• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reading a few Packer forums

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Packer fans believe we have no Dline to worry about. Det.s def is far and away better then ours. Also Peppers and Mattews can run free to our QB. I read 3 different boards and zero respect is being given to our Bears. Not 1 Packer backer mentioned how they would match up with our offense. Not one. They are disappointed in their team, but feel things will turn around this week. I hope we blitz more this week as GB may have the worst Oline in football. AR has been bad for awhile and Lacy too. To me that is just more proof how bad their Oline is. I see the Bears scoring at will this week. Bears 34-17.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the packers have the worst o line in football, then there is no reason the bears should need to blitz to get enough pressure with the front 4. Our secondary is pretty beat up so I really dont think a game plan should be to take help away from that back end with Rodgers history of tearing us apart.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always nervous during Packer week, but this year I think the Bears have more than a chance.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you don't even read the packer board here on the Hoop then

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the packers have the worst o line in football, then there is no reason the bears should need to blitz to get enough pressure with the front 4. Our secondary is pretty beat up so I really dont think a game plan should be to take help away from that back end with Rodgers history of tearing us apart.

^^^ This. :agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL and DL are advantages in this one. But I think both teams have reason for a little bit of worry.

For the Packers... whatever the Lions did to them is on tape. Plus, they are just not the same on their OL with injuries and I think ultimately they will miss Raji. Plus they are going to Soldier Field... it's an environment they have a history of winning in, but it's still a hostile one. I also believe the Bears defense was designed in the offseason to match up with offenses like the Packers more so than the zone read or run first offenses we have faced the first three weeks.

For the Bears... short week to prepare, I'm not even sure who our safeties will be, the CBs of the Packers are better than any of the CBs we have faced this year (still like our WRs, but let's hope they are closer to 100%) and the Packers are going to be desperate.

For the fans of both sides, there is plenty of reason to be a little nervous. The Packers tend to win when their backs are to the wall. The Bears have to play like they are in one of those horror films and the crazed maniac keeps coming back every time the terrorized people think he's dead. Don't celebrate your advances, keep the shovel in your hand, and smack him in the head again each time he gets up. They have to play equally desperate... the Packers and Bears both at 2-2 with the next game in Lambeau puts us in the hole... the Packers 1-3 and the Bears 3-1 on the other hand is a different story. Hold on to the shovel.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1

Nor did he visit the Packers forum where I post.

Funny the post is started by this poster... one of the biggest Bears homers there is.
So where do you post? Is it different there? You have no posters on this forum. Packer board is dead as you must know. If Bears fan = Bears homer then I'm in.

Mikefive

KFFL Mod... SportsHoopla nobody
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL and DL are advantages in this one. But I think both teams have reason for a little bit of worry.

For the Packers... whatever the Lions did to them is on tape. Plus, they are just not the same on their OL with injuries and I think ultimately they will miss Raji. Plus they are going to Soldier Field... it's an environment they have a history of winning in, but it's still a hostile one. I also believe the Bears defense was designed in the offseason to match up with offenses like the Packers more so than the zone read or run first offenses we have faced the first three weeks.

For the Bears... short week to prepare, I'm not even sure who our safeties will be, the CBs of the Packers are better than any of the CBs we have faced this year (still like our WRs, but let's hope they are closer to 100%) and the Packers are going to be desperate.

For the fans of both sides, there is plenty of reason to be a little nervous. The Packers tend to win when their backs are to the wall. The Bears have to play like they are in one of those horror films and the crazed maniac keeps coming back every time the terrorized people think he's dead. Don't celebrate your advances, keep the shovel in your hand, and smack him in the head again each time he gets up. They have to play equally desperate... the Packers and Bears both at 2-2 with the next game in Lambeau puts us in the hole... the Packers 1-3 and the Bears 3-1 on the other hand is a different story. Hold on to the shovel.
I pretty much agree with you. As you suggest, this is a pretty pivotal game. For us, we're either... On a roll and proving we're a good team at 3-1... Or we're .500, can't win at home and bafflingly inconsistent.

Normally, the Packers game in Soldier is a cross your fingers kinda game. But I'm gonna say that that's not the case right now. The Packers are 1-2 and not playing that well. They are banged up with injuries to their OL and Raji and Matthews are hurt. Their D is just surviving and giving up 156 YPG on the ground. Their offense is averaging under 20 PPG. Their running game with Lacy was supposed to offset the losses of some good receiving targets like Jennings and Jones. But they're only averaging 78 yards on the ground and 232 in the air. They are coming off a bad loss to the Lions and we have momentum after 2 8 point road wins.

This is a game where we will be favored and we should be. This isn't a fingers crossed game. This is a game we SHOULD win. Our anemic running game will get well against their Raji-less defense. And when we can mix it up with Forte, that will open up the pass game a little bit more. Plus, theirs is the weakest OL we will have faced. So our front four will have their way. Games are won and lost up front and that's where we have the advantage.

The only way we lose this game is if Cutler gets out of control and we lose the turnover battle, which could happen. Still, no interceptions in 2 games is a good sign.

I predict... Bears 31 Packers 21 and the Pack gets to taste last place.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with you. As you suggest, this is a pretty pivotal game. For us, we're either... On a roll and proving we're a good team at 3-1... Or we're .500, can't win at home and bafflingly inconsistent.

Normally, the Packers game in Soldier is a cross your fingers kinda game. But I'm gonna say that that's not the case right now. The Packers are 1-2 and not playing that well. They are banged up with injuries to their OL and Raji and Matthews are hurt. Their D is just surviving and giving up 156 YPG on the ground. Their offense is averaging under 20 PPG. Their running game with Lacy was supposed to offset the losses of some good receiving targets like Jennings and Jones. But they're only averaging 78 yards on the ground and 232 in the air. They are coming off a bad loss to the Lions and we have momentum after 2 8 point road wins.

This is a game where we will be favored and we should be. This isn't a fingers crossed game. This is a game we SHOULD win. Our anemic running game will get well against their Raji-less defense. And when we can mix it up with Forte, that will open up the pass game a little bit more. Plus, theirs is the weakest OL we will have faced. So our front four will have their way. Games are won and lost up front and that's where we have the advantage.

The only way we lose this game is if Cutler gets out of control and we lose the turnover battle, which could happen. Still, no interceptions in 2 games is a good sign.

From your keyboard to G-d's ears.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Packer fans believe we have no Dline to worry about. Det.s def is far and away better then ours. Also Peppers and Mattews can run free to our QB. I read 3 different boards and zero respect is being given to our Bears. Not 1 Packer backer mentioned how they would match up with our offense. Not one. They are disappointed in their team, but feel things will turn around this week. I hope we blitz more this week as GB may have the worst Oline in football. AR has been bad for awhile and Lacy too. To me that is just more proof how bad their Oline is. I see the Bears scoring at will this week. Bears 34-17.

You must not read many forums or are just trying to stir up the hornets nest. Yes of course Packers fans are disappointed in their team, the Packers have sucked this year so far. That doesn't mean because our biggest worry is our own team that we don't have a single worry about your team at all.

I've been involved in discussions with other Packers members (not just on this site) about this upcoming game and some of our concerns are your wide receivers and running back. Our concerns are more towards your offense than your defense. And yes we do think the Lions have a better front 7 than the Bears. So what?

Yes our O-line sucks so far. And yes Lacy hasn't done shit yet. Part of that is because of the O-line. I'm not sure about your statement "Rodgers has been bad for awhile". Do you mean the last 3 games this season or do you mean even before this season? This season he has been off his mark although his QB rating is still 95.1...not great but not too bad at all, but certainly not what we in Packer land are used to. In fact I even started a thread in the Packers section that said I think the score will be something like 30-21 but I have no idea who the winner will be, it'll be a toss up.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See I don't agree with that at all. You make it seem like this game is absolutely 100% in the bag "unless the Bears lose it for themselves". The Packers have issues, and the Bears have issues as well. I actually think the two teams are pretty evenly matched in different aspects. Reading your words you think the Bears are by far the much better team and the Packers have no weapons at all. It's not that the Packers would win it's that the Bears will either win or the Bears will lose. Hmmm

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn...
Did a green and golder actually post here?
I better check my meds.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about the game, the more I am convinced the Bears will win by 10 point or more. Why? This is the first soft defense the Bears will face this season, and I believe the Bears will put up some points. On the defensive side, I see improvements with this unit every week. They are balling, playing hard, and learning. Five rookies starting and little drop off; in fact, I think they are playing better as a whole. I expect the defense to improve throughout the season and the offense to become dangerous when Jeffrey and Marshall get healthy and Garza and Slausen come back.

The arrow is pointing up for the Bears, and Sunday I believe they will make a statement.

Bears 34
Packers 24

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have started the past two seasons with a 1-2 record. It seems they always start slow.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers absolutely have to bring their A game on defense. They have to shut down, Cutler, Forte, Bennett, Marshall AND Jeffrey. The 9ers couldn't do it and in all likelihood the Packers won't either. If Green Bay cannot slow down the Bears offense, Rodgers and Co. will have to score often and so far they have not proven that they can.

Bears 31 Packers 21

Rodgers_Cobb_Nelson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o line for us is worrisome and this has lead to the passing game being inconsistent and the running game being horrible. I think Greenbay needs a little more time to figure out their own team and I don't see us winning in Chicago this week. Hopefully I'm wrong and Rodgers can take advantage of a banged up secondary. I see 31-21 Bears

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o line for us is worrisome and this has lead to the passing game being inconsistent and the running game being horrible. I think Greenbay needs a little more time to figure out their own team and I don't see us winning in Chicago this week. Hopefully I'm wrong and Rodgers can take advantage of a banged up secondary. I see 31-21 Bears

I agree the Packers OLine is not consistent, but if they manage to figure it out they could make some noise. However, I just don't see that happening Sunday in Chicago.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else to add (not that any of you give a shit), but the Packers are 1.5 pt favorites Sunday.