• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realignment News, HOLY CRAP!

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like schools aren't so much changing conferences as they are creating a higher tier football only league. For example: Vandy and Kentucky would still play basketball in the SEC, but wouldn't play football in the SEC's Alpha Tier. I'm probably way off.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why? I'm sure that every team in a division plays, so why should they have to play again? It's pretty simple:

1. top conference record
2. two-way tiebreaker = head-to-head
3. three-way tiebreaker = head-to-head+division record or something

a division championship then a conference championship .. before the playoffs REALLY start? no .. if you can't get to your CCG, you shouldn't be in the playoff .. period .. let's not cheapen the regular season by going any further than Conf champs are in it .. If there are 64 teams to begin with, extending it one more step would theoretically make a 16-team playoff .. you have a 1/4 chance to get in ?? fuck that .. this isn't the nba

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like schools aren't so much changing conferences as they are creating a higher tier football only league. For example: Vandy and Kentucky would still play basketball in the SEC, but wouldn't play football in the SEC's Alpha Tier. I'm probably way off.

I don't think that any of the current members of the three locked in conferences will leave, as the payout would be too much to turn down.

Remember, if you follow me and my posts on this you have to realize it is all coming in as the conversations are going on so it will go back and forth and all over the place before anything is official. This is talk and speculation, not a news story. If you want hard and fast FACTS, read ESPN.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that any of the current members of the three locked in conferences will leave, as the payout would be too much to turn down.

Remember, if you follow me and my posts on this you have to realize it is all coming in as the conversations are going on so it will go back and forth and all over the place before anything is official. This is talk and speculation, not a news story. If you want hard and fast FACTS, read ESPN.

I'm just speculating as well. And lol, no I won't be reading ESPiN.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that i sent were my guess:

For the B1G:

ND, VT, GT, Pitt, possibly UVA or Maryland.

MY GUESS!! No insider info on that.

Why would Pitt sue the Big East Today to leave for the ACC if they will just end up in the Big10?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? I'm sure that every team in a division plays, so why should they have to play again?

Let's say they go 24 schools.

He said they would play half their division.....so 6 teams...and half of the other division....another 6 teams.

So naturally there are going to be plenty of times when the top two teams in a division didn't play each other. Then what's the tie breaker.... The BCS? Booo hiss boooooo.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if that is true... Georgia Tech will have played in the ACC, SEC and Big 10.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that probably the ACC (and certainly the Big East) would likely be the current BCS conferences to cease to exist in terms of football if what 46 is saying is true. That would put 2 superconferences somewhat on each respective coast and two more centralized in the country. I would expect Georgia Tech, FSU, Miami, Clemson, VT, UVA, Pitt, Cuse, Notre Dame, Maryland, and UNC to be in the running. Just speculation. I think if we are talking FOOTBALL ONLY. Notre Dame, Clemson, Miami, FSU, VT and Georgia Tech and UNC have to be at the top of the list for the SEC/B1G...

I also have to believe that the FSU to Big 12 speculation has something to do with this..

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling (from all i've seen) is that the B1G is much more worried about losing Penn State to the ACC than the ACC is about losing any schools to the B1G.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Pitt sue the Big East Today to leave for the ACC if they will just end up in the Big10?

Because if the ACC ceases to exist and can keep Pitt in basketball they may be able to work something out.

I also never said the Big 12 was the 4th conference, did I?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling (from all i've seen) is that the B1G is much more worried about losing Penn State to the ACC than the ACC is about losing any schools to the B1G.

Why, you could replace them with Notre Dame.

This just reminds me of what the Big East SHOULD have been...

Pitt
Penn State
Maryland
Virginia Tech
West Virginia
UConn
Temple
Boston College
Syracuse
Rutgers

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if the ACC ceases to exist and can keep Pitt in basketball they may be able to work something out.

I also never said the Big 12 was the 4th conference, did I?

I never said anything about the Big12...

I would agree with you, but why would Pitt sue the Big East? If the BE and ACC cease to exist as a football conference, why would Pitt sue the Big East? The Big East cant keep a school for football when they dont play football.

IMO, I think whatever you think might happen is so far away that it might as well be a wish.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyway, I think this is stupid. The only way I'll accept this is if the CCG is a 2 round deal. The top two teams in a "division" should have to square off. Then the top two teams left in the "conference." THEN they can have a 4 team national playoff Otherwise, fuck this whole deal raw.

The BCS system is broken, not the conference system, as it pertains to the B1G. This move would dilute conference rivalries, and perhaps even force the Big 10 to take a substandard (academic) U.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's been a lot of people out there who have been talking up Penn State to the ACC. You see stuff about it all the time in the Big Ten Blog on ESPN (note: I know this doesn't mean anything), but i've also heard stuff from friends who are much more engaged with this than I am. I don't think there is anything to the rumors, but I do believe that Jim Delaney and other B1G brass are worried that there is some truth to them.