• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Trade Package for #2 pick

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find funny is every year now there seems to be at least one generational talent. I don’t think people understand the word generational.
I agree. There is way too much hype now a days for these guys coming out. Rarely do they live up to it for a variety of reasons. Lawerence Taylor was a generational talent. There hasn't been one like him since. But there have been a few that were mentioned in the same breath as him. But, it turns out, they weren't generational talents.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have never had a generational player... and probably never will. Some franchises just don't get that lucky. It's more likely a 40 year old cashier named Wally at Walmart will marry a 28 year old CEO from Apple. Chase young will probably be a good player but generational in the likes of LT, or the Minister? Probably not. Wasn't for a trade down at the start but the more I think about it the more im turning in favor. Lets say Young becomes phenomenal,, does anyone here really believe the Redskins don't chase (no pun intended) chase away. There is something more appealing to Snyder in buying proven stars from other teams than paying his own rising stars. Let's trade with Miami, if able, and take our chances and fill more holes with potential great players,,, instead of that one possible generational who has never played an NFL snap.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs would probably part with Pat Mahomes

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins have never had a generational player... and probably never will. Some franchises just don't get that lucky. It's more likely a 40 year old cashier named Wally at Walmart will marry a 28 year old CEO from Apple. Chase young will probably be a good player but generational in the likes of LT, or the Minister? Probably not. Wasn't for a trade down at the start but the more I think about it the more im turning in favor. Lets say Young becomes phenomenal,, does anyone here really believe the Redskins don't chase (no pun intended) chase away. There is something more appealing to Snyder in buying proven stars from other teams than paying his own rising stars. Let's trade with Miami, if able, and take our chances and fill more holes with potential great players,,, instead of that one possible generational who has never played an NFL snap.

I agree completely. I do not think some fans/posters on this board really understand how bad we are. Young is great but I would much rather have 3-4 additional picks in the top 100 of this draft then just Chase Young. There are no guarantees that he is that amazing. We literally have holes everywhere and could use 2-4 first and second round picks to repair the damage over the past several years. Imagine how much more improved we would be if we have 4 first and second round picks and could use those resources to address OLine. LB, Secondary and WR/TE positions. The best thing would be for Tua to ball out at his Pro Day and watch the offers come flying in. There will be a bidding war and we simply fleece a desperate team. Couple that with a strong free agency and we are well on our way to a successful rebuild.

Just my opinion.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If other teams are convinced the Redskins are not taking a QB why trade with the Redskins?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If other teams are convinced the Redskins are not taking a QB why trade with the Redskins?
To jump others who might want to jump them

trading with Detroit doesn’t guarantee their guy , trading with us does

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw in this reasoning centers around what we get in return. Reading all posts thus far tells us that almost all are counting on some sort of 3 for 1 scenario. We get three guys and our trading partner get the #2 spot. There's only one team that gives us that opportunity... Miami.

If, as suggested, Washington let it be known that they aren't drafting a QB, they effectively remove themselves from any chance of a trade with the Dolphins. Realizing that, any team, not named or loaded as the Dolphins are, wanting to move into the #2 spot, will have to convince our guys to take a smaller haul this year with additional picks coming in future years. ( There's only one team with the draft capital that helps us this year, as so many are hoping for, again, that team is Miami)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw in this reasoning centers around what we get in return. Reading all posts thus far tells us that almost all are counting on some sort of 3 for 1 scenario. We get three guys and our trading partner get the #2 spot. There's only one team that gives us that opportunity... Miami.

If, as suggested, Washington let it be known that they aren't drafting a QB, they effectively remove themselves from any chance of a trade with the Dolphins. Realizing that, any team, not named or loaded as the Dolphins are, wanting to move into the #2 spot, will have to convince our guys to take a smaller haul this year with additional picks coming in future years. ( There's only one team with the draft capital that helps us this year, as so many are hoping for, again, that team is Miami)
I'm not counting on it, but it is the minimum price that it would take to make me consider trading the pick. Honestly, I don't ever see it happening as I can't see Miami giving up those 3 picks.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand moving up to #2 gives a team more control while at the same time if the Redskins are dead set on a non QB which most likely they are you can try and trade for #3 if you want to move up at a lesser cost.

Things will start amping up soon with the combine. Miami could find a QB they like a lot not named Tua and stay where they are.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pundits are the ones hyping young. I havent watched 10 minutes of the entire college football season this year.

I never do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gave out a trade that we could take , from say the chargers . 2 1sts , 2 2nds and james , perhaps you drop a 1st

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pundits are the ones hyping young. I havent watched 10 minutes of the entire college football season this year.

I never do.

Watched him twice. He was a beast against Penn State and okay not great against Clemson

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, you run to the podium and draft Young, but if the professionals feel Simmons, Ruggs and a 2nd round prospect are just as good, we will have to wait and see

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not counting on it, but it is the minimum price that it would take to make me consider trading the pick. Honestly, I don't ever see it happening as I can't see Miami giving up those 3 picks.

Agreed, right now the only obstacle between Miami and having their choice of any QB not named Burrow, is Detroit. It looks like they are staying with Stafford and are hoping that Washington trades down. That will put Young squarely in their sights if the team moving into #2 has a QB in mind, effectively taking one choice from the Dolphins. (likely Tua)

Even then, I don't see a scenario in which Miami, gives up any or all of their draft capital.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gave out a trade that we could take , from say the chargers . 2 1sts , 2 2nds and james , perhaps you drop a 1st

Since 2013, the Chargers have made six trades. Six. It’s an average of one per year, but GM Tom Telesco made two in 2015 and two in 2017. They rarely trade up in the first round, opting instead, to move up later in the third or fourth rounds.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2013, the Chargers have made six trades. Six. It’s an average of one per year, but GM Tom Telesco made two in 2015 and two in 2017. They rarely trade up in the first round, opting instead, to move up later in the third or fourth rounds.
True, but they haven't needed a QB in a long time. That has an impact on decisions like that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they haven't needed a QB in a long time. That has an impact on decisions like that.

That is true, so no debate there.

They select 6th in this draft and there are two teams ahead of them that want QB's. Washington isn't moving out of that #2 spot unless totally overwhelmed by an offer. Taking Burrows off of the board (Cincy) leaves then in a situation just like Miami, meaning, their biggest concern is what will the NY Giants and Detroit Lions do. If neither trades down, the next two selections will be Tua to the Dolphins and the QB of their choice or Miami selects another QB and Tua falls to them.

I get it, there's a concern that some team will leap frog into the 3rd or 4th spot, but we have to remember that there are free agent QB's available and something that was suggested here relating to Haskins. Keep him this year and be in the running for the 2021 draft if he flames out (He won't). Considering The Chargers last couple of finishes, I can see them in the mix come 2021. (Let's call it the Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Kellen Mond and Co. draft)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, so no debate there.

They select 6th in this draft and there are two teams ahead of them that want QB's. Washington isn't moving out of that #2 spot unless totally overwhelmed by an offer. Taking Burrows off of the board (Cincy) leaves then in a situation just like Miami, meaning, their biggest concern is what will the NY Giants and Detroit Lions do. If neither trades down, the next two selections will be Tua to the Dolphins and the QB of their choice or Miami selects another QB and Tua falls to them.

I get it, there's a concern that some team will leap frog into the 3rd or 4th spot, but we have to remember that there are free agent QB's available and something that was suggested here relating to Haskins. Keep him this year and be in the running for the 2021 draft if he flames out (He won't). Considering The Chargers last couple of finishes, I can see them in the mix come 2021. (Let's call it the Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Kellen Mond and Co. draft)
As I said when this discussion started, it all comes down to the evaluation of Tua by the QB needy teams. If he is considered a franchise type QB, then QB desperate teams do desperate things. As we well know. Personally, based on injury history alone, I would be hesitant to move down if I were either team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said when this discussion started, it all comes down to the evaluation of Tua by the QB needy teams. If he is considered a franchise type QB, then QB desperate teams do desperate things. As we well know. Personally, based on injury history alone, I would be hesitant to move down if I were either team.

Again, your points are well taken, no debate on this one either!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all nonsense we are not trading #2.