• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just got a whole lot more crazy for reasons that I can not say right now, but I may be completely wrong on some of this stuff.

There will be 4 conferences. The conference championship games will act as defacto first round playoff games.

So I guess time to pull out the popcorn again!! :pop2: :pop2:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G will not take schools that aren't upper level flagship resrearch schools. I'm not sure which schools you think they will take to make a superconference. I could definitely see Va Tech joinging up, but i'm not sure where you think they are going to find 4+ schools with $1Billion+ endowments willing to leave their current conference. Do you have specific schools here (PM me if you don't to reveal them....i'll promise to keep quiet)?

What about he Pac, they already proved they will NOT take Oklahoma State, Baylor or Texas Tech. Now if this BS is real (and goes through) they expect the Pac to take Boise or a BYU?

What 4 school would the Pac even want, let alone take?

The Pac will never sacrifice itself to help some other failed conference out...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about he Pac, they already proved they will NOT take Oklahoma State, Baylor or Texas Tech. Now if this BS is real (and goes through) they expect the Pac to take Boise or a BYU?

What 4 school would the Pac even want, let alone take?

The Pac will never sacrifice itself to help some other failed conference out...

Isn't Oregon State in the Pac 12? Didn't you add the Community College of Boulder?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will only be a football deal.

The bowls and some of the other teams will be there still, but basically be locked out of this "tournament" that will decide the "national champion."

so in other words we're expecting a lot of "football only" adds by these conferences?

well that helps our position.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Oregon State in the Pac 12? Didn't you add the Community College of Boulder?

Even those two schools have very large endowments (not on the B1G level but over $400 Million), and they are public (like every Pac 12 school besides USC and Stanford). I just don't think they would ever consider adding Boise, as their endowment and academic prestige is way too small. BYU is a religious school, so their addition would be questionable. None of the Mountain State schools fit the bill except possibly Colorado State and New Mexico. That still leaves two spots.

I'm sure they'd love to have Texas, and they'd probably be alright with Oklahoma. In the past, the Pac 12 has been reluctant to grab TX Tech and Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma and Texas won't go without them. Something has to give, and i'm not sure what would.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even those two schools have very large endowments (not on the B1G level but over $400 Million), and they are public (like every Pac 12 school besides USC and Stanford). I just don't think they would ever consider adding Boise, as their endowment and academic prestige is way too small. BYU is a religious school, so their addition would be questionable. None of the Mountain State schools fit the bill except possibly Colorado State and New Mexico. That still leaves two spots.

I'm sure they'd love to have Texas, and they'd probably be alright with Oklahoma. In the past, the Pac 12 has been reluctant to grab TX Tech and Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma and Texas won't go without them. Something has to give, and i'm not sure what would.

We're working on it!

Hey we have one of the few Material Science and Engineering departments left in the country, most have been absorbed into other areas.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G will not take schools that aren't upper level flagship resrearch schools. I'm not sure which schools you think they will take to make a superconference. I could definitely see Va Tech joinging up, but i'm not sure where you think they are going to find 4+ schools with $1Billion+ endowments willing to leave their current conference. Do you have specific schools here (PM me if you don't to reveal them....i'll promise to keep quiet)?

They took Nebraska...Smart. They lost their AAU status, but here they are.

He isn't going to PM you. He's not giving details away out of respect for his sources.

And FYI, 46&2 and his sources have proven legit multiple times on the board. I don't think you were here for any of it, but now you know.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They took Nebraska...Smart. They lost their AAU status, but here they are.

He isn't going to PM you.

He did PM me. It seems reasonable enough from the B1G point of view, and I wouldn't be stunned if it occurred. There are schools that I thought were committed to their current conferences on the list (and that is all I will say for privacy/source reasons).

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget the cougits

You do know that Oregon State was a Founding Member of the Pac right? Along with California, Washington and Oregon.

Colorado is a top 100 school.

Washington State is still a much better school than Boise...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyway, I think this is stupid. The only way I'll accept this is if the CCG is a 2 round deal. The top two teams in a "division" should have to square off. Then the top two teams left in the "conference." THEN they can have a 4 team national playoff Otherwise, fuck this whole deal raw.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did PM me. It seems reasonable enough from the B1G point of view, and I wouldn't be stunned if it occurred. There are schools that I thought were committed to their current conferences on the list (and that is all I will say for privacy/source reasons).

:L Great.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forward me the PM.

mysfit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that Oregon State was a Founding Member of the Pac right? Along with California, Washington and Oregon.

Colorado is a top 100 school.

Washington State is still a much better school than Boise...

They also have like a 100 year head start

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New Mexico is the only one that fits. Colorado State is a fine enough school but their athletics has hit the shits in the last decade.