• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm the one who reminded you that Bridgewater might not play this year. That's the opposite of ignoring his injury. I just pointed him out as an option fro 2018 and disagreed with you when you said he's clearly not an option. Cousins is most likely not going to be on the Skins roster next season, imo. That's why I'm looking at options for the Skins in 2018.

If Kirk leaves, Colt will start next year. We will likely draft a QB (and probably trade up to get him).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm the one who reminded you that Bridgewater might not play this year. That's the opposite of ignoring his injury. I just pointed him out as an option fro 2018 and disagreed with you when you said he's clearly not an option. Cousins is most likely not going to be on the Skins roster next season, imo. That's why I'm looking at options for the Skins in 2018.

Fair enough. So if Bridgewater doesn't play this season & his only (mediocre) success came off of AP's coattails then why exactly would he appeal to anyone? I think that there are plenty of guys that could do better than him (which is not saying a whole lot).

Also - not quite sure about Cousins not being here in 2018. I am not necessarily stating that he will be extended. Please remember how the Redskins organization is run - nothing has to make sense. Therefore - there is a very good possibility that they even tag him next season (perhaps against better judgment).

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. So if Bridgewater doesn't play this season & his only (mediocre) success came off of AP's coattails then why exactly would he appeal to anyone? I think that there are plenty of guys that could do better than him (which is not saying a whole lot).

Also - not quite sure about Cousins not being here in 2018. I am not necessarily stating that he will be extended. Please remember how the Redskins organization is run - nothing has to make sense. Therefore - there is a very good possibility that they even tag him next season (perhaps against better judgment).
You've asked that question 6,000 times, and I said because he played better than the vast majority of QB's at the ages that he played - 22/23 years old. Actually, I was wrong - he was was 21/22 years old. He was a highly regarded player coming out of college and hasn't done anything to hurt that rep other than the injury. Even after missing a whole year, he's still just 24 years old and has 2 full years starting experience - again... in which he played better than the vast majority of QB's his age. And clearly Minnesota isn't a city where most QB's are going to shine - given the rough whether conditions - the wind and the cold aren't generally condusive to throwing well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've asked that question 6,000 times, and I said because he played better than the vast majority of QB's at the ages that he played - 22/23 years old. Actually, I was wrong - he was was 21/22 years old. He was a highly regarded player coming out of college and hasn't done anything to hurt that rep other than the injury. Even after missing a whole year, he's still just 24 years old and has 2 full years starting experience - again... in which he played better than the vast majority of QB's his age. And clearly Minnesota isn't a city where most QB's are going to shine - given the rough whether conditions - the wind and the cold aren't generally condusive to throwing well.

Peace - I don't think that I have posted 6000 times recently. Agree to disagree. Also having a hard time with the weather argument - doesn't Rodgers play in the same type of conditions & aren't a lot of the games played either in another city or during the time of the year where the weather is not so bad? I never had anywhere near the same opinion that you have about this guy & the college argument is bogus since we al know that many QBs can be good/great in college and fall way short in the NFL.

Again - agree to disagree. I won't ask the same question 6,001 times :D

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has there been any update of the contract extension for the Lions or Raiders QB yet ?

i predict once those dominoes fall things will begin to move swiftly ... or not at all

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becaus
Why wouldn't I? We are a Redskin fans aren't we?
Because comparing him to Campbell makes absolutely no sense to me. There's a million ex-Skins QB's. Why did you pick Campbell as a comparison?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peace - I don't think that I have posted 6000 times recently. Agree to disagree. Also having a hard time with the weather argument - doesn't Rodgers play in the same type of conditions & aren't a lot of the games played either in another city or during the time of the year where the weather is not so bad? I never had anywhere near the same opinion that you have about this guy & the college argument is bogus since we al know that many QBs can be good/great in college and fall way short in the NFL.

Again - agree to disagree. I won't ask the same question 6,001 times :D
Yes peace, but c'mon man - Rodgers had 4 years learning to adapt before he played, and he's one of the all-time greats. Bridgewater was thrown in as a rookie. I mean... I wasn't trying to say Bridgewater is the next Rodgers - by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes, we'll agree to disagree.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becaus

Because comparing him to Campbell makes absolutely no sense to me. There's a million ex-Skins QB's. Why did you pick Campbell as a comparison?

Because somebody asked why we should or should not bring him here. I used the Skins QB with a similar draft status as TB. They also have similar characteristics.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see , good year and dan will overpay to keep him

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, this is perhaps the first time Kirk is looking like the "one" you won't miss until she is gone.
I thought the 'Skins were going to trade him, but now panic is going to set in if he isn't re-signed.
IMO, the 'skins are a LG, RB and some above average/elite defensive FA from being beyond the usual 1-and-done in the postseason.

With the expired contracts, FA and the draft, it wasn't a stretch to think next year they could have filled in those needed upgrades -- BUT all this Cousins WILL walk talk seems credible.
I believe if he gets them in the playoffs, they see all they need, and they finally throw the bank at him -- but it is too late.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, this is perhaps the first time Kirk is looking like the "one" you won't miss until she is gone.
I thought the 'Skins were going to trade him, but now panic is going to set in if he isn't re-signed.
IMO, the 'skins are a LG, RB and some above average/elite defensive FA from being beyond the usual 1-and-done in the postseason.

With the expired contracts, FA and the draft, it wasn't a stretch to think next year they could have filled in those needed upgrades -- BUT all this Cousins WILL walk talk seems credible.
I believe if he gets them in the playoffs, they see all they need, and they finally throw the bank at him -- but it is too late.

They just added samaje perine lol

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frankly just don't believe anything I read or hear anymore. If he doesn't want to be here see ya Kirk. If he does want to be here open the check book Dan. Tired of all the tweets and hot takes on podcasts etc. telling me what someone thinks Kirk is gonna do.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I frankly just don't believe anything I read or hear anymore. If he doesn't want to be here see ya Kirk. If he does want to be here open the check book Dan. Tired of all the tweets and hot takes on podcasts etc. telling me what someone thinks Kirk is gonna do.
The tweets that don't give you reasons for their conclusions are worthless, but the ones that do are very useful, and then we can use that thing inside our skulls to determine what conclusions make sense. Just ranting I'd don't believe anything I read anymore seems lazy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So true. I don't know how anyone thinks that someone like Schefter has any credibility at this time. He (& others like him) threw out tons of stories about Cousins going to several teams & they were all apparently complete BS. These guys no longer care about a story having any substance - everything is done in the name of trying to scoop the competition (or stealing someone else's report & claiming it as your own).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe KC is gone when I see KC is gone in my best Fletcher of Josey wales voice

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you compare him to Jason Campbell?

Because both of them are...............tall.

The comparison to Campbell wasn't so bad. The opinion that JC was better than Bridgewater was what made me go hmmm. In Campbell's defense, Joe Gibbs, at least the 2.0 version, may not of been the best HC for Campbell to have.

Far as what comes out of Redskins Park where reporting is concerned. I'm sure a lotta shit gets made up by reporters and the like. But it seems there is nothing said at Redskins Park that can be trusted. I don't blame reporters for that. I lay that at the feet of the lying ass Redskins front office.