• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Refs screwed up

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 calls last week that the refs got wrong against the Lions, although I believe all but 1 got corrected by the review team in NY. Thats the 1 good thing the NFL has changed in the last few years. taking the reviews away from the clowns on the field. Instead of zebra stripes, the refs should be forced to wear clown colors

1029300-bozo_0.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly I'm of the opinion that CJ should've protected the ball. Don't leave the game in the refs hands....apparently they have some major hate for the Lions. Now I'm not saying that the Leos don't ever benefit from a bad call but for most teams it's probably around 50-50 and for the Lions its more like 85-15 where they get screwed. The fact that ownership,management, & the coaches have not come out and pitched a fit like other teams would have I think is the real travesty.. It shows me that they don't care. And why should they? They will still sell tix and merchandise. As long as Ford still collects his money he seems to think everything is all right with the Lions. I kinda wish there was a way for us as fans to force him to sell the team. Millen sucked ....Mayhew imo is literally only slightly better ..by the barest of margins. These guys have hired coaches and personnel that have left alot to be desired. It's been said before that there is a funky kind of culture within the Lions organization and well that starts at the top with the Fords. The only time they could get a coach in there that didn't have his head completely up his ass was Ross and he quit. Can't think of 1 GM worth a damn. So my point is why should the refs/NFL care what happens to the Lions if the Lions don't care what happens to them.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firstly I'm of the opinion that CJ should've protected the ball

I actually think if cj extends the ball to the goal line its a td instead he tucked it and chancellor(sp) got lucky imo

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin did have the ball somewhat protected but but Kam punched at it just right, at the right time. Looked as if he was shielding Thomas as he went to the endzone and never saw Kam.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin did have the ball somewhat protected but but Kam punched at it just right, at the right time. Looked as if he was shielding Thomas as he went to the endzone and never saw Kam.

Calvin's grip hasn't been the same since those finger injuries.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grip hasn't been the same since I started getting pussy on a regular basis.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, anyone in the front office have anything to say about the leagues apology? Nope. Guess they don't care. The coaches either didn't know the rule or Caldwell is surrounded by a bunch of idiots.:nod:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, anyone in the front office have anything to say about the leagues apology? Nope. Guess they don't care. The coaches either didn't know the rule or Caldwell is surrounded by a bunch of idiots.:nod:

Nobody wants to win because of a technicality. Its a stupid rule that should not exist or be changed as it is contradictory to other rules. Thats why nobody cares. Lions lost because they fumbled.

Its other teams fan bases that are upset because they dont want to see the Hawks in a playoff game and especially not in Seattle. Dont make the mistake in thinking the NFL gives a crap about the Lions. They are more concerned on how it effects their "Darling" teams.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants to win because of a technicality. Its a stupid rule that should not exist or be changed as it is contradictory to other rules. Thats why nobody cares. Lions lost because they fumbled.

Its other teams fan bases that are upset because they dont want to see the Hawks in a playoff game and especially not in Seattle. Dont make the mistake in thinking the NFL gives a crap about the Lions. They are more concerned on how it effects their "Darling" teams.

League moved on quickly. Once again the Lions say nothing, just take it. Calvin ain't even mad. There are no leaders on this team. All the passion and intensity this team once had left with Schwartz and Suh.

gonemad69

The Hitman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League moved on quickly. Once again the Lions say nothing, just take it. Calvin ain't even mad. There are no leaders on this team. All the passion and intensity this team once had left with Schwartz and Suh.

While i agree they lack passion and intesity even urgency sometimes, dont believe it has to do with suh or schwartz leaving. Certainly not schwartz as he wasnt here last season. And judging by the way suh is playin for the fishes, its not that either. it seems like they dont believe in the coaching staff or team for that matter

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs just announced a defensive holding against Houston and then called it back afterwards. It wasn't late in a playoff game like Detroit got and they hadn't marked off the yardage yet but still sucks for Indy. How does that happen?

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very two first plays of the game there were two blatent holds against the Lions D as Wilson scrambled...no calls there either... no one is even mentioning that. HOWEVER, and in all honesty, I think anyone that watched the game can admit it isn't the only thing that cost them the game. It wasn't this one bad call, or that one bad play... that offense is freakin anemic. I would prefer if Caldwell was asked why they scored so easily the first quarter of the first game of the year and have done nothing worth noting since. Why were they soooo inefficient for 3 quarters, then all of the sudden, pinned at their 10...were able to move the ball so darn effectively to get to darn near stealing one? I would love to hear a viable explanation from Caldwell, Lombardi, Stafford, Mayhew, etc... In all honesty, this game was a defensive battle all the way to the end... but to point the finger at this particular 'non call' as the reason they lost is nieve. There were a lot more things that they didn't do that dictated they were screwing themselves out of a win too. There were points in that drive were the offense was called for dumb penalties that should have ended that drive. If it wasn't for the bullet Stafford through to Tim Wright they wouldn't have been there to begin with anyway... which I can't understand why they didn't run that play more often in the game either. Anyway, Caldwell isn't the only part of this that needs to be scrutinized... how bout why they are 0-4 and the offense hasn't scored a TD in damn near 2 games? Lombardi needs to answer for that one.

BTW... it did tick me off when it happened. I all but busted through my TV as it happened, screaming it was a penalty. I really thought when the refs were huddling that the Lions were getting the ball back.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer if Caldwell was asked why they scored so easily the first quarter of the first game of the year and have done nothing worth noting since. Why were they soooo inefficient for 3 quarters, then all of the sudden, pinned at their 10...were able to move the ball so darn effectively to get to darn near stealing one?

HAHAHA.... I call it Sandbagging or Overpaid Actors. I first noticed it when the Lions played the 49ers in Candlestick in 2012. The Lions had a "running into the kicker" called on them on a 4th down field goal try which set the 49ers up with a 1st down. The clock hit zero a couple of plays later and the ball was still snapped but the play wasn't stopped and the Lions got called for a PI which the 49ers scored a TD to start the 2nd quarter. After that the Lions offense was moving the ball at will for the most part against a number 3 defense. But, there's a twist because of the Refs dictating the game... Calvin coming off a knee injury was running crossing routes to lead the defenders right to the ball carrier to slow themselves down. If you really watch Lions games and when the Refs start their game changing calls the Lions will roll over and die.