• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RE-SIGNED Melvin Gordon

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was also one of our only bright spots in a lot of games as well. How many games are we not even in if Gordon doesn’t go off.
i agree he could go 70 or fumble away a win.

too talented though

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to see most people are on board with this. Didn't see that the first time we signed him.

Even if this is his final year in Denver 3 years is better then 2!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was also one of our only bright spots in a lot of games as well. How many games are we not even in if Gordon doesn’t go off.

Honestly, Gordon was probably our offensive MVP last year from start to finish. Not that we have a lot of options here on offense but he was our offensive MVP last year.

His ball security could be a little better but 1 fumble nearly every 100 touches isn't awful, something to work on. Also, in fairness to him the Chiefs game... I forget what OL it was (would have to go back and look at the film) but he left his man untouched and Melvin Ingram all but took the handoff from Melvin Gordon.

The best part if we don't have to rely on Gordon to touch the ball 20 times a game. He isn't going to give us 100 yards every game, nor does he need to with Wilson at QB and Javonte Williams at RB...

There is NOTHING to complain about with this re-signing. Like his last contract (and even less this time) we are not LOCKED in and we get him for another year... Nobody should be upset about this.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melvin fumbles at the most critical moments

didn’t he have 2 last year on the plus side of the fields and one in the end zone against MIA the year before.

who fumbled against Wash late last year? the rook?

hold your breath everytime he touches the ball
Curious what the math is on 3 fumbles in 230-ish touches.

Also curious what 10 this are on those same touches.

Also curious how many sacks he allowed.

Regardless, he's a damn sight better than anything in the draft, especially considering most rooks cant pass block or catch to save their lives.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In so many statistics, Gordon and Williams were so close. As far as fumbles, Gordon fumbled once every 90 touches. Williams fumbled once every 94 touches.
Shitcan both of those losers.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ball security could be a little better but 1 fumble nearly every 100 touches isn't awful, something to work on. Also, in fairness to him the Chiefs game... I forget what OL it was (would have to go back and look at the film) but he left his man untouched and Melvin Ingram all but took the handoff from Melvin Gordon.

I believe it was Fant with the missed block

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT
The truth has surfaced on the contract struck yesterday between the Broncos and running back Melvin Gordon. It’s another reflection of the depressed nature of the free-agent running back market.

According to Mike Klis of 9News.com, the one-year deal has a base value of $2.5 million, with another $1.5 million in potential incentives.

That gives the contract an “up to” value of $4 million, not the $5 million that was reported last night.

But, as we know by now, the truth is often a casualty of the initial reporting on a contract. He who hesitates loses the race to tweet the news before anyone else. The reporters who traffic in false data regard it as an occupational hazard, opting to push the news of the acquisition despite having full knowledge that they’re sharing contractual information that is embellished at best, fabricated at worst. They bank on no one really caring. For the most part, they’re right.

• Winner
Reactions: LGM

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How on earth do you not love this signing even more now? Brilliant.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Fant with the missed block

Here's a really good video of Gordon's most dramatic fumble. I'll just copy and paste the same thing I posted elsewhere:

Just looked at it again. It happened on 2nd and 2 from just inside the 9 yard line with 7:57 left in the 4th quarter and we were up 21-20 on the KC Chiefs. Before the snap, the entire KC Defense cheated up to the LOS and overloaded our right side with a run blitz. The play shouldn't have been called, and the ball should never have been snapped. That's on Shurmur and Lock.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news to have Melvin back. Draft another? Maybe the back from LSU?
Ahhhh yes. Pump's favorite blocker.

Look! Noah’s open!!
Marshmallow Man Bbq Films GIF by BBQ Films Presents: Ghostbusters

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gordon, he has done nothing but been the ultimate team player since arriving. I don't understand the hate. Gordon fumbled 3 times last year, William fumbled 2. I don't see the difference here.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gordon, he has done nothing but been the ultimate team player since arriving. I don't understand the hate. Gordon fumbled 3 times last year, William fumbled 2. I don't see the difference here.
It’s just a matter of some fumbles being more memorable than others. Timing is everything! With that said, I’m also weighing in on being a huge Gordon fan and almost as excited as DC that he’s here for another year.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s just a matter of some fumbles being more memorable than others. Timing is everything! With that said, I’m also weighing in on being a huge Gordon fan and almost as excited as DC that he’s here for another year.
I agree, with Russell here these two running backs are going to DOMINATE!!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really do love me!