• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me make sure I got you here. We should have simply let Kirk walk, and started McCoy?? And worst case, we are probably in position to draft a QB in the top ten next year right?
You've got a serious reading comprehension problem. I've never said anything remotely like that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing multiple interceptions don't care if its practice or not this is definitely not what you want to hear from a QB who wants a big longterm deal
and where have you been all off season when he was lighting it up ? yesterday he had a huge day and you were silent

a practice is a practice and you dont base contract on a damn practice good or bad

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and where have you been all off season when he was lighting it up ? yesterday he had a huge day and you were silent

a practice is a practice and you dont base contract on a damn practice good or bad

eh I think he has had only a subpar offseason

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins drama: What went wrong in Washington | The MMQB with Peter King

here is one (a new one for me ) that says it all other then numbers . read this GK and VT or whomever else

I didn't know about the Cravens issue. Isnt that the head coaches responsibility to see if a player I s healthy or not. You mean to tell me that Cravens was healthy for the Giants game and was scratched? Who did this Allen, Sm, or Gruden ?

Plus isn't the head coaches call on whether or not to start KC in 2015? why wasn't that mentioned.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know about the Cravens issue. Isnt that the head coaches responsibility to see if a player I s healthy or not. You mean to tell me that Cravens was healthy for the Giants game and was scratched? Who did this Allen, Sm, or Gruden ?

Plus isn't the head coaches call on whether or not to start KC in 2015? why wasn't that mentioned.

HC job yes; however, his boss is the GM. The GM wanted answers because it wasn't being taken care of and when the locker room rumbles, it is time to step in.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC job yes; however, his boss is the GM. The GM wanted answers because it wasn't being taken care of and when the locker room rumbles, it is time to step in.

So why didn't Gruden say Cravens is healthy I want him to play? Sm or Allen said no we are shutting him down for the year? Who decision was it to shut down Cravens?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got a serious reading comprehension problem. I've never said anything remotely like that.

Thats why I asked instead of assuming. I wanted to be clear as to what you were saying or hinting at.

After all, people around here have a tendency to assume (me included). But we are currently in a climate where if you think the team should stick with Cousins, you have automatically proclaimed him the greatest QB ever.

So yea, when you say things like Colt can play at an acceptable NFL level, from some one who has been known to suggest we should move on from Cousins, one might assume you were headed in that direction.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I thought he had turned the corner. Oh well... there goes the season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm... lets be realistic here.

1. For as much as we are paying Norman, there should be no place on the planet that he doesnt have blanket coverage on. I dont care if he is asleep in bed, if a pass is thrown by a 12 year old in Russia, his ass should be there to break it up if not pick it off.

2. At some point, considering how much we invested in the rest of the defense this off season. It would be more troubling if we DIDNT in fact hear that they were having a good day once in a while. They are practicing against the same people and the same plays every day. So some where some one has got to be in the right position to make a play.

That being said, Im not overly excited by either prospect, the Defense crushing it or Kirk having lights out non contact practices. As Skinsdad has said, if the team decides well we cant sign him long term based on the first mini-camp...... I think you could say we got MUCH bigger problems. Mainly lining up to do something really flashy and possibly stupid come next April.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I even put in bold that Cousins is better just to avoid an over-reaction like that... While I realize that preseason ain't the regular season, we've all got to see McCoy play quite a lot, and you can tell whether a guy can play or not. Colt can play at an acceptable NFL level, imo. And Cooley's said the same. People might not like Cooley, but he knows a lot more about football than you and I do.

7 seasons in the league & has barely sniffed the field in the last 5. Be honest - this guy is a career backup. Not sure if he will ever get there, but I can honestly say that I could see Cousins leading a team to a deep playoff run in the future. The only way that happens for McCoy is if he is a game manager & the team carries him - ala Trent Dilfer.

As for Cooley's opinion - so what. He is right and wrong about a lot of things & just because he played football doesn't make his opinion that much more valuable. Guys like Warren Sapp & Michael Irvin say a lot of stupid shit @ the NFL & players & they are HOFers.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I asked instead of assuming. I wanted to be clear as to what you were saying or hinting at.

After all, people around here have a tendency to assume (me included). But we are currently in a climate where if you think the team should stick with Cousins, you have automatically proclaimed him the greatest QB ever.

So yea, when you say things like Colt can play at an acceptable NFL level, from some one who has been known to suggest we should move on from Cousins, one might assume you were headed in that direction.

You left out the "vastly overeating the differences at this point in their careers." That right there screams Colt should be the man and not pay Kc.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think you missed the point , the point about the contract

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you missed the point , the point about the contract

I understand that. Im talking about the other stuff like Cravens and why did KC shut down talks in Dec of 2015?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what ?

Exactly. You rarely hear about Brady or Rodgers having a great offseason because it doesn't matter & nobody cares. Then you hear about someone like McNabb just prior to coming to the Skins having these great workouts & offseason practices with high caliber receivers & the subsequent season is complete garbage. What exactly could Cousins do this offseason football wise to show that he will have an improved 2017 season? Laughable.