• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reintroducing your Los Angeles Rams

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, now you're rubbing it in! ...50 degrees huh?...Must be nice! :suds:... It is 20 degrees here right now @ high noon @ lunchtime with a 17mph wind. Can you say CHILLY!... Last night the snow was blowing sideways!

You'll have to ask Shopson how the weather :rain:is up in the Rochester NY area! He is way farther north than I am. I'll bet he has his long johns on!

I can almost smell that steak form here! :ranger: I was just getting ready to eat my ham and cheese sandwich here at work and you show me this! :L Gee thanks! Anyways after this new stadium is built(2019) I would love to fly out and watch my beloved team play! Especially in that beautiful stadium! Its definitely on the bucket list!
Maybe just a little.... :dhd:

Seriously, it's been a bit cold considering the average annual highs in LA are like 74F.

Anyway, that is some tri-tip steak and it comes from my home town of Santa Maria, a central coast town about an hour or so North of Santa Barbara. We pair it with Santa Maria beans (Pinquito beans), which too are unique in taste, flavor and only grown commercially in the Santa Maria area.

Great pairings for tailgaiting Zeke!

Santa Maria-style barbecue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe just a little.... :dhd:

Seriously, it's been a bit cold considering the average annual highs in LA are like 74F.

Anyway, that is some tri-tip steak and it comes from my home town of Santa Maria, a central coast town about an hour or so North of Santa Barbara. We pair it with Santa Maria beans (Pinquito beans), which too are unique in taste, flavor and only grown commercially in the Santa Maria area.

Great pairings for tailgaiting Zeke!

Santa Maria-style barbecue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nice! .....I've actually never heard of this but it looks awesome! I'm definitely a meat and potato guy! Tri tip seasoned with black pepper, salt, and garlic salt over wood smoke! Sounds good! I just google mapped Santa Maria. Shows that you are north of LA along the coast.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! .....I've actually never heard of this but it looks awesome! I'm definitely a meat and potato guy! Tri tip seasoned with black pepper, salt, and garlic salt over wood smoke! Sounds good! I just google mapped Santa Maria. Shows that you are north of LA along the coast.
Awesome area, but that is my birthplace aka my home town. Pops moved down to LA in the late 60's and I've lived here ever since, plenty of family there though, so I grew up with many strong connections and many trips to the coastal town I still consider my home town.

I've lived the last 27 years in the Inland Empire about an hour East of downtown LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow... no snow? We have 3-5" depending on elevation. More coming.
Its usually the other way around!

Seems as if all the lake effect so far has been from Lake Erie instead of Ontario, so Buffalo gets the brunt of it.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome area, but that is my birthplace aka my home town. Pops moved down to LA in the late 60's and I've lived here ever since, plenty of family there though, so I grew up with many strong connections and many trips to the coastal town I still consider my home town.

I've lived the last 27 years in the Inland Empire about an hour East of downtown LA.

How far are you from LA? or from Inglewood?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far are you from LA? or from Inglewood?
Like I mentioned, about an hour East. Same amount of time it takes me to get to the Bruins Football games at the Rose Bowl, the Dodgers games and or the Lakers/Kings games in the Staples center, give or take.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is in their feelings about Saint Louis losing the Rams.....but they poached the team from LA. As they say, if a man leaves his wife for you, he'll cheat on you too.

And let's not front.....choosing between Los Angeles and Saint Louis is NOT a tough decision.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been off site a few days for surgery but woke up in ICU to the Rams coming home. Sorry to all our St Louis friends, it happened again, 1st the Cardinals now the Rams. I am in Arizona but a trip to see the Rams where I first saw them in the early 60s is really cool. State of the art stadium better bring a state of the art team or people will go to the beach, movies, malls, lunch, Disneyland.......get my point. GO LOS ANGELES RAMS:nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you are still moving Blue. The Rams are finally home!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks retro, it is a journey right now but the Rams coming home makes me feel young again thinking about my childhood. With Vita in the Inland Empire, I work for SB County and know the area, we need a trip to see the Rams next season. What a time it would be.:nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I was thinking the same, Blue. I am 3-4 hours away in Phoenix as you know. We should work on this.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is in their feelings about Saint Louis losing the Rams.....but they poached the team from LA. As they say, if a man leaves his wife for you, he'll cheat on you too.

And let's not front.....choosing between Los Angeles and Saint Louis is NOT a tough decision.

So two wrongs make a right then?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams: 7 building blocks for 2016

Change will be the operative word in 2016 for the Rams, who will relocate the franchise from St. Louis to Los Angeles. While the Rams have gone nine consecutive seasons without a winning record, there is reason for optimism for that to change.

122215-NFL-pro-bowl-surprises-LN-8.vadapt.476.high.44.jpg
Rams rookie running back Todd Gurley finished third in the league in rushing despite missing three games.

Brace Hemmelgarn / USA TODAY Sports
By Tom TorrisiJan 13, 2016 at 4:00p ET

Change will be the operative word in 2016 for the Rams, who will relocate the franchise from St. Louis to Los Angeles. While the Rams have gone nine consecutive seasons without a winning record, there is reason for optimism for that to change. The team is stocked with top young talent who will attempt to end that streak in 2006. Here are seven of them.

1. Todd Gurley

Gurley lived up to his enormous hype during a fabulous rookie season, finishing third in the league in rushing with 1,106 yards and scoring 10 touchdowns despite missing three full games. Gurley played half of his first season less than a year removed from major knee surgery, so he should be even better in 2016. That's a scary thought for opponents after Gurley became the first running back in history to rush for at least 125 yards in each of his first four career starts. Gurley also managed to put up big numbers despite facing opponents geared to stop him due to the team's lack of weapons on offense. St. Louis had the league's worst passing attack at 175.3 yards per game and also ranked last in total yards (297.6).

2. Aaron Donald

What Gurley is to the offense, defensive tackle Donald is to the other side of the ball. Like Gurley, Donald was a first-round draft pick (No. 13 in 2014) and has exceeded expectations in his first two seasons. Donald already is being touted as perhaps the league's best interior lineman and earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in 2015. Possessing a combination of strength along with an explosive first step, Donald's 69 tackles ranked first and his 11 sacks tied for No. 1 at his position as he easily surpassed his impressive rookie totals of 48 tackles and nine sacks.

501806868.vadapt.476.high.1.jpg
Wide receiver Tavon Austin scored a career-high 10 touchdowns for the Rams in 2015.

Michael B. Thomas / Getty Images

3. Tavon Austin

The Rams finally started to figure out how to best utilize the talents of Austin, yet another first-round pick who was drafted No. 8 overall in 2013. Although his 52 receptions were a dozen more more than his total from his rookie season, Austin's best success came when he was in motion and playing off Gurley in the backfield. At 5-foot-8, 176 pounds, Austin is hardly a prototype wide receiver, although he scored half of his career-best 10 touchdowns in the passing game. He averaged 8.3 yards a carry and scored four TDs on 52 rushing attempts and is always a dangerous threat in the return game.

4. Robert Quinn

The Rams were expected to have one of the best front fours in the game, but the production of their pass rush diminished following injuries to Quinn and fellow defensive end Chris Long. A back injury limited Quinn to eight games, ending his string of three consecutive seasons with double-digit sacks, including an NFC-leading 19 in 2013. Quinn recorded four of his five sacks through the first five weeks of the season before his injury woes cropped up and he was finally placed on injured reserve. Quinn could miss the beginning of the team's offseason conditioning program after undergoing back surgery.

083115-NFL-rams-Alec-Ogletree-pi-ssm.vadapt.476.high.84.jpg
Linebacker Alec Ogletree was leading the Rams in tackles when he broke his leg in Week 4.

Michael Thomas / Getty Images

5. Alec Ogletree

Ogletree was another huge loss for St. Louis' defense after suffering a broken leg in Week 4, forcing the team to move safety Mark Barron into the third-year linebacker's starting slot. As with the case with Quinn, the Rams' run defense regressed following the injury to Ogletree, who led the team in tackles in each of his first two seasons. The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Ogletree, a first-round pick along with Austin in 2013, appeared on his way to a career year. He had a team-leading 42 tackles at the time of his injury, including 16 in Week 2 at Washington.

6. Rob Havenstein

Havenstein was among four offensive linemen drafted by the Rams in 2015 and started all 13 games in which he was healthy. A second-round pick out of Wisconsin, the 6-foot-7, 321-pound Havenstein was the only offensive tackle to not allow a sack in 2015, according to Pro Football Focus. Health was never an issue in college for Havenstein, who played in a school-record 54 games for Wisconsin.

7. Jamon Brown

Brown was selected one round behind Havenstein and was the Week 1 starter alongside him at right guard until sustaining a season-ending leg fracture in Week 10, a game in which Havenstein also was hurt. Coach Jeff Fisher told reporters after the injury that Brown was "off to a great rookie year." The 6-foot-4, 323-pounder will be counted on to team with Havenstein on the right side to open holes for Gurley.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis Rams: 7 building blocks for 2016

Change will be the operative word in 2016 for the Rams, who will relocate the franchise from St. Louis to Los Angeles. While the Rams have gone nine consecutive seasons without a winning record, there is reason for optimism for that to change.

View attachment 76853
Rams rookie running back Todd Gurley finished third in the league in rushing despite missing three games.

Brace Hemmelgarn / USA TODAY Sports
By Tom TorrisiJan 13, 2016 at 4:00p ET

Change will be the operative word in 2016 for the Rams, who will relocate the franchise from St. Louis to Los Angeles. While the Rams have gone nine consecutive seasons without a winning record, there is reason for optimism for that to change. The team is stocked with top young talent who will attempt to end that streak in 2006. Here are seven of them.

1. Todd Gurley

Gurley lived up to his enormous hype during a fabulous rookie season, finishing third in the league in rushing with 1,106 yards and scoring 10 touchdowns despite missing three full games. Gurley played half of his first season less than a year removed from major knee surgery, so he should be even better in 2016. That's a scary thought for opponents after Gurley became the first running back in history to rush for at least 125 yards in each of his first four career starts. Gurley also managed to put up big numbers despite facing opponents geared to stop him due to the team's lack of weapons on offense. St. Louis had the league's worst passing attack at 175.3 yards per game and also ranked last in total yards (297.6).

2. Aaron Donald

What Gurley is to the offense, defensive tackle Donald is to the other side of the ball. Like Gurley, Donald was a first-round draft pick (No. 13 in 2014) and has exceeded expectations in his first two seasons. Donald already is being touted as perhaps the league's best interior lineman and earned Pro Bowl and All-Pro honors in 2015. Possessing a combination of strength along with an explosive first step, Donald's 69 tackles ranked first and his 11 sacks tied for No. 1 at his position as he easily surpassed his impressive rookie totals of 48 tackles and nine sacks.

View attachment 76854
Wide receiver Tavon Austin scored a career-high 10 touchdowns for the Rams in 2015.

Michael B. Thomas / Getty Images

3. Tavon Austin

The Rams finally started to figure out how to best utilize the talents of Austin, yet another first-round pick who was drafted No. 8 overall in 2013. Although his 52 receptions were a dozen more more than his total from his rookie season, Austin's best success came when he was in motion and playing off Gurley in the backfield. At 5-foot-8, 176 pounds, Austin is hardly a prototype wide receiver, although he scored half of his career-best 10 touchdowns in the passing game. He averaged 8.3 yards a carry and scored four TDs on 52 rushing attempts and is always a dangerous threat in the return game.

4. Robert Quinn

The Rams were expected to have one of the best front fours in the game, but the production of their pass rush diminished following injuries to Quinn and fellow defensive end Chris Long. A back injury limited Quinn to eight games, ending his string of three consecutive seasons with double-digit sacks, including an NFC-leading 19 in 2013. Quinn recorded four of his five sacks through the first five weeks of the season before his injury woes cropped up and he was finally placed on injured reserve. Quinn could miss the beginning of the team's offseason conditioning program after undergoing back surgery.

View attachment 76855
Linebacker Alec Ogletree was leading the Rams in tackles when he broke his leg in Week 4.

Michael Thomas / Getty Images

5. Alec Ogletree

Ogletree was another huge loss for St. Louis' defense after suffering a broken leg in Week 4, forcing the team to move safety Mark Barron into the third-year linebacker's starting slot. As with the case with Quinn, the Rams' run defense regressed following the injury to Ogletree, who led the team in tackles in each of his first two seasons. The 6-foot-2, 245-pound Ogletree, a first-round pick along with Austin in 2013, appeared on his way to a career year. He had a team-leading 42 tackles at the time of his injury, including 16 in Week 2 at Washington.

6. Rob Havenstein

Havenstein was among four offensive linemen drafted by the Rams in 2015 and started all 13 games in which he was healthy. A second-round pick out of Wisconsin, the 6-foot-7, 321-pound Havenstein was the only offensive tackle to not allow a sack in 2015, according to Pro Football Focus. Health was never an issue in college for Havenstein, who played in a school-record 54 games for Wisconsin.

7. Jamon Brown

Brown was selected one round behind Havenstein and was the Week 1 starter alongside him at right guard until sustaining a season-ending leg fracture in Week 10, a game in which Havenstein also was hurt. Coach Jeff Fisher told reporters after the injury that Brown was "off to a great rookie year." The 6-foot-4, 323-pounder will be counted on to team with Havenstein on the right side to open holes for Gurley.

Good list!! I just hope they have the stones to do the right thing like cutting Long, Cook, JL55. To keep better younger guys coming in and save a ton of Cap room.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list!! I just hope they have the stones to do the right thing like cutting Long, Cook, JL55. To keep better younger guys coming in and save a ton of Cap room.

Don't forget Saffold. I think Wichmann is starting material. He held his own on the right side. I'd like to slide Brown to left guard and keep Wichmann at right guard