good last night. I hear he will be available.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The edge rusher from Dallas looked really good last night. I hear he will be available.

Earlier i read Dallas has a tough cap situation so MAYBE Demarcus Lawrence gets free? IF he fits our scheme, then why not? We will sign a free agent prior to the draft, if not a top one like Lawrence, at least someone like Attaochu.

Last night Dallas showed what pressure can do. It wasn't all by one person, but he opens it up for the rest.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier i read Dallas has a tough cap situation so MAYBE Demarcus Lawrence gets free? IF he fits our scheme, then why not? We will sign a free agent prior to the draft, if not a top one like Lawrence, at least someone like Attaochu.

Last night Dallas showed what pressure can do. It wasn't all by one person, but he opens it up for the rest.
Especially pressure from the middle

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DtizjxyUcAEch13

Kentucky Football

✔@UKFootball

Your 2018 @NagurskiTrophy winner, @JoshAllen41_! #GetUp

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers mailbag: Draft Ohio State’s Nick Bosa? Or trade back for multiple picks?

This guy's opinion is Bosa can play 3 downs and if so, fine with me to just draft him. We all want more picks but if the right guy is there, don't outsmart yourself.

IMO the only situation we'd trade down is if there are more prospects CLOSE to Bosa's talent. IF so, we should only trade down 1 or 2 spots. We HAVE to ensure a TOP pass rusher.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers mailbag: Draft Ohio State’s Nick Bosa? Or trade back for multiple picks?

This guy's opinion is Bosa can play 3 downs and if so, fine with me to just draft him. We all want more picks but if the right guy is there, don't outsmart yourself.

IMO the only situation we'd trade down is if there are more prospects CLOSE to Bosa's talent. IF so, we should only trade down 1 or 2 spots. We HAVE to ensure a TOP pass rusher.

If Bosa really is seen as an elite edge rusher and overall player, you have to take him. Quality edge rushers are hard to find. They are expensive in FA and hard to come by as teams will extend them or franchise those players. The 49ers are projected to have approx $100 million in cap space with the carryover so they have room to add a couple of the other defensive needs in FA also. Even the 2nd round pick is just like a late 1st rounder