• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reading a few Packer forums

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has me nervous as all get out isn't the Packers and their O line, but all our freaking injuries. Healthy, we beat them, now, boy oh boy I am nervous.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably read a few morons posting, and then attributed it to the entire fan base.

This is not at all what I have heard from Packers fans I know. Most think they have a chance this week, due to their recent success against the Bears. However, they also believe they're in trouble from a personnel matchup standpoint.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has me nervous as all get out isn't the Packers and their O line, but all our freaking injuries. Healthy, we beat them, now, boy oh boy I am nervous.

Who's not playing? What am I missing?

Mundy only had a stinger. He said he "vows" and "guarantees" that he's playing Sunday.

Conte is day-to-day. McCray came back in almost immediately. We have the same team we took into the Jets game, plus probably Ratliff. I've also heard there's a chance Slauson could return. As far as I'm concerned, Garza can take his time. Because De Le Puente looks very good.

Marshall may not be feeling great, but I'd bet a lot of money that he plays too. And we all saw what he did hurt vs SF.

I just don't see where this team is limping into this game anymore than they were in SF or NY.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else to add (not that any of you give a shit), but the Packers are 1.5 pt favorites Sunday.

I always care about point spreads, because I like to gamble. :suds:

But, I've never took action on a Bears game and never will. Always has felt wrong.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just about guarantee this game will be within one score. My head says Bears, and my gut says the Packers will their way to avoid a 1-3 start.

I have Aaron Rodgers in my big money fantasy league, so… obviously. I really hope the Bears win…

… and I also hope he throws 0 TD's 5 INT's has a 0.0 QBR and fumbles twice.

Fuck fantasy, GO BEARS!

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably read a few morons posting, and then attributed it to the entire fan base.

This is not at all what I have heard from Packers fans I know. Most think they have a chance this week, due to their recent success against the Bears. However, they also believe they're in trouble from a personnel matchup standpoint.

Thank you, it's nice to see Bears fans who aren't trolls or just out to rile people up. I get it, the Packers and Bears hate each other but it does bother me seeing people completely fabricate things and say things that just aren't true.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Packer fans believe we have no Dline to worry about. Det.s def is far and away better then ours. Also Peppers and Mattews can run free to our QB. I read 3 different boards and zero respect is being given to our Bears. Not 1 Packer backer mentioned how they would match up with our offense. Not one. They are disappointed in their team, but feel things will turn around this week. I hope we blitz more this week as GB may have the worst Oline in football. AR has been bad for awhile and Lacy too. To me that is just more proof how bad their Oline is. I see the Bears scoring at will this week. Bears 34-17.

Ok well I just posted some examples below that absolutely disprove what you said in bold. Here is evidence. Proof. Sure there are some Packers fans that think this will be an easy game but there are also a lot that feel the Bears have a good team and will be a very good match. So what do you do? Look at some Packers fans statements and then skew them to make your argument look valid and pass the entire fanbase off as saying that the Bears suck and have no shot? nice one. Hmmm

I'm having a hard time picking us in this game. I actually think the Bears are a better team than Detroit overall and we looked bad against Detroit. Being 1-2 and lucky not to be 0-3 I'll be "optimistic" and say we won't look as bad as we did against Detroit but still lose a close game on the road. 24-20 Chicago.

The Bears are going to get yards on offense. Good TE, very good Rb and excellent receivers. We need to keep pressure on Cutler and he'll turn it over. I think this defense can do that. It's up to the offense to keep the ball and drive and score. If the D is on the field all game, well it could be ugly by the end.

Before season started I had this penciled in as a loss and Packers starting 1-3... with Forte, Bennett and Marshall/Jefferies will be a lot of weapons to cover for defense. Packers offense will need to keep up.. if they are able to rush the ball I think they make a game of it.

Bears 27
Packers 24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you, it's nice to see Bears fans who aren't trolls or just out to rile people up. I get it, the Packers and Bears hate each other but it does bother me seeing people completely fabricate things and say things that just aren't true.
Is that what you are doing? How long did it take you to fabricate this stuff? Look I went around to three different Packer boards and did not see any of these posts. I always check out our opponents board each week. We never get respect from anyone. It's not just Packer fans. I guess you never go to your opponents boards. I can tell because your not here now. Enjoy the game bro.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure about your statement "Rodgers has been bad for awhile". Do you mean the last 3 games this season or do you mean even before this season?
Seems he has been human starting last year after the injury. Still good but below his norm.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ My noonyism for the week.
:clap: finally a word for my disease. Because knowing is half the battle. Sobering up is the other half the battle. And slowing down on the weed is the third half of the battle. Baby steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mundy only had a stinger. He said he "vows" and "guarantees" that he's playing Sunday.

Conte is day-to-day. McCray came back in almost immediately. We have the same team we took into the Jets game, plus probably Ratliff. I've also heard there's a chance Slauson could return. As far as I'm concerned, Garza can take his time. Because De Le Puente looks very good.

Marshall may not be feeling great, but I'd bet a lot of money that he plays too. And we all saw what he did hurt vs SF.

I just don't see where this team is limping into this game anymore than they were in SF or NY.

Thats my take as well, Rich. I checked the injury report, and it was better than I had thought. McCray and Conte were LP yesterday. Those listed as DNP werent a surprise, except McManis. I have no idea what his status may be Sunday. Im guessing Ratliff will clear concussion protocol this week.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: finally a word for my disease. Because knowing is half the battle. Sobering up is the other half the battle. And slowing down on the weed is the third half of the battle. Baby steps.

Nooner- this might the best post from you-EVER!!! Your new nickname may be "3/2" :suds:

Props to 70 for 'Noonyism" Hilarious!

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lame:
nobody here gives a rats poops what you have to say

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing and healthy can be two different things. JA dnp Wednesday along with 8 other Bears including Shea, McMannis, Ratliff, Garza, Marshall, Slauson, & Fiametta. Both Conte and Mundy both had limited Practice. If it is a continued nagging shoulder injury we probably won't see Conte.

Glad Ratliff is coming back, but we had depth there. Starting Vareen and Dixon with no back ups is a scary proposition, two rookies? I hear you about Mundy coming back, but then Vareen and Mundy with only Dixon backing up? Yikes. Color me worried vs. Aaron Rodgers.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got this one coming down to the last couple possessions. One team will score to take the lead late in the game. In last-minute desperation, the other team will try to force the ball downfield into scoring range and fail.

The ultimate key to this game will be the play of the Packers' offensive line. Watching last week's game against Detroit, it was very clear the Rodgers and Lacy lost all confidence in the offensive line. Rodgers made some uncharacteristic inaccurate throws because he felt guys closing on him faster than they actually were. Lacy kept trying to bounce everything outside.

If the Packers' offensive line gets some push early in the game, it will build confidence in themselves and the skill players around them and the Packers offense will start to gain a little momentum. If the Bears D gets the push early, that fragile confidence will shatter again and we'll see the same stale Packers offense we saw against Seattle, Detroit and 3/4 of the Jets game.

It's also worth noting that the Packers defense has actually played pretty well since the second half of the Jets game. They did a great job of shutting down the Lions' potent offense for 7/8 of the game...only the final big Lions drive when the Packer players were obviously gassed did the Lions score an offensive TD.

Screens will also play a big role in this game. The Packers are terrible at defending RB screens & swings. If Trestman keeps feeding Forte, the Packers are doomed. On the flipside, the Packers, according to my recollection, ran ZERO RB screens against the Lions, despite the turnstile offensive line. The RB screen or swing is an excellent play when your O-line is struggling. McCarthy completely blew that one last week. He's got to call a few RB screens to slow the rush and get the defense moving laterally.

Finally, let's pray this game ends injury-free.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes we do think the Lions have a better front 7 than the Bears.
You guys only think that cos the Lions have a better front 7 than the Bears.

Hard to envision the Packers falling to 1-3.
But it's hard to imagine the Bears losing 2 in a row at home, either.

Should be a shootout, really, since neither team is playing defense very well right now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys only think that cos the Lions have a better front 7 than the Bears.

Hard to envision the Packers falling to 1-3.
But it's hard to imagine the Bears losing 2 in a row at home, either.

Should be a shootout, really, since neither team is playing defense very well right now.

Just heard Rodgers is a perfect 9-0 with a 114 qb rating in games after the game like detroit last week.

Hopefully its another streak that gets broken this weekend.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't agree with that at all. You make it seem like this game is absolutely 100% in the bag "unless the Bears lose it for themselves". The Packers have issues, and the Bears have issues as well. I actually think the two teams are pretty evenly matched in different aspects. Reading your words you think the Bears are by far the much better team and the Packers have no weapons at all. It's not that the Packers would win it's that the Bears will either win or the Bears will lose. Hmmm
I understand your point and there's fairness to it. But you're overlooking one thing. This is was written for Bears fans. We know full well our weaknesses. I didn't feel the need to restate them. But many Bear fans aren't as well versed on other teams as we are on our own. I did a little research and found that the Pack has a lot of undeniable issues right now.

One thing that works in our favor is the injury factor. We've both had some injuries. But unlike years past, we're not hurt by them as much as you are. That's a major factor. As evidence:

- Raji is your run stopper and his being out has you ranked near the bottom vs. the run.
- Ratliff is our best DT, but we've been able to hold our own against the run as well as get some pass pressure.
- You have some OL injuries and as a result, you're in the bottom third running the ball, the bottom half passing the ball and have given up 9 sacks.
- We're missing 2 OL guys. Our running game sucks, but it sucked with those guys in game 1. We're still able to protect our QB pretty well.
- Tillman is out, but rookie Kyle Fuller has played better.
- SLB McClellin is out, but his replacement Bostic had 13 tackles and 2 PDs last week.

I highlighted "unlike years past" above as that is THE fundamental point. In years past, you have had Rodgers play well despite a suspect OL. (An underrated aspect of his game, IMO.) But for whatever reason, he's not playing as well now. In years past, the Packers have survived injuries better than we have. Not true now. In the past, playing at Soldier has been a boon for the Pack. There's good reasons to think that's not the case these days either.