• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trade Package for #2 pick

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all nonsense we are not trading #2.

I agree, in fact the real action, if there's an early trade down in this draft, will involve either the Lions or the Giants. Miami will ONLY move if they have their sights on Tua AND there's a real threat that either the Giants or Lions have a confirmed trading partner. Even then it will have to be with a team that needs QB as its high priority.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look no one says we are in fact trading out . But if a package presents itself we should consider it . You would pass on Derwin James dean ? Okuda is every bit the potential player chase is . I mean it’s Myles Garrett vs jalen Ramsey In terms of potential . Isiah Simmons is another chess piece you can add

imagine okuda and Ruggs added to the team with Michai beckton and of course James

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things are possible. The following teams are capable of trading up based on need of QB and availability. The reason they trade with us is we are the first pick available because Cincinnati is going Burrow. If one of the following teams wait until pick 3, another team may trade up ahead of them before. Our pick is worth 2600

Detroit 3 (2200), 35 (550)

Miami 5 (1700), 18 (900), 26 (700), 39 (510), 56 (340)

LA 6 (1600), 37 (530),

Carolina 7 (1500), 38 (520)

JAX 9 (1350), 42 (480)

I would love a trade with Detroit because we still get Young.

The rest of the teams would be a crap shoot regarding Young.

In a trade with Miami, I would require 5, 18, and next year’s first.

Jax would be very interesting because I would need their 9 and 42 this year, first and second next year, and a first in 2022.

I don’t like the idea of trading with the Chargers because I believe they have a decent roster and would not yield a top ten pick in 2021. Carolina is in a similar situation regarding talent.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw in this reasoning centers around what we get in return. Reading all posts thus far tells us that almost all are counting on some sort of 3 for 1 scenario. We get three guys and our trading partner get the #2 spot. There's only one team that gives us that opportunity... Miami.

If, as suggested, Washington let it be known that they aren't drafting a QB, they effectively remove themselves from any chance of a trade with the Dolphins. Realizing that, any team, not named or loaded as the Dolphins are, wanting to move into the #2 spot, will have to convince our guys to take a smaller haul this year with additional picks coming in future years. ( There's only one team with the draft capital that helps us this year, as so many are hoping for, again, that team is Miami)
Trades don't have to just be for picks. In some cases, it might be better to include a young veteran than a high pick. Why limit your opportunities?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades don't have to just be for picks. In some cases, it might be better to include a young veteran than a high pick. Why limit your opportunities?

You're kidding! Well,thanks for clearing that up for me, you are the best!:D

Seriously, ( and forgive the sarcasm) this thread has been all about moving down in the draft and acquiring at least three first round draft selections that will translate into those three players. Until now there's been no mention of anything nor anyone else in a possible trade down scenario.

I do agree that other possibilities could be in play, but that means introducing a new question or thread specifically directed towards our posters with respect to acceptable additions to draft picks if our team moves down in the draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright everyone, since the subject has come up, here's the question.

Do you see a package deal that has draft picks and player (s) that would be acceptable, better yet, beneficial in a move down. San Diego has been introduced as one possibility. I can't see that as realistic, but perhaps someone has other options. (Thanks to @Ruzious ):suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again making number 2 valuable

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again making number 2 valuable

Do not trust the Lions, verify,verify verify!! They have their sights on Young and will "play" that Tua angle for all that it's worth.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you would verify that anyway. Trading stafford might or might not signify they are taking a qb.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look no one says we are in fact trading out . But if a package presents itself we should consider it . You would pass on Derwin James dean ? Okuda is every bit the potential player chase is . I mean it’s Myles Garrett vs jalen Ramsey In terms of potential . Isiah Simmons is another chess piece you can add

imagine okuda and Ruggs added to the team with Michai beckton and of course James
That would be a haul :noidea:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not trust the Lions, verify,verify verify!! They have their sights on Young and will "play" that Tua angle for all that it's worth.
The more they play it, the higher they drive the price for us. I'm OK with that. There is nothing wrong with having multiple attractive options.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kidding! Well,thanks for clearing that up for me, you are the best!:D

Seriously, ( and forgive the sarcasm) this thread has been all about moving down in the draft and acquiring at least three first round draft selections that will translate into those three players. Until now there's been no mention of anything nor anyone else in a possible trade down scenario.

I do agree that other possibilities could be in play, but that means introducing a new question or thread specifically directed towards our posters with respect to acceptable additions to draft picks if our team moves down in the draft.
I forgive you, but you're making about as much sense as someone comparing Chris Thompson to Christian McCaffrey. :nod:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different note, I'd take TJ Hockenson,
Slay, Detroit's 1st and 2nd round picks for our 2nd.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more they play it, the higher they drive the price for us. I'm OK with that. There is nothing wrong with having multiple attractive options.
I think we have to move this pick. There is no such thing as a "can't miss pick" in the NFL. The NBA, yes, its pretty predictable but the NFL is different. I would rather address LB, WR, DE and LT that just a DE who seemed to struggle late in the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously depends on the evals of Chase Young and Burrow, as of now.

If both are generational talents, then the trade value chart needs to be amended to reflect that.

I’m not sure the redskins should trade out of the pick at all, if those two are as good as advertised.

2020 NFL Trade Value Chart

According to this chart, #2 pick is worth

2600, so Miami’s #5 and #18 match up perfectly. I dont really think that’s enough for a generational talent, however.

I think I’d start with whatever the latest trade up scenarios were recently, and add a pick or two to that.

I think WAS has to consider 5 & 18...if you can get more, you do.

Generational talent...At DE...who was the last one? Clowney? I'm not sure if I would consider either one of the Bosa boys generational...not yet.

They can't go wrong taking Chase Young, unless they can move down, still pick up another plug an play starter. and several more picks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generational talent...At DE...who was the last one? Clowney? I'm not sure if I would consider either one of the Bosa boys generational...not yet.

They can't go wrong taking Chase Young, unless they can move down, still pick up another plug an play starter. and several more picks.

Agreed. Being a Steerlers fan and knowing how awful the Skins have been for years, would you think quantity is better than quality at this point? We are the 2nd worst team in the NFL have one of the 3 least talented rosters in the league. We have numerous holes all over the place.

If we can get the 5, 18 and 39, I think we have to do it. Interested to get your thoughts as a non-Skins fan.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is strictly for the sake of argument but I'd consider Watt and Von Miller generational. They were sure things...I'm not accepting an offer for Them.
If young does well at the combine, i think he may be in that category, his tape is a good as the Bosas.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to move this pick. There is no such thing as a "can't miss pick" in the NFL. The NBA, yes, its pretty predictable but the NFL is different. I would rather address LB, WR, DE and LT that just a DE who seemed to struggle late in the season.
It has to be under serious consideration. Ron, I hope, already has his feelers out to see what it might be worth.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is strictly for the sake of argument but I'd consider Watt and Von Miller generational. They were sure things...I'm not accepting an offer for Them.
If young does well at the combine, i think he may be in that category, his tape is a good as the Bosas.

I just don't know at this point. I guess it depends on how quickly we want to rebuild?
I would rather have 3 than 1. I think we are at that point as an organization. If Young is indeed a "generational player", I suppose we have to do it. I am just not sure he will make as major impact as people think he will. I could be wrong but its hard to walk away from multiple starters who can come in a help a team that truly is terrible. I do not like that fact that we will literally have 3 first round picks on the DLine while the LB corp is the worst in the NFL and the offense was the worst offense in the NFL last year.

If the FO believes he is the pick, then we need to trade Kerrigan and use that cap in free agency.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know at this point. I guess it depends on how quickly we want to rebuild?
I would rather have 3 than 1. I think we are at that point as an organization. If Young is indeed a "generational player", I suppose we have to do it. I am just not sure he will make as major impact as people think he will. I could be wrong but its hard to walk away from multiple starters who can come in a help a team that truly is terrible. I do not like that fact that we will literally have 3 first round picks on the DLine while the LB corp is the worst in the NFL and the offense was the worst offense in the NFL last year.

If the FO believes he is the pick, then we need to trade Kerrigan and use that cap in free agency.

I agree we have an insane amount of repair work to do to our roster, but i think we can fix a lot of that through free agency, i forsee a solid amount of good players becoming cap casualties that we could target. One of my biggest concerns about all these high picks at once is being able to keep them all later down the line.
I do wish there was a way to land young and Simmons