• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RazorbackG's Five Star picks week 2 (1-1 ATS for the year)

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just not sold on LSU's QB, If I am MSU I sell out to stopping the run and hope they cannot beat me in the air!

They do that and Harris is going to light that shit up....

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Utah game is easy money. DOUBLE UP!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck Shanemansj13 and let me know what you are looking at later!

This is what I got for this week:

Georgia -20 at Vanderbilt - Georgia has a great running attack and Vandy, lets face it, they are awful. I could see them covering this thing in first quarter. 42-7 blowout for UGA.

Boise St -3 at BYU - BYU has a pretty good team but they lost their Heisman QB Hill and he has been a huge part of their success. Backup Magnum won the game, but I dont see him carrying this offense against a good Boise St team.

Notre Dame -11.5 at Virginia - Virginia wasnt a very good team last year and they return only 10 starters while Notre Dame looked really good on both sides that first game. Yes, Virginia is at home but the Irish are just too much in this one.

This is all I got for this week, I took out the Bama just bc the spread was so high at -35.

I am thinking about adding this 4-game parlay too:

UGA -20
ND -11.5
UTEP +21
UTEP/TTU over 65.5

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat Auburn last year and that isn't listed. That being said this isn't last year's MSU team and LSU's defense should be able to hold them under 17 points. So the question is can LSU score at least 18?

I think they can and see LSu winning this game 20 to 17 or LSU wins big period but don't see a MSU win.
Thanks, I kept getting the teams mixed up: LSU, Auburn, A&M, and Arkansas from last year. That brings the total to 8 wins in 34 games against SEC teams with .500 or better records. He is batting .235 as a head coach in big SEC games. An average that even in baseball would get you a one way ticket to the bench.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, I kept getting the teams mixed up: LSU, Auburn, A&M, and Arkansas from last year. That brings the total to 8 wins in 34 games against SEC teams with .500 or better records. He is batting .235 as a head coach in big SEC games. An average that even in baseball would get you a one way ticket to the bench.

Yeah, but those were his first couple years at MSU. Now that he built his team from his guys he is winning more, not sure about this year but they have the talent.

Last edited:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LSU doesn't win on Saturday, then they will struggle to win a single game all season. MSU has the worst team in the SEC West, led by a mediocre coach.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with the mediocre coach and playcaller but MSU is no cakewalk especially at home. If Mullen stops running Dak up the middle every other play they could actually move the ball, they have plenty of playmakers and a very good defense. This game could go either way.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Utah St pretty bad? Havent seen them play.
They didn't have an offensive touchdown against Goatroper U or whoever it was they played in their first game.

It was bad.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't have an offensive touchdown against Goatroper U or whoever it was they played in their first game.

It was bad.

I might have to look at this game more. Utah St is usually not bad, but Southern Utah is shit.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was bad.

I might have to look at this game more. Utah St is usually not bad, but Southern Utah is shit.

Why is that line so low, kinda sketchy?? lol

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is that line so low, kinda sketchy?? lol
Rivalry game is the only reason I can think of...but given Utah State's performance in their first game contrasted with what Utah did in theirs? :noidea:

Chuckie Keeton suuuuuuucked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be dead wrong but Vandy has all its athletes on defense and it isn't horrible plus Georgia's offense isn't that complicated. I see a Georgia win and it will be close to 20 but I don't see an absolute blowout. With the under being 56 that is the play here.

I wouldn't predict or bet on the Boise State/BYU game too unpredictable.

Alabama should cover but it also depends on how much they play Bateman and how he performs. 35 is a lot of points for a game that Saban is likely to use as a scrimmage so I would pass on this one also.

I like the following:

1. The under on UGA/Vandy
2. Michigan State and the 3 points.
3. Over of 61 on OU/Tenn (I don't think either has that great of a defense)

You have been looking at some Clay Travis, huh?

He did go 11-2 last week. I am liking some of these picks more and more, the more research I do.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well week 1 was a wash. I really thought Alabama was a little down this year and Wisconsin had a shot to play them close. Oh well....Florida took care of business for me! I love three games this week so here we go and good luck!

Friday.....

take Utah -13.5 vs. Utah State. I know, I know. This is a rivalry game! I don't care this year. This is at Utah and the Utes will thump their cross state bros! Utah 38 Utah state 21.

Saturday....

take UTEP +20.5 at Texas Tech. Tech cannot stop the run and the Miners have an awesome RB. Texas Tech 45 UTEP 35.

take Mississippi State +4 vs. LSU. Dogs are a tough home dog and I am calling for the outright upset! MSU 28 LSU 27

G

I think Utah Utah State is only a rivalry game on ESPN. Everyone I knew growing up was all about the Utah/BYU game no one cared about Utah State. But I'd agree giving up only 13.5 points looks like a gift.

You may be right on Texas Tech as well their defense looked bad against Sam Houston, but to be honest I have no clue about Sam Houston. Could their offense be that good?

Man I don't know - LSU was lights out last week.:pound:

My :2cents: and you might want to ask for change.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the over on the Oregon v Mich State game whatever the number is.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been looking at some Clay Travis, huh?

He did go 11-2 last week. I am liking some of these picks more and more, the more research I do.
I read through them I really liked his take on the Georgia/Vandy game.

I don't like the KY vs USC game at all and wouldn't touch it...both suck and both could win big or small.
I think the Kansas vs Memphis is a too tough to call also.
I would stay away from the Penn State vs Buffalo game his reasoning there is skewed towards emotion.

The Tenn and OU game makes sense as I think this game will be a scoring duel but we will see the 61 points is a lot but I like the over better than picking an outright winner.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like always I am indecisive. I try to stay with some of my picks, if I am skeptical about some I just trash them, for the most part and add in some games from some experts I follow who have been doing good.

Georgia/Vandy under 50.5
Boise -2.5
Mizzou -10.5
UTEP/TTU over 66
Memphis -13

4-team parlay
UGA/Vandy under 50.5
Mizzou -10.5
UTEP/TTU over 66
UTEP +20.5

These lines might change some before Friday when I put them in.

The reason for the change in my picks.

I am still not convinced on Notre Dame. They handled a shitty Texas team, but they lost their star RB. They also have Georgia Tech next weekend so they could be looking ahead. Virginia is also at home, so they could cover but the more I think about it, the more I dont like it.

The more I think about that Vandy spread 21, the more I think about Georgias' one-dimensional offense. Vandy's secondary did look pretty good against a strong passing attack in WKU.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read through them I really liked his take on the Georgia/Vandy game.

I don't like the KY vs USC game at all and wouldn't touch it...both suck and both could win big or small.
I think the Kansas vs Memphis is a too tough to call also.
I would stay away from the Penn State vs Buffalo game his reasoning there is skewed towards emotion.

The Tenn and OU game makes sense as I think this game will be a scoring duel but we will see the 61 points is a lot but I like the over better than picking an outright winner.

I didnt like the Penn St, or South Carolina games either. I didnt like the over on Tenn/Okie bc 61 is still a lot. I hate over/unders but as you see I took 2 of them lol.
I took Memphis bc Kansas is absolutely in the shitter right now and Memphis has a very good QB. Coming off a 10 win season, they are sky high right now. Still probably a risky pick.

If Clay has another good week, I will start to follow him more. I like his take on more than half the games this week. Some of these games he is taking I am on the limb about, so it would impress me if he did good this week.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players did Miss St lose from last season? I know they lost their RB. I'm sure they have a decent one back there with Dak now.

Defense better or worse? I like State in this game. I take a lot of home dogs with the points at 10 points or less and have done very well over the past 5-6 years.

I know LSU is loaded, but they have not played a game yet = will have some rust.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt like the Penn St, or South Carolina games either. I didnt like the over on Tenn/Okie bc 61 is still a lot. I hate over/unders but as you see I took 2 of them lol.
I took Memphis bc Kansas is absolutely in the shitter right now and Memphis has a very good QB. Coming off a 10 win season, they are sky high right now. Still probably a risky pick.

If Clay has another good week, I will start to follow him more. I like his take on more than half the games this week. Some of these games he is taking I am on the limb about, so it would impress me if he did good this week.
Clay has great weeks then he craps the bed at the end he typically for a season breaks about even. I will say he is trending up though but I don't actually put any money on games because if I do weird things happen and the money magically disappears.