• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB value This year

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So RB is in flux this year IMHO.......

Not a ton of sure fire guys, and most of the long stay top RBs are getting long in the tooth.......

So where do you go?

Do you invest a first in CJ anderson? it may work, it may not

do you bank on forte, murray, or some of these other guys with a bajillion carries......

Latavius Murray- Now im not a believer but a guy who could be the bell cow in round 5, on any offense is worth the pick

Andre Ellington- Hes still gonna see a ton of touches, and johnson is a very similar back, its Taylor that i think may get the goal line looks, PPR boost here, currently about late 5th-6th round

Yeldon-regardless of the offense , hes supposed to be the starter, and going in the 6th round

Gio Bernard-his first three weeks back from injury were nothing special, but once they figured out to use him and hill together, he had 9, 13,11 fantasy points the next three weeks........late 6th rounder

Randle-If he starts, and he should, should be a monster.....mid 6th rounder

Legarette Blount- I know the pats RB's are scary, but BB loves blount, and its hard to get out of his doghouse for gray........truly gray had ONE great game and nothing else.........so did trung candidate....

Bishop Sankey- Yeah he sucked last year.....but hes supposed to start....he was drafted high, they cut his weight, and he missed OTA last year, why does everyone think cobb is gonna do much? if cobb was great he wouldnt of been a 5th rounder.......

Abdullah- Bell is hobbled, again, and not recovered yet.........

just my thougths, take your wr's early......then stock pile these guys late, all you need is 1-2 to work out.....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Not too many RB are worthy of an RB2 spot early in redrafts if you ask me.

I've read some of the blurbs that guys like Randle and Sankey (and even Crowell) will be the starters in week 1. But to me, that may just be the reality of their short-term situations and not necessarily an endorsement for the entire season.

Randle and Sankey should be considered the starters in preseason, seeing that they should know the playbook better. Randle is in a good situation to be the lead back all season. Maybe Sankey too, but he was unimpressive last year IMO.

It's not a strategy I'm known for, but with so much uncertainty in the RB (new teams, new starters, etc.), I may have to lean on the WR position which is a little more stable.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was my dynasty strategy

i have bernard, ellington, blount, sankey, mason( i should of put him on the list)

really i need 1 to hit, and one to be productive to be fine.....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What all that tells me is that the very few who don't have question marks, at least in terms of their workload, are even more valuable than they ever have been. Lacy, L. Bell, Peterson, McCoy, Charles, those guys are ultra premium these days. As for the rest, sure you can chance trying to stock up in the mid rounds, but if you've got a hunch about guy X, you'd better not wait very long, chances are half of your league has that same hunch, and with so few "studs", many will be more willing to take that calculated risk earlier than you might think. I'm not waiting to pile up RB's hoping there will be all these nice "B" type players laying around for the choosing come rounds 5-8, I'm getting the guys whose chances I like before round 5, and I'll leave the Joquie Bell's and Terrence West's of the league for those who think waiting to stockpile is the way to go. Much easier to stockpile B type WR's at that point.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post SP.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What all that tells me is that the very few who don't have question marks, at least in terms of their workload, are even more valuable than they ever have been. Lacy, L. Bell, Peterson, McCoy, Charles, those guys are ultra premium these days. As for the rest, sure you can chance trying to stock up in the mid rounds, but if you've got a hunch about guy X, you'd better not wait very long, chances are half of your league has that same hunch, and with so few "studs", many will be more willing to take that calculated risk earlier than you might think. I'm not waiting to pile up RB's hoping there will be all these nice "B" type players laying around for the choosing come rounds 5-8, I'm getting the guys whose chances I like before round 5, and I'll leave the Joquie Bell's and Terrence West's of the league for those who think waiting to stockpile is the way to go. Much easier to stockpile B type WR's at that point.
Yup, I agree Treff. It should be interesting to see which strategy pays off. The pick the RB early or the pick the WR early crowd.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I agree Treff. It should be interesting to see which strategy pays off. The pick the RB early or the pick the WR early crowd.
I agree. However, the only negative to Treff's theory is that those handful of 'unquestioned' RB will be gone in rounds 1 or 2. From that point on, all other RB are "B" type backs. That's a lot of "B" crap.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Not too many RB are worthy of an RB2 spot early in redrafts if you ask me.

My assessment of the current Fantasy Pros RB2s
11. Jeremy Hill (CIN - RB) Every time he got 20+ touches he performed last year was and was the 2nd best running back in the league over the 2nd half of the season last year. Gio will get his touches though and will hurt Hill some weeks.
12. Justin Forsett (BAL - RB) lots of risk over 30 only has one good year drafted a rookie who could steal some snaps eventually
13. Frank Gore (IND - RB) A new offense and a year older(32), but the Colts passing attack should open things up for him(faced more 8 man fronts than anyone last year) I think he'll be a solid RB1
14. Alfred Morris (WAS - RB) In a contract year, but Matt Jones will have 3rd down work and could steal some goal-line work
15. Mark Ingram (NO - RB) split backfield with CJ he should get most of the early down/goal-line work
16. Melvin Gordon (SD - RB) Talented, but a bad fit for their scheme it'll take them a year or two to figure it out though in the mean time he'll get lots of touches should end up a RB1
17. Lamar Miller (MIA - RB) Pretty safe, but i think he ends up in a split backfield with Ajayi(This years Jeremy Hill)
18. Carlos Hyde (SF - RB) The 9ers are going to run a power/zone hybrid to fit his running style better, but i srill hate him Reggie Bush will take a lot of touches and i think rookie Mike Davis is more talented as an early down back could supplant him at some point
19. Jonathan Stewart (CAR - RB) Injury prone and surrounded by TD vultures
20. Latavius Murray (OAK - RB) He really hasn't done much yet and Helu will get most of the 3rd down touches i'd stay away

Dawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ yeldon will suprise alot of people this year!!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, the only negative to Treff's theory is that those handful of 'unquestioned' RB will be gone in rounds 1 or 2. From that point on, all other RB are "B" type backs. That's a lot of "B" crap.
and a few of them have a suspension, or took a year off, or had a billion carries recently and are bound to break down

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Gurley as a late free agent pick up?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ yeldon will suprise alot of people this year!!!!!
...by being selected way too early for a guy on a losing team. He may get carries. May even get yards. But all Jacksonville RB last year combined scored 10 TD. No thank you.
1) He won't be there late. Too much rookie love especially for a guy coming off a torn ACL in November. (Not all RB are like AP.) 2) If the Rams are smart, they'll take their time with this kid. And if that happens, I can see many fantasy owners losing their patience by week 2 and dropping him to waivers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes but his ADP has him in the 5th round, and we dont even know whats up with his knee, of course the team will say its "going great"....."on track", "miraculous recovery".....

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assessment of the current FantasyPros RB3s
21. Andre Ellington (ARI - RB) Bell cow with a good cuff in David Johnson love him
22. T.J. Yeldon (JAC - RB) Not really sure the Jaguars changed their blocking scheme to be more like the Vikings to accommodate Toby, but he'll get the 3rd down work and probably steal more and more early down work as the season progresses. Toby will end up a short yardage/TD vulture
23. C.J. Spiller (NO - RB) Expect 100+ carries and 50+ receptions should be a steal in ppr leagues
24. Todd Gurley (STL - RB) Depends on how many games he misses, but if he gets back early i expect RB1 numbers most talented rookie back since AD
25. Joseph Randle (DAL - RB) If the Cowboys were going to sign someone to compete with him i think they would have done it by now Dunbar will get the a good chunk of the 3rd down touches and McFadden will get some carries too, but he's the guy to have and is an awesome value as rb25
26. LeGarrette Blount (NE - RB) DON'T DRAFT NE RB's AS STARTERS
27. Joique Bell (DET - RB) Currently hurt but should continue his roll Ameer will get the Reggie Bush carries and Zenner will be our new TD vulture
28. Giovani Bernard (CIN - RB) Hill is a better blocker and a decent receiver, but Gio is explosive he should get 8-15 touches a game and be a value PPR pick.
29. Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB) Vareen is going to be the 3rd down guy and he'll split time with Williams as the early down/goal-line guy stay away
30. Tevin Coleman (ATL - RB) Hasn't taken the starting job from Freeman yet and the Falcons o-line is still bad i'd avoid him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assessment of the current FantasyPros RB3s
21. Andre Ellington (ARI - RB) Bell cow with a good cuff in David Johnson love him
22. T.J. Yeldon (JAC - RB) Not really sure the Jaguars changed their blocking scheme to be more like the Vikings to accommodate Toby, but he'll get the 3rd down work and probably steal more and more early down work as the season progresses. Toby will end up a short yardage/TD vulture
23. C.J. Spiller (NO - RB) Expect 100+ carries and 50+ receptions should be a steal in ppr leagues
24. Todd Gurley (STL - RB) Depends on how many games he misses, but if he gets back early i expect RB1 numbers most talented rookie back since AD
25. Joseph Randle (DAL - RB) If the Cowboys were going to sign someone to compete with him i think they would have done it by now Dunbar will get the a good chunk of the 3rd down touches and McFadden will get some carries too, but he's the guy to have and is an awesome value as rb25
26. LeGarrette Blount (NE - RB) DON'T DRAFT NE RB's AS STARTERS
27. Joique Bell (DET - RB) Currently hurt but should continue his roll Ameer will get the Reggie Bush carries and Zenner will be our new TD vulture
28. Giovani Bernard (CIN - RB) Hill is a better blocker and a decent receiver, but Gio is explosive he should get 8-15 touches a game and be a value PPR pick.
29. Rashad Jennings (NYG - RB) Vareen is going to be the 3rd down guy and he'll split time with Williams as the early down/goal-line guy stay away
30. Tevin Coleman (ATL - RB) Hasn't taken the starting job from Freeman yet and the Falcons o-line is still bad i'd avoid him

regarding blount, no one suggest him being drafted with the idea of being a starter, he has the "potential " to be your starter.......and a reall good one at that, worth a flier late.......gurley is not a late flier........sorry but bell is hurt, 2nd year in a row.......yeldon was declared the starter so not sure why you think toby starts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering, are there players you rank higher but would take the lesser ranked player...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering, are there players you rank higher but would take the lesser ranked player...

sorry milk, clarify for me exactly what you mean........like wr's, rb's , in general? and rank higher in what sense

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry milk, clarify for me exactly what you mean........like wr's, rb's , in general? and rank higher in what sense

its a RB thread so lets just talk about RBs... But lets say you think player A is better than player B, but you like player Bs upside more... would you go with player B over player A...

How about Andre eliington vs CJ spiller...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regarding blount, no one suggest him being drafted with the idea of being a starter, he has the "potential " to be your starter.......and a reall good one at that, worth a flier late.......gurley is not a late flier........sorry but bell is hurt, 2nd year in a row.......yeldon was declared the starter so not sure why you think toby starts

Blount is RB26 a starter in bigger leagues with plenty of guy being drafted after him that have just as much up side and that aren't coached by Bellichick. Never said anything about Gurley being a late flier guessing that was meant for someone else. Yes Bell is currently hurt, but Ameer is terrible between the tackles so i wouldn't expect him to take to many of those touches. Jaguars making changes to offense to accommodate Toby is why i think he'll be in a split backfield with Yeldon(don't remember calling Gerhart the starter)

Toby Gerhart fits better in Jacksonville Jaguars' new offense - Jacksonville Jaguars Blog - ESPN

"New offensive coordinator Greg Olson and new offensive line coach Doug Marrone have switched it up in 2015 and are using an inside zone scheme. That's a perfect fit for Gerhart, who was an inside pounder at Stanford and as a backup to Adrian Peterson in Minnesota.

That, plus the fact he's finally healthy, means Gerhart should be able to make the kind of impact on the offense the team thought he could when they gave him a three-year, $10 million contract in free agency.

Gerhart was signed to be the Jaguars' feature back, but an ankle injury suffered in the season opener lingered throughout the season and limited him to 326 yards rushing on 101 carries. His 3.2 yards per carry was the lowest of his career.

The Jaguars drafted T.J. Yeldon in the second round, claimed former Baltimore Ravens back Bernard Pierce off waivers and signed undrafted free agent Corey Grant. Denard Robinson, the team's leading rusher in 2014, is back, as is second-year back Storm Johnson. That means there's a lot of competition for carries, but Gerhart should be able to thrive in the inside zone attack. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry in Minnesota and 5.2 yards per carry in his four-year career at Stanford running between the tackles.

Gerhart also is taking snaps in an H-back role, which he's never done. It's going to get him more involved in the passing game, though, which is one of his strengths. He averaged 8.1 yards per catch on 97 catches in his NFL career.

It appears Gerhart is going to be a big part of the Jaguars' offensive plan in 2015, which may be a surprise to fans who were disappointed in his performance last season."

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure that's true, but, from the end of round 2 to the start of 5 (imho, mid rounds are 5-8, maybe nine), there are 24 picks, 22 if you choose not to count your own. ..plenty of chances for those B types to be plucked over.