• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Carolina Panthers @ Los Angeles Rams, 11/06/16, 4:25 PM EST; CBS

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....The RAMS will be responsible for helping the Titans build a powerhouse! I still believe Jeff Fisher conspired this ahead of time! When he gets fired here, Tennessee will rehire him in return as a reward! :gaah:
And in his first season back in Tennessee with all of the talent, he'll still go 7-9.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the argument that Fisher didn't want to draft Goff.

if that was the case, and he wasn't behind the pick and therefore is taking this stand to not play Goff as a result, then he should've been fired a long time ago.

that's why I don't buy it, cause if that was his stand, they would've canned him already.

no, he was behind the pick. just listen to the press conferences he gave after they made the trade and after they drafted Goff for proof.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy the argument that Fisher didn't want to draft Goff.

if that was the case, and he wasn't behind the pick and therefore is taking this stand to not play Goff as a result, then he should've been fired a long time ago.

that's why I don't buy it, cause if that was his stand, they would've canned him already.

no, he was behind the pick. just listen to the press conferences he gave after they made the trade and after they drafted Goff for proof.

If he didn't want Goff, it would be because he was afraid he wouldn't have the time to develop him before he is fired/replaced...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely coaches offense like he's afraid. Get this guy out of here already.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't want Goff, it would be because he was afraid he wouldn't have the time to develop him before he is fired/replaced...

No you don't develop #1 picks you give up the farm for. maybe he didn't want to give up 6 picks for what was a down year for top QB,s in the draft? Fisher has plenty of money he isn't scared of being fired not to mention he is best buddies with Stan. If Fisher was afraid of being fired why gamble and move up in the draft? Just play it safe and use all those draft picks to be a solid team like he had been doing.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely coaches offense like he's afraid. Get this guy out of here already.

I don't get why they spend big money on coaches on D like on Williams who is a great coach but when Fisher is already a good defensive coach but they won't hire a big true real OC. Wouldn't it make sense to hire a well known proven Offensive guy? Maybe they will do this next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Norv Turner is available since abruptly leaving the Vikings. Turner also lives in LA in the off-season.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't develop #1 picks you give up the farm for. maybe he didn't want to give up 6 picks for what was a down year for top QB,s in the draft? Fisher has plenty of money he isn't scared of being fired not to mention he is best buddies with Stan. If Fisher was afraid of being fired why gamble and move up in the draft? Just play it safe and use all those draft picks to be a solid team like he had been doing.

Excuse me??? you don't have to develop a young QB??? WOW that's a new one!!! You didn't think he would need to be developed first coming from the college he did and never having worked from under center?? I still have that bridge for sale, nice and cheap, just for you...:L

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me??? you don't have to develop a young QB??? WOW that's a new one!!! You didn't think he would need to be developed first coming from the college he did and never having worked from under center?? I still have that bridge for sale, nice and cheap, just for you...:L

My point is you don't give up the farm for a guy who needs so much work. you pick a guy a guy in the 3rd rd or later if you want to spend time to develop. Not the #1 pick. You develope Mannion not a guy you gave up 6 picks for.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is thats why you don't give up the farm for a guy who needs so much work. you pick a guy a guy in the 3rd rd or later if you want to spend time to develop. Not the #1 pick.

Your point is invalid, doesn't apply...Keenum was our starter going into this season, period and nothing was likely going to change that. Our O-line is crap and to put our prized rookie back there to get Bulgerized is insanity...Use your head already!!! why the HELL would you put this kid behind this line right now???

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is invalid, doesn't apply...Keenum was our starter going into this season, period and nothing was likely going to change that. Our O-line is crap and to put our prized rookie back there to get Bulgerized is insanity...Use your head already!!! why the HELL would you put this kid behind this line right now???

Keenum was the starter going into the season worst case scenario. And thats what happened. Goff couldn't get ready. They didn't draft Goff and say this kids going to need a lot of work he might not be ready. It was a shock to them how not ready he was. don't know why this is so hard for you to get. Now we can just hope Goff will end up ok with more time but with Fishers track record with the offense Im not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum was the starter going into the season worst case scenario. And thats what happened. Goff couldn't get ready.

You keep spouting this stuff as if its Fact, it isn't... Keenum was the starter going into this season, PERIOD... The only way Goff was starting would've been if he came in and blew the doors off of everyone...How was that supposed to happen when the guy still had to learn to get comfortable from under center???...The kid JUST turned 22, he's VERY young. The sooner all this sinks into you, the better off we will ALL be on here so we don't have to go through the SAME things day after day after day after day...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep spouting this stuff as if its Fact, it isn't... Keenum was the starter going into this season, PERIOD... The only way Goff was starting would've been if he came in and blew the doors off of everyone...How was that supposed to happen when the guy still had to learn to get comfortable from under center???...The kid JUST turned 22, he's VERY young. The sooner all this sinks into you, the better off we will ALL be on here so we don't have to go through the SAME things day after day after day after day...

When you give up 6 picks he is suppose to blow the doors off. Not get beat out by Brett Favre. Oh wait I mean Case Keenum.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you give up 6 picks he is suppose to blow the doors off. Not get beat out by Brett Favre. Oh wait I mean Case Keenum.

100% wrong...The kid had to re-learn how to play the game of football, do you REALLY not get this???

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% wrong...The kid had to re-learn how to play the game of football, do you REALLY not get this???

You mean like RG3 coming from Baylor? He seemed to do ok. Took his team to the playoffs. and I believe won roy. Also I don't think the Rams playbook is the most complex.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had to relearn football? come on man lol.

Yes, he had to relearn how to play from under center...Its a COMPLETELY different game than playing from the shotgun, that's a FACT...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he had to relearn how to play from under center...Its a COMPLETELY different game than playing from the shotgun, that's a FACT...

He Knew that coming out of college. Im sure he's been working on that for the last 10 months or longer. again if this was going to be a problem you don't move up to get him. Most QB's work out of the shotgun in college now its nothing new.

Oh and if your going to give up so much in the draft to get your franchise QB Wouldn't it make sense to build your offense around his strengths? why are they trying to change him? they should be changing the offense around him but Fisher doesn't have a clue.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cougie. Goff did have to re-learn football because he had not taken a snap from under center since high school. The NFL game requires a QB to read defenses from under center just as easily as from the shotgun or stretch offense and when permitted to make audibles at the LOS. Goff had a deficit in those areas.

If you are bemoaning the fact that we gave 6 picks for a QB that was going to need further seasoning, you are joining nearly everyone on here that disagreed with a such a stupid trade. What Goff does have is a pretty good and accurate arm and his throwing dynamics are exquisite being compared to one Kurt Warner.

The blame for this mess falls at the feet of Snisher and the FO that pressured them to make this deal. This has limp biscuit's fingerprints all over it because it is so stupid and ridiculous. Fisher is just being complicit because he likes that 7 mill a year even though he is in over his head.

Last edited:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you think will happen first? Jarod Goff actually playing in a game or Jeff Fisher getting fired? :pop2: