• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense 46, but I don't buy this for even a second. You can feel free to laugh at me if you are proven right, but I don't buy for a second that the B1G would allow this. The only way I could possibly see it happening is if the B1G and Pac-12 merged, but that is an awfully big geographic hassle.

not quite understanding you Smart as to what you think 46 is saying? He has pretty reliable sources and he's just saying that "the BIG team meeting with the BIG conference" is likely the catalyst that will cause expansion to take its next turn. That's all I'm reading. And it's pretty widely accepted that, when the dust settles, the Big10, SEC, and Pac12, with their new members will be part of the club. The wild-card is whether the ACC or Big12 ends up that way. That depends (mainly) on a few things .. That's all

not sure where you're going with B1G-Pac12 merger??

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still hope VT comes to the B1G. Loved those games even though we came up short.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is out riding his Vespa. But I am sure he will.

So VT / GT are tied to the hip and not VT / UVa?

If by Vespa you are referring to your mom, then you are correct. :kev:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy_carp.jpg

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the odds of basketball schools like Kentucky that are already in power conferences getting left out?

I'd say someone like a Duke or a Kansas might very well get left out

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol Smart,

The B1G is and always has been the guys spear heading this. My best source is a B1G connection as well.

But ok.

The B1G will not take schools that aren't upper level flagship resrearch schools. I'm not sure which schools you think they will take to make a superconference. I could definitely see Va Tech joinging up, but i'm not sure where you think they are going to find 4+ schools with $1Billion+ endowments willing to leave their current conference. Do you have specific schools here (PM me if you don't to reveal them....i'll promise to keep quiet)?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not quite understanding you Smart as to what you think 46 is saying? He has pretty reliable sources and he's just saying that "the BIG team meeting with the BIG conference" is likely the catalyst that will cause expansion to take its next turn. That's all I'm reading. And it's pretty widely accepted that, when the dust settles, the Big10, SEC, and Pac12, with their new members will be part of the club. The wild-card is whether the ACC or Big12 ends up that way. That depends (mainly) on a few things .. That's all

not sure where you're going with B1G-Pac12 merger??

Because I find it hard to believe that the B1G would allow itself to be part of a conference with schools of questionable academic prestige. Nebraska was a VERY tough sell, and that was one school. If the B1G were to add four, six, or twelve Nebraskas, member schools would be furious. It isn't all about the athletic departments in the B1G. The Pac 12 would be the obvious candidate because it is a conference with similar values, namely large, prestigious public land grant schools.