• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing that frustrated fans and commentators are blaming refs, for Chiefs loss. Really bad form.

Sore losers. A 22 point butt whipping is not on the refs. Sorry.
Usually when that happens, there's a legit reason for it. Like the 2005 SB, this game will forever be remembered and mentioned for the horrible job by the refs.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC wasn't winning the game with the way the Buc's defense was playing against that KC OL. KC may have scored a TD here or there instead of a FG, but the end result would have likely been the same.

Having said that - I felt that many of the early penalties on KC's defense were ticky-tacky at best. Especially the "hold" on the WR where the ball was tipped and INT. The issue, to me, isn't that you couldn't call that a hold, but that we saw much more blatant examples of holding within the exact same game (both sides) and it didn't get called. It's the inconsistency that drives me up the wall. If you are going to call every tick-tack penalty, fine. Call it all game long, both sides. If you are going to let them play, then let them play all game long, both sides. But, as a guy who didn't have a dog in the fight in terms of caring much who won, it seemed to me that TB did benefit from more tick-tack calls whereas KC did not get the benefit of those similar calls. I saw several plays in the first few drives where Kelce was blatantly held and wrapped around by the LB without a call.

Again - does it change the outcome in my mind? No, not likely. Maybe just a closer game. Were the refs wildly inconsistent? In my opinion, Yes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... You have no one to blame except the Chiefs for failing on offense.. 9 points.....

The only call I didn't agree with what when the Chiefs were called for PI on Evans... Evans tripped the DB on accident and the ball was uncatchable. That's it

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs sure looked biased tonight for Brady and the Bucs
All Those PI calls on KC made it real easy for the bucs. I dont like either team so really did not care that much who won.. The refs normally let "both" the teams in the superbowl play. In this case those PI calls were atrocious and were the difference in the game.

KC got hosed. The one sided officiating was very similar to how Cowboys games are officiated. I understand the frustration Chiefs fans are dealing with .goodell rules the NFL and got what he wanted last night

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... You have no one to blame except the Chiefs for failing on offense.. 9 points.....

The only call I didn't agree with what when the Chiefs were called for PI on Evans... Evans tripped the DB on accident and the ball was uncatchable. That's it

I thought that one was a good call. That was way to close to deem it uncatchable imo. The PI on I think it was Mathieu in the EZ a bit later was the only one I thought was questionable. It looked as if he had position and the WR tried to go through him to the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that one was a good call. That was way to close to deem it uncatchable imo. The PI on I think it was Mathieu in the EZ a bit later was the only one I thought was questionable. It looked as if he had position and the WR tried to go through him to the ball.

On reply you could see the defender's foot hitting Evans on stride for stride basis and as a result Evan fell so I didn't think it was PI... I figured in the Super Bowl they let a lot more go than they actually did. Oh yeah, I did forgot about the Mathieu call in EZ.. He was super pissed. How he calmed himself down in time to not get an unsportsmanlike penalty (on that play) is beyond me

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this thread and some people have some galaxy brained ideas on what "catchable" and impeding the receiver from making a play looks like.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On reply you could see the defender's foot hitting Evans on stride for stride basis and as a result Evan fell so I didn't think it was PI... I figured in the Super Bowl they let a lot more go than they actually did. Oh yeah, I did forgot about the Mathieu call in EZ.. He was super pissed. How he calmed himself down in time to not get an unsportsmanlike penalty (on that play) is beyond me

Yeah, it looked to me like he had good position and the WR just ran into him cutting towards the middle. I'll have to check out a replay on the Evans play for the contact. Way too close to be considered uncatchable, though.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it looked to me like he had good position and the WR just ran into him cutting towards the middle. I'll have to check out a replay on the Evans play for the contact. Way too close to be considered uncatchable, though.

It looked like it was uncatchable to me but that was due to the camera angle I am sure... I initially say Evan's feet making contact with the defender and it was incidental contact imo

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like it was uncatchable to me but that was due to the camera angle I am sure... I initially say Evan's feet making contact with the defender and it was incidental contact imo

I don't recall the specifics of the contact, but they were arguing the uncatchable point in the booth. I agree with the one who said you have to take into consideration that Evans was stumbling and falling rather than running to that spot as it descended. I think he could have at least gotten a hand on it had he not fallen.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the refs did a good job. Your comment implies they should have just let the Chiefs maul receivers down field and that makes no sense. There was IMO one questionable call with Mike Evans looked like feet got tangled up and the Chiefs player falling to the ground reached out for Evans in an effort to regain balance. IMO Evans felt that and fell to the ground. Smart play on his part, or bad call on the refs I can't say for sure. But all in all I felt they did a good job.

Chiefs players were looking for a scape goat and chose the refs for their mistakes.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly. Im so sick of that saints thing. It was brutal and blatant. But again, literally the drive before they missed a facemask on goff.....that would of given the rams first and goal.......If they call that correctly, then the saints play never happens.....but no one EVER wants to hear that.
It doesnt fit a contrarian focal point because if it happened there would be no "what if" to bitch about.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC wasn't winning the game with the way the Buc's defense was playing against that KC OL. KC may have scored a TD here or there instead of a FG, but the end result would have likely been the same.

Having said that - I felt that many of the early penalties on KC's defense were ticky-tacky at best. Especially the "hold" on the WR where the ball was tipped and INT. The issue, to me, isn't that you couldn't call that a hold, but that we saw much more blatant examples of holding within the exact same game (both sides) and it didn't get called. It's the inconsistency that drives me up the wall. If you are going to call every tick-tack penalty, fine. Call it all game long, both sides. If you are going to let them play, then let them play all game long, both sides. But, as a guy who didn't have a dog in the fight in terms of caring much who won, it seemed to me that TB did benefit from more tick-tack calls whereas KC did not get the benefit of those similar calls. I saw several plays in the first few drives where Kelce was blatantly held and wrapped around by the LB without a call.

Again - does it change the outcome in my mind? No, not likely. Maybe just a closer game. Were the refs wildly inconsistent? In my opinion, Yes.
Yep dead on Chris Simms said the same thing this morning. I also called incidental contact on Evans that was a brutal call. The Mathieu call was the kicker the defender has a right to his space and the ball hit the wall was uncatchable. They would have most likely lost anyway as KC oline was getting destroyed but it would have been a little more competitive. Brady always gets the breaks no doubt...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesnt fit a contrarian focal point because if it happened there would be no "what if" to bitch about.
true. But, it did happen.......

1612804998218.png
sure looks like a facemask to me? Should of been first and goal rams.....?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. no.

maybe the chiefs should've played a cleaner game. Yes, it was evident that during a certain period of time, the Chiefs were killing themselves. But every call was backed up with video evidence. sorry about the facts.:nono:

now, about another common comment I hear thrown out there is, "the penalties/and yardage were not equal"................ WTF total BS is that? That make ZERO sense. What, so, because one team is playing terribly sloppy, the other team who is playing without making mistakes automatically has to be called for an equal amount of penalties/yardage????? :pound::pound::pound::pound: That is just retarded.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs didn't lose that game for the Chiefs, what lost it was the offensive line. The importance of tackles never more obvious. Mahomes had no time to create the magic.