• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins vs Cowboys

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up to see people knock Dak. The Cowboys had the same offensive line and receivers last year and went 1-11 without Romo. Yes, they have a better running back than McFadden, but that's the difference between 1-11 and 10-1? Come on. The kid is a rookie...he's going to get better, not worse.

Russell Wilson: The most overrated player in the NFL

Some people just can't tell a good qb when they see it. They just want to credit their defense, or their o line, receivers or whatever else.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson: The most overrated player in the NFL

Some people just can't tell a good qb when they see it. They just want to credit their defense, or their o line, receivers or whatever else.
Yeah, that was a troll thread on the heels of an NFL thread in which I ranked Romo better than Wilson(which he was). I was then bombarded by hundreds of butthurt Seahawks fans, who had Wilson as the best QB since Joe Montana, and the Seahawks as a team that was better than the 90's Cowboys and destined to win 3-4 Super Bowls. I was also steadfast in saying Wilson was a legit top 10-15 NFL QB(at the time) which he was. Obviously, Wilson is a top QB now, but he didn't take a team that was 4-12 and turn them into 10-1. In other words, at the same stage, as rookies....Dak is better than Wilson was.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was a troll thread on the heels of an NFL thread in which I ranked Romo better than Wilson(which he was). I was then bombarded by hundreds of butthurt Seahawks fans, who had Wilson as the best QB since Joe Montana, and the Seahawks as a team that was better than the 90's Cowboys and destined to win 3-4 Super Bowls. I was also steadfast in saying Wilson was a legit top 10-15 NFL QB(at the time) which he was. Obviously, Wilson is a top QB now, but he didn't take a team that was 4-12 and turn them into 10-1. In other words, at the same stage, as rookies....Dak is better than Wilson was.

Can't just look at records from the year before to calculate a new QBs impact.

Like you said before, last years Cowboys also didn't have Elliott, or I'm sure he would have padded their record by at least a couple games. And maybe TJ just performed better in 2011 than whoever was playing QB for the Cowboys last year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't just look at records from the year before to calculate a new QBs impact.

Like you said before, last years Cowboys also didn't have Elliott, or I'm sure he would have padded their record by at least a couple games. And maybe TJ just performed better in 2011 than whoever was playing QB for the Cowboys last year.
If you can't look at the teams record the year before(with the exact same team), what can you look at? The thread you bumped was from the summer of 2014. Wilson is a heck of a lot better now than he was then....Seriously...and yet, his team hasn't won a Super Bowl since. Why do you think that is? It's because Beastmode isn't there and the defense isn't quite as dominant. If they won the Super Bowl because of the player he was then, why haven't they won one since?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't look at the teams record the year before(with the exact same team), what can you look at? The thread you bumped was from the summer of 2014. Wilson is a heck of a lot better now than he was then....Seriously...and yet, his team hasn't won a Super Bowl since. Why do you think that is? It's because Beastmode isn't there and the defense isn't quite as dominant.

Oh, a whole two years without a title. They're falling apart!

I disagree that Dallas was the same exact team last year because they didn't have Elliott. Gloss over it if you like, but his impact is huge.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap!!! "all time great"??? They won 4 games last year. I'm still hoping for the division win...Who has ever mentioned or thought all time great type of team:noidea:

And you are totally wrong on Dak. He goes through his progressions as well as any rookie I've seen and has seen a lot of pressure this year and a lot of blitzing and teams trying to confuse him. The Dallas OL and Elliott have been great, but Dak makes the clutch throws and plays that are winning them games.
I don't know about all time or not but for the first time in a long time Dallas is legitimately the top story in football.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has been great and is earning the praise he's receiving, but I still want to see what/who he is in 17.