• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reintroducing your Los Angeles Rams

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: Nevermind, someone gave me bad info.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have been a big football fan, but found myself more excited about the Rams return to Los Angeles than expected. The last few years they were in actually Anaheim in Orange County as I recall they terrible seasons with one where they lost every game in the season. They had a joke back then that a mother and father were going through a bitter divorce, so when the court judge interviewed the little boy privately to determine which parent was best, the little boy explained that he didn't want to live with his father because he got so many harsh beatings. The judge was about to send him home with his mother, but the little boy objected to that because his mother also beat him pretty hard. The little boy then explained that he wanted to live with the Los Angeles or Anaheim Rams because they never beat any one.

Naturally after 20 years they are a better organization, but my condolences to all of the fans in St Louis, Missouri. I have a soft spot for Missouri since my mother was born and raised there and still have some cousins in the state. Good luck to your future endeavors to get a new team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TLF, I have stated from the beginning that Davis isn't going anywhere and the City of Oakland will get him a new stadium. What remains to be witnessed is if Spanos actually moves to LA. The relationship between Spanos and Kroneke is not a good one and the chances are good that the city of San Diego will work something out to get Spanos HIS new stadium.

The only guy who really wanted to move all along was Kroneke and he got what he wanted on Wednesday. The others I believe were just corollary side shows to get Kroneke what he wanted even though it may not have been directly planned that way. Only the future will tell the final story.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep TLF, I have stated from the beginning that Davis isn't going anywhere and the City of Oakland will get him a new stadium. What remains to be witnessed is if Spanos actually moves to LA. The relationship between Spanos and Kroneke is not a good one and the chances are good that the city of San Diego will work something out to get Spanos HIS new stadium.

The only guy who really wanted to move all along was Kroneke and he got what he wanted on Wednesday. The others I believe were just corollary side shows to get Kroneke what he wanted even though it may not have been directly planned that way. Only the future will tell the final story.

If the Chargers pass, the pressure will REALLY be on Oakland to build a new stadium, or I can easily see them in Inglewood. However, the Chargers are expected to make their decision in the next week or so, which leads me to believe they are Inglewood-bound.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson Is 1st to Put Deposit on Los Angeles Rams Tickets
Daniel
Kramer
Jan 18, 2016[/paste:font]
Comments
The Los Angeles Rams received the first deposit on season tickets for their new Inglewood, California, stadium from one of Los Angeles' greatest sports icons.

The team announced on Monday that Magic Johnson became the first fan to put down a deposit for 2016 season tickets at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, with the chance to buy a season package once the Inglewood venue opens in 2019.

Johnson’s payment was merely a deposit, as the Rams aren’t yet allowed to begin selling tickets until they know whether they’ll be sharing the new stadium with another team, according to Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com.

Deposits like Johnson's cost $100 for 2016 season tickets at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Per Wagoner, the team received 5,000 deposits within the first five minutes of sale and another 5,000 through the first hour.

Shortly after the Rams announced their first deposit, Johnson voiced his excitement about the team returning to L.A. after 21 seasons in St. Louis:

In addition to reserving tickets at the Coliseum for 2016, the deposits will also serve as an early in on a chance to buy personal seat licenses at the Inglewood stadium, which won't go on sale until 2017.

PSLs have become the most practiced method of selling season tickets among NFL teams and are merely warrants that reserve the right to buy season tickets, thus creating an extra means of profit. Those are expected to be much more expensive given that the stadium will be the most state-of-the-art in the NFL, if not the entire nation, per Scott M. Reid of the Orange County Register.

That Johnson is among the first—and perhaps more importantly, most vocal—fans to scoop up tickets for next season has to have the Rams excited about their transition back to L.A. Public support wasn't ever in question, but receiving it from such a prominent figure this early is encouraging.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's where he belongs - I just think it's ridiculous to have two teams in any one city. Spread the wealth around to other cities that are qualified and able to support a team with their fan base

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's where he belongs - I just think it's ridiculous to have two teams in any one city. Spread the wealth around to other cities that are qualified and able to support a team with their fan base

:agree:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's kinda the point here though; San Diego and (especially) Oakland are not supporting their teams with new stadiums. What other cities do you see that can support NFL teams (other than Las Vegas, which has been avoided for obvious reasons)?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers expected to announce Inglewood plans this week.

Latest News, Rumors Surrounding Raiders and Chargers to LA

Well, this is awkward. I love the Raiders, I have suffered through over a decade of poor football with them but I am a Los Angeles fan first. I hope they do come to LA but my fandom stays with this city, whoever that may be.

I find it a bit odd that the Chargers would want to come over though, there are more than a few Chargers fans here in LA but I feel like the majority would rather root for the Rams or Raiders. They feel like the odd man out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is awkward. I love the Raiders, I have suffered through over a decade of poor football with them but I am a Los Angeles fan first. I hope they do come to LA but my fandom stays with this city, whoever that may be.

I find it a bit odd that the Chargers would want to come over though, there are more than a few Chargers fans here in LA but I feel like the majority would rather root for the Rams or Raiders. They feel like the odd man out.

They need a new stadium and can't get it done in San Diego. $$$, simple as that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers pass, the pressure will REALLY be on Oakland to build a new stadium, or I can easily see them in Inglewood. However, the Chargers are expected to make their decision in the next week or so, which leads me to believe they are Inglewood-bound.
San Antonio would be a good destination for the Raiders.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda the point here though; San Diego and (especially) Oakland are not supporting their teams with new stadiums. What other cities do you see that can support NFL teams (other than Las Vegas, which has been avoided for obvious reasons)?
San Antonio for sure.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, Mark Davis already has stated that he is not interested in either St Louis or San Antonio, GNG.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities in America. If the Chargers leave I think they will be very sorry they left. The LA Chargers will always play second fiddle in LA. Just ask the Clippers...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Davis chose to go back to Oakland though just as the Chargers chose to leave Los Angeles. One difference though - the Rams owner is doing his stadium on his own - The Raiders and Chargers are wanting their respective cities to foot the bill for there but either way, I still think one team per city is enough

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego is one of the most beautiful cities in America. If the Chargers leave I think they will be very sorry they left. The LA Chargers will always play second fiddle in LA. Just ask the Clippers...
I think the Chargers love the city, but they do need a new stadium. That stadium is in pretty bad shape.