• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those rumors assumed that the Niners would be all over Kirk. And it made sense. But even if that were the case, it would have been a mistake, because if we dealt Kirk, we would not have taken Allen. I realize some of you think a monkey with a limp could do what Kirk has, but the Exclusive tag suggests that despite his ego, Bruce realized on some level this team still needs Cousins if its going to be successful.

Come to think of it. Shark, if Allen and Synder were so anti KC why wasn't he available for a trade?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets thinks about that right now. Lets say we got the #2 pick for KC. We could of did the trade with the Bears and took the LSU safety or Thomas at #3. Then at #17 taken Allen. Then have two #2's two #3's and two #4's. Interesting.

And who exactly plays QB?? Sorry dean, but you dont deal Kirk, and roll into the season with Colt McCoy and Nate Sudfeld. If Bruce had even the slightest bit of confidence in McCoy like that, he doesnt use the Exclusive tag because he is hoping the Niners jump. No sir, he used the Exclusive tag because the only way he was going to deal Kirk is if he got MORE than two number ones, because one of them would have been used on a QB this year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it. Shark, if Allen and Synder were so anti KC why wasn't he available for a trade?

Oh right now I dont think they are Anti KC so much as damn we screwed up but we dont really want to spend what it will take.

When this all started to go south, Im not so sure they wanted KC to do as well as he has done.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who exactly plays QB?? Sorry dean, but you dont deal Kirk, and roll into the season with Colt McCoy and Nate Sudfeld. If Bruce had even the slightest bit of confidence in McCoy like that, he doesnt use the Exclusive tag because he is hoping the Niners jump. No sir, he used the Exclusive tag because the only way he was going to deal Kirk is if he got MORE than two number ones, because one of them would have been used on a QB this year.

Actually, If we got 2 first from the 49ers we could of build the defense in this draft and drafted a qb in 2018 with two #1 picks. I know you guys would say no to the 49ers for two #1 picks but it was something to think about.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, If we got 2 first from the 49ers we could of build the defense in this draft and drafted a qb in 2018 with two #1 picks. I know you guys would say no to the 49ers for two #1 picks but it was something to think about.

No way in fuck they go into the season with Colt McCoy as the starter... not a chance.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in fuck they go into the season with Colt McCoy as the starter... not a chance.

for one year? maybe. its all water under the bridge now but interesting to think about. You still think Kc is going to take a fair deal by 7/15?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for one year? maybe. its all water under the bridge now but interesting to think about. You still think Kc is going to take a fair deal by 7/15?

If that were even a viable option, Bruce does not use the Exclusive tag.

As for a fair deal, unless Kirk bends over and takes a seriously below market deal, nothing he gets paid will be considered FAIR by some of you guys.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were even a viable option, Bruce does not use the Exclusive tag.

As for a fair deal, unless Kirk bends over and takes a seriously below market deal, nothing he gets paid will be considered FAIR by some of you guys.

Its going to be interesting with Danny taking control. If they really wanted him here how could they not offer the Luck deal right now?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real question is will he be offered a fair deal by 7/15?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the real question is will he be offered a fair deal by 7/15?

My prediction right now is that the Luck deal gets offered by 7/15 b/c Danny is now involved

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you solve the Cousins situation in 100 pages or less? :noidea::scratch:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be interesting with Danny taking control. If they really wanted him here how could they not offer the Luck deal right now?

Because they have realized, they screwed this up last year... and now its going to cost them more than the Luck deal.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they have realized, they screwed this up last year... and now its going to cost them more than the Luck deal.
Especially if the rumors about a Carr deal are true. The Luck deal will then be outdated. Unfortunately, 2 months ago, I think they could have signed KC to a Luck type deal. This is why you don't wait. Once again, the FO can't get out of their own way in this deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if the rumors about a Carr deal are true. The Luck deal will then be outdated. Unfortunately, 2 months ago, I think they could have signed KC to a Luck type deal. This is why you don't wait. Once again, the FO can't get out of their own way in this deal.

IF this deal gets done, i expect alot of complaining from a portion of the fan base.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this deal gets done, i expect alot of complaining from a portion of the fan base.
That's fine, they just need to understand why it turned out the way it did. Allen hosed this thing up from day 1. KC's agent has run circles around this front office. They have continued to be out maneuvered with too little and too late. In the end, this is why the price is so high. Its not greed on KC's part. Its incompetence on the Front office

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep wanting to bring Supply and Demand into the equation sdad. And that's fair, some good points. But another old economic and consumer component is quality over quantity. At the time he was demanding this money we didn't know what kind of long term "quality" QB we were dealing with. To a lesser degree, that's still an unknown.

Does quality of a product not have an effect on its market value or is the supply just so low that even if the quality is somewhat still unknown you have to pay top dollar for the product, so long as it can call a play, take a snap, and throw the ball somewhat accurately for 20 yards??

the quality of the product has been demonstrated . he was a top 85 and 70 player 2 years running . he is a PB qb in the 2 years has has started from an individual standpoint what more do you want ? wins are team things

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is how I would roll; however, that isn't how any team other than Cleveland rolls. There is 0 chance any team goes into a season with Colt as a starting QB.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Here is what I could find on the average QB salary for the 2016 season. It is already known that KC and his camp were looking for $19-20 APY on a LTD after the 2015 season. We offered him $16, Who on this list would you say (at that time) KC should have been paid better than (his asking price of $19-20 APY)/ Keep in mind prior to the '16 season, KC has not even beat a team with a winning record in 26 starts.

View attachment 161584
View attachment 161585

Actually, that is basically where he should have been at that point. He wasn't fully established and the only reliable guy below him was Stafford because Stafford was so far into his contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they don't set the tag value. That's the money they have to pay him to retain his rights and hopefully continue negotiating. By definition it's an average of the Top 5 players at that position. Hate to break it to you but he isn't one of Top 5 QBs. So IMO, that should be the baseline or ceiling for a LT number. Just because he has us by the balls and thinks he is worthy of being one of the highest paid QBs in the league doesn't mean he is. Kirks agent likes to spread his peacock feathers like he is representing Tom Brady don't he.

That isn't how NFL salaries go because not EVERY contract is negotiated EVERY season. In a perfect world, perhaps that is how things would work.

Now let me ask you this another way. Do you think KC would have been treated differently in his first three seasons had he been picked in RG3's slot? The obvious answer is yes.

Is it fair that his earning potential was effected by being drafted lower and not given a chance sooner in his rookie contract because so much was invested in that loser RG3?

While you may not believe he deserves top 5 money because he is not top 5 at this moment takes no consideration of the QB market. The market drives the contracts, not the ranking.