• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Brady leads a game winning FG drive because his defense does their job, he is called the greatest. When KC leads a game winning FG drive that his defense loses, it is KC's fault for not getting a TD? Got it. Hypocrite

Game winning Fg drive with 2 minutes left and the Giants have the ball? ok gk try again. This is the same guy that thinks a 3 point lead in the beginning of the 4th qtr is a huge lead. Give me a break.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is more risk in signing KC to a LTD now than next year. If he plays well we have options to bring him back. IF we lose him to a giant contract I wouldn't be upset.

Again... what are these risks?? How is it more risky to sign him now?? Thats all Im asking. Tell me what you fear we are giving up in signing him to a long term deal now??

Its a simple question really.

If we sign Kirk long term now, it means we wont be able to?????

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier you said only the Packers. Now you add the Bears and you limit it to a single season. So KC won two games for us according to you. How many do you credit Brady with last season? This little game is stupid.

not stupid. already proved you guys wrong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... what are these risks?? How is it more risky to sign him now?? Thats all Im asking. Tell me what you fear we are giving up in signing him to a long term deal now??

Its a simple question really.

If we sign Kirk long term now, it means we wont be able to?????

cap implications in the future. the thing is he wont sign now b/c he wants to hit fa.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cap implications in the future.

Didnt you just an hour ago tell me cap implications in the future are pure speculation and have no meaning right now??

And waiting another year has worse cap implications.

So, lets try again.

If we sign Kirk long term now, it means we wont be able to what???

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt you just an hour ago tell me cap implications in the future are pure speculation and have no meaning right now??

So, lets try again.

right. I cant forecast numbers now. There is no reason to sign him now. I said this 1000 times. why cant you understand it?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, lets try again.

plus it gives us more options next year if he is not signed now. Always take more options over one.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, lets try again.

HAHAHAHA........he is boxed in again. This is what happens when you change your story every other month and arent willing to come clean on what your real issue is. Well played, shark.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right. I cant forecast numbers now. There is no reason to sign him now. I said this 1000 times. why cant you understand it?
I can give you two. Cap implications and long term security.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHA........he is boxed in again. This is what happens when you change your story every other month and arent willing to come clean on what your real issue is. Well played, shark.

what boxed in? are you for real? you guys live in a fantasy world. I gave the same opinion for the last 4 months. You guys cant get it. that is your problem not mine.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IM going to help you out here Dean and get rid of some confusion.

1. Signing Kirk now to a long term deal would mean we know, to the penny what he would in fact cost next year, and in following years. This number would be LOWER than his likely cost if we wait until next year.

2. It would lower his cap number this year, and any roll over from those cap savings would in fact help out alot more in resigning players next year as apposed to paying him $30-35M next year.

3. The only real negative to signing Kirk long term now is, it would effectively take us out of the trade up for a QB market in next years draft. It would NOT prevent us from taking a QB high in the draft, although it would likely leave us in a position where we didnt need to trade up to take a QB.

The only way Signing him long term now really hurts us is if the team finishes 10-6, misses the playoffs and Dan decides he just has to have Darnold.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM going to help you out here Dean and get rid of some confusion.

1. Signing Kirk now to a long term deal would mean we know, to the penny what he would in fact cost next year, and in following years. This number would be LOWER than his likely cost if we wait until next year.

2. It would lower his cap number this year, and any roll over from those cap savings would in fact help out alot more in resigning players next year as apposed to paying him $30-35M next year.

3. The only real negative to signing Kirk long term now is, it would effectively take us out of the trade up for a QB market in next years draft. It would NOT prevent us from taking a QB high in the draft, although it would likely leave us in a position where we didnt need to trade up to take a QB.

The only way Signing him long term now really hurts us is if the team finishes 10-6, misses the playoffs and Dan decides he just has to have Darnold.

1. You have no idea what the numbers are. So this point means shit.
2. You are assuming he wants to sign back with us this year at a team friendly deal. which is wrong.
3. You have more options dealing with this next year than now.

You are trying to predict what is going to happen next off season right now which is crazy. that is the bottom line. You are Dr. Doom its been proven all off season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deans has got to be feeling a little like this guy

971c1b27bc3085c14cd3c7deb8820889.1000x506x1.png

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You have no idea what the numbers are. So this point means shit.
2. You are assuming he wants to sign back with us this year at a team friendly deal. which is wrong.
3. You have more options dealing with this next year than now.

You are trying to predict what is going to happen next off season right now which is crazy. that is the bottom line. You are Dr. Doom its been proven all off season.

Nope... IM just trying to get you to put on your big boy pants and admit why you really dont want a long term deal done now. We already know the top range of a deal.

YOU are speculating that he wont do a deal, team friendly is just a bullshit term being floated around to try and lowball players.

I have pointed out to you a number of times how, no matter what its better now and in the future CAPWISE for us to get Kirk signed now as apposed to waiting until his value goes up.

I have also pointed out that unless you really expect him to fail, it makes no logical sense to drag this out at the cost of $6-9M a year more.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... IM just trying to get you to put on your big boy pants and admit why you really dont want a long term deal done now. We already know the top range of a deal.

YOU are speculating that he wont do a deal, team friendly is just a bullshit term being floated around to try and lowball players.

I have pointed out to you a number of times how, no matter what its better now and in the future CAPWISE for us to get Kirk signed now as apposed to waiting until his value goes up.

I have also pointed out that unless you really expect him to fail, it makes no logical sense to drag this out at the cost of $6-9M a year more.

I don't want a long term deal this year b/c we have more options next year if it doesn't get done. I must of said this 1000 times. Still not sinking in?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want a long term deal this year b/c we have more options next year if it doesn't get done. I must of said this 1000 times. Still not sinking in?

What options??

What options are you seeing as so tempting that its worth an extra $6-9M a year if we end up signing Kirk long term.

Tell us, what is this better option you see??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What options??

What options are you seeing as so tempting that its worth an extra $6-9M a year if we end up signing Kirk long term.

Tell us, what is this better option you see??

I told you already. It all depends on how the team finishes. Im not doing this shit all over again. wtf you guys. read my posts.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. how did I change? I am with Vt we don't think a LTD right now is going to happen or want it to happen.

From what I've read, VT has no issue with signing him LT per se, just has an issue with the money and with those of us that think he has been mistreated. But I'll let VT speak for himself.

I don't think a LTD will happen before 7/15. I don't think the front office really wants it because they want to see more. I think the KC camp (quietly) doesn't want it to happen either because he is banking on having another fine year in 2016, getting paid big on the tag, THEN getting a 5-6 year, $150-180 million contract next year. That would basically be $200+ million over an eight year period. Crazy money. IF the FO gives him close to the Luck deal, I think he would have to sign, or he would look really really bad if he didn't.

As far as what I would like to see...I'm a bit torn.

I'm totally good with us waiting until next year. If he plays lights out with a less talented supporting cast, then Dan will have to pay him very very well. If we extend him a great offer and he walks, then I guess he walks. In that situation he cares more about the extra few million $$$ and having his ass kissed (despite getting paid as a Top QB over a two year period) than he cares about being a Skin. In that situation, Don't let the door hit you in the ass, hope life is better with 49ers or Browns.

Or...Yes, I'm ok with us taking a short term risk on signing him right now..but not for Andrew Luck contract. Don't think he has earned that. We could guarantee plenty now and more in the future/2019 (if he plays well and isn't cut).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a LTD will happen before 7/15. I don't think the front office really wants it because they want to see more. I think the KC camp (quietly) doesn't want it to happen either because he is banking on having another fine year in 2016, getting paid big on the tag, THEN getting a 5-6 year, $150-180 million contract next year. That would basically be $200+ million over an eight year period. Crazy money. IF the FO gives him close to the Luck deal, I think he would have to sign, or he would look really really bad if he didn't.

As far as what I would like to see...I'm a bit torn.

I'm totally good with us waiting until next year. If he plays lights out with a less talented supporting cast, then Dan will have to pay him very very well. If we extend him a great offer and he walks, then I guess he walks. In that situation he cares more about the extra few million $$$ and having his ass kissed (despite getting paid as a Top QB over a two year period) than he cares about being a Skin. In that situation, Don't let the door hit you in the ass, hope life is better with 49ers or Browns.

Or...Yes, I'm ok with us taking a short term risk on signing him right now..but not for Andrew Luck contract. Don't think he has earned that. We could guarantee plenty now and more in the future/2019 (if he plays well and isn't cut).

Again Im going to point out three simple things.

1. Lucks actual fully guaranteed money AT signing was only $47M. Now I say this to put it in context, we gave Norman $50M fully guaranteed ( I know All Pro Player) but the real point is, Lucks numbers are mostly performance and roster based beyond that $47M, meaning if he is cut or traded, he doesnt see the bulk of that money from the Colts. So in reference to Kirk, we are currently paying him $24M on a one year deal, for cap purposes it might be.. no fuck it would be better to add the other $26M to make $50M fully guaranteed, and spread that over the 2017-2019 years. Worst case, he totally shits the bed, we are still on the ook for $13M a year which we could realistically spread out if needed.

2. If Kirk walks, IM not so sure it would be all about the money. At this point there is a level of fuck what do I have to do to convince these guys. And at some point the concept of unquestioned loyalty from the team does have to factor in. As I have stated many times, if Kirk had been a top five pick, with the two years he just had... no one would be bitching about what he MIGHT get paid, and all would be wondering WTF is wrong with Bruce really.

3. At some point the whole we are leaving all our options open line gets worn out when you factor in, if Kirk performs to the level needed to make Dan and the FO as well as the fans happy, Even if we do resign him, its likely for ALOT more than it would cost getting it out of the way now.