• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trade Package for #2 pick

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we have an insane amount of repair work to do to our roster, but i think we can fix a lot of that through free agency, i forsee a solid amount of good players becoming cap casualties that we could target. One of my biggest concerns about all these high picks at once is being able to keep them all later down the line.
I do wish there was a way to land young and Simmons

I hope we are smart and aggressive in FA.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all nonsense we are not trading #2.

Drafting quarterbacks may be a moot point once March 20th rolls around. Brady could be in Las Vegas, Los Angeles or Miami..............even scarier, Tennessee or Jacksonville. Once that domino falls, ink will be flowing everywhere.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what so great about this time of year....completely unpredictable

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WAS has to consider 5 & 18...if you can get more, you do.

Generational talent...At DE...who was the last one? Clowney? I'm not sure if I would consider either one of the Bosa boys generational...not yet.

They can't go wrong taking Chase Young, unless they can move down, still pick up another plug an play starter. and several more picks.

There is literally zero chance the redskins pull the trigger on that deal. Zero. And why would they, really?

In the aforementioned scenario, if Young is gone, the best trade offer they’ll get will be better than 2 #1’s, considering how many qb needy teams there are.

Also, trading to five gets you the best cb or olineman (assuming burrow, tagliavoa, and young are drafted before 5), but what does 18 get you? A pretty good wr?

If Young is there at 2, then The redskins are better off having a dominant dline (with young) that is guaranteed to be better coached than last year, then a very good dline with the best rookie cb, and the second or third best olineman / wr.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Being a Steerlers fan and knowing how awful the Skins have been for years, would you think quantity is better than quality at this point? We are the 2nd worst team in the NFL have one of the 3 least talented rosters in the league. We have numerous holes all over the place.

If we can get the 5, 18 and 39, I think we have to do it. Interested to get your thoughts as a non-Skins fan.

I think they should too.
There is literally zero chance the redskins pull the trigger on that deal. Zero. And why would they, really?

In the aforementioned scenario, if Young is gone, the best trade offer they’ll get will be better than 2 #1’s, considering how many qb needy teams there are.

Also, trading to five gets you the best cb or olineman (assuming burrow, tagliavoa, and young are drafted before 5), but what does 18 get you? A pretty good wr?

If Young is there at 2, then The redskins are better off having a dominant dline (with young) that is guaranteed to be better coached than last year, then a very good dline with the best rookie cb, and the second or third best olineman / wr.

FTR...I said they would have to think about 5/18...I would want 5, 18, & 39.

If Young is gone (he won't be) I agree, the pick has less value.

WAS needs an OT...get one at 5 plug and play.

WAS 27th vs the run...LB or DT level...impact player at 18

WAS needs a TE...probably getting the 1st TE off the board at 39

Without a deal...you take Young at 2. Do you have an elite DL? Or do you have a very good DL? Probably the closest to a truly elite DL was SF, they had the edge and interior guys. Chargers have two very good DEs, DEN with Miller and Bradley Chubb, PHI, maybe. WAS has guys that can get to the passer, add another doesn't hurt.

Then you come back on the clock at 66, 98...still need OT, WR, TE, maybe DT and LB

Young is probably BPA and I'm not saying they shouldn't take him, but If you can trade down and improve more than one key position from this draft the team is better off imo.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should too.

FTR...I said they would have to think about 5/18...I would want 5, 18, & 39.

If Young is gone (he won't be) I agree, the pick has less value.

WAS needs an OT...get one at 5 plug and play.

WAS 27th vs the run...LB or DT level...impact player at 18

WAS needs a TE...probably getting the 1st TE off the board at 39

Without a deal...you take Young at 2. Do you have an elite DL? Or do you have a very good DL? Probably the closest to a truly elite DL was SF, they had the edge and interior guys. Chargers have two very good DEs, DEN with Miller and Bradley Chubb, PHI, maybe. WAS has guys that can get to the passer, add another doesn't hurt.

Then you come back on the clock at 66, 98...still need OT, WR, TE, maybe DT and LB

Young is probably BPA and I'm not saying they shouldn't take him, but If you can trade down and improve more than one key position from this draft the team is better off imo.

Would you like to be our GM...geez, we have an opening actually. Common sense is the only requirement...LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People it’s a win , win situation . We get chase or we get more young talent

in FA. We should focus on signing our guys , scherf. And flowers and then be frugal . We have contracts that are coming do and we need to keep guys we develop instead of watching 3 of the start for the super bowl champions

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People it’s a win , win situation . We get chase or we get more young talent

in FA. We should focus on signing our guys , scherf. And flowers and then be frugal . We have contracts that are coming do and we need to keep guys we develop instead of watching 3 of the start for the super bowl champions

I would pass on Scherff. He has not been healthy in almost 3 years. He is the most talented Guard available but I am more interested in availablity than ability. Flowers is ok at the right price and grades out as an average Guard.

With respect to contracts coming up, I believe Allen is next year and he is maybe above average and graded out as an average DL last year. Anderson and Moreau can be offered contracts but there again, I do not believe people are knocking down the door to sign them.

I think you over-value our roster. Many of these players are below average players. We were the 2nd worst team in the NFL with a bottom 5 roster. The worst thing we can do is to over value our own players and throw a ton of money at players who have under have underperformed. I am not a fan at trying to retain players just because we drafted them. We need to look to improve our roster instead of resigning medicore players out of loyalty.

We will never improve as a team if we are not aggressive in FA and simply want to keep our players around even though these are the same players who repeatedly underperform and lead us to a sub .500 record. We do have some talent obviously but outside of about 5 players, everyone of them is replaceable.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, we go with Simmons and Ruggs and then pick up another talented player with that #39 pick. That is my vote. THe WR corps. would be set. We always strike out on FA WRs I feel but we do well in drafting them. McLaurin, Harmon, Ruggs and Sims would be outstanding.
Simmons can sure up that defense and bring talent and leadership to the LB. corps. Its a no brainer.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long struggling Lions fan please trade down!

The Chargers and more likely the Panthers are offering above slot trade package to jump Miami.

Miami may b forced to trade with Washington to keep the Chargers and Panthers behind them.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a long struggling Lions fan please trade down!

The Chargers and more likely the Panthers are offering above slot trade package to jump Miami.

Miami may b forced to trade with Washington to keep the Chargers and Panthers behind them.
So no chance you guys draft a QB with your first pick?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how or where the rumors of the Lions moving on from Stafford and drafting a QB began, but I'm convinced that they would have the card with Chase Youth's name on it in the commisioner's hand before the second pick is announced if Washington trades out of #2.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading down, away from "the best player in the draft," "a generational player," etc. just so the redskins have an easier time resigning their DLine is a recipe for disaster. First of all, not all of the dlinemen are going to need to be resigned. Secondly, as they Skins will be able to sign SOME of their Dlinemen, there will always be players that they could draft to fill in the gaps. Finally, when a team drafts a dominant Dlineman, it affects the entire defense. When a team drafts a great cb, it affects only the man the cb is covering.

Is Okudah a shutdown corner? I don't know, because I don't watch college football. If not, then there's no reason to trade down to draft him.

What about any of the Olinemen prospects? Are they dominant like TW is/was in his prime? If not, then there's no reason to trade down to draft them either.

The Redskins lack studs on defense. On the other hand, they have a fair amount of good players on defense: sweat, Payne, Ionnidis, Collins, Allen. It is entirely possible that the inclusion of Young puts the entire defense over the top.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the Lions so who knows but my guess is it's Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons in that order.