• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RazorbackG's Five Star picks week 2 (1-1 ATS for the year)

RAZORBACKG

Hoopla Cash
$ 735.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well week 1 was a wash. I really thought Alabama was a little down this year and Wisconsin had a shot to play them close. Oh well....Florida took care of business for me! I love three games this week so here we go and good luck!

Friday.....

take Utah -13.5 vs. Utah State. I know, I know. This is a rivalry game! I don't care this year. This is at Utah and the Utes will thump their cross state bros! Utah 38 Utah state 21.

Saturday....

take UTEP +20.5 at Texas Tech. Tech cannot stop the run and the Miners have an awesome RB. Texas Tech 45 UTEP 35.

take Mississippi State +4 vs. LSU. Dogs are a tough home dog and I am calling for the outright upset! MSU 28 LSU 27

G

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That MSU-LSU game is tricky. MSU didnt play that well at Southern, but we havent seen LSU and their starting QB doesnt have much experience. I'm staying away from them this week.

I'm back to betting. See what you did! Lol Last week I only made two bets: I took your Florida bet (nice pick) and I took Mississippi St thinking they would cover. Lost that one.

Good luck this week. I will post some of mine later in the week.

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all these. I think the MSU-LSU game plays perfectly into Mississippi State's hands, LSU will be playing their first game of the season on the road in an SEC environment, with questions at QB.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Mullens, apart from last season in which his team was loaded with seniors compared to a bunch of young teams, is my favorite coach in the SEC. He is generous enough to be the punching bag of the SEC West. Excluding his one good season last year, he only has 3 wins over SEC teams with records of .500 or above, 6 total including last year.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all these. I think the MSU-LSU game plays perfectly into Mississippi State's hands, LSU will be playing their first game of the season on the road in an SEC environment, with questions at QB.
well LSU may still get their game in against McNeese State in before Miss State. But as of right now it's still on weather delay.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, 7 times since 2009 has Dan Mullens beat an SEC team with a record of .500. The teams he did beat were Kentucky '09, Ole Miss '09, Florida '10, Ole Miss '13, LSU '14, Arkansas '14, Ole Miss '14. He won 7 times out of 34, so in big SEC games his winning average is .205, I like LSU's chances.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I got for this week:

Georgia -20 at Vanderbilt - Georgia has a great running attack and Vandy, lets face it, they are awful. I could see them covering this thing in first quarter. 42-7 blowout for UGA.

Boise St -3 at BYU - BYU has a pretty good team but they lost their Heisman QB Hill and he has been a huge part of their success. Backup Magnum won the game, but I dont see him carrying this offense against a good Boise St team.

Alabama -35 vs Mid Tennessee State - Mid Tenn St is not a bad team at all, but Bama's defense should limit this team to virtually nothing, especially in the first half. High spread, but I see Bama running all over this team. 52-10 seems about right.

Notre Dame -11.5 at Virginia - Virginia wasnt a very good team last year and they return only 10 starters while Notre Dame looked really good on both sides that first game. Yes, Virginia is at home but the Irish are just too much in this one.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well week 1 was a wash. I really thought Alabama was a little down this year and Wisconsin had a shot to play them close. Oh well....Florida took care of business for me! I love three games this week so here we go and good luck!

Friday.....

take Utah -13.5 vs. Utah State. I know, I know. This is a rivalry game! I don't care this year. This is at Utah and the Utes will thump their cross state bros! Utah 38 Utah state 21.

Saturday....

take UTEP +20.5 at Texas Tech. Tech cannot stop the run and the Miners have an awesome RB. Texas Tech 45 UTEP 35.

take Mississippi State +4 vs. LSU. Dogs are a tough home dog and I am calling for the outright upset! MSU 28 LSU 27

G

Your score for the Utep game doesn't work for your pick.

Also, The MSU pick is extremely bold/risky.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies, 7 times since 2009 has Dan Mullens beat an SEC team with a record of .500. The teams he did beat were Kentucky '09, Ole Miss '09, Florida '10, Ole Miss '13, LSU '14, Arkansas '14, Ole Miss '14. He won 7 times out of 34, so in big SEC games his winning average is .205, I like LSU's chances.
He beat Auburn last year and that isn't listed. That being said this isn't last year's MSU team and LSU's defense should be able to hold them under 17 points. So the question is can LSU score at least 18?

I think they can and see LSu winning this game 20 to 17 or LSU wins big period but don't see a MSU win.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He beat Auburn last year and that isn't listed. That being said this isn't last year's MSU team and LSU's defense should be able to hold them under 17 points. So the question is can LSU score at least 18?

I think they can and see LSu winning this game 20 to 17 or LSU wins big period but don't see a MSU win.

He beat A&M last year too, right? I guess most of his wins came last year haha

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I got for this week:

Georgia -20 at Vanderbilt - Georgia has a great running attack and Vandy, lets face it, they are awful. I could see them covering this thing in first quarter. 42-7 blowout for UGA.

Boise St -3 at BYU - BYU has a pretty good team but they lost their Heisman QB Hill and he has been a huge part of their success. Backup Magnum won the game, but I dont see him carrying this offense against a good Boise St team.

Alabama -35 vs Mid Tennessee State - Mid Tenn St is not a bad team at all, but Bama's defense should limit this team to virtually nothing, especially in the first half. High spread, but I see Bama running all over this team. 52-10 seems about right.

Notre Dame -11.5 at Virginia - Virginia wasnt a very good team last year and they return only 10 starters while Notre Dame looked really good on both sides that first game. Yes, Virginia is at home but the Irish are just too much in this one.
I could be dead wrong but Vandy has all its athletes on defense and it isn't horrible plus Georgia's offense isn't that complicated. I see a Georgia win and it will be close to 20 but I don't see an absolute blowout. With the under being 56 that is the play here.

I wouldn't predict or bet on the Boise State/BYU game too unpredictable.

Alabama should cover but it also depends on how much they play Bateman and how he performs. 35 is a lot of points for a game that Saban is likely to use as a scrimmage so I would pass on this one also.

I like the following:

1. The under on UGA/Vandy
2. Michigan State and the 3 points.
3. Over of 61 on OU/Tenn (I don't think either has that great of a defense)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be dead wrong but Vandy has all its athletes on defense and it isn't horrible plus Georgia's offense isn't that complicated. I see a Georgia win and it will be close to 20 but I don't see an absolute blowout. With the under being 56 that is the play here.

I wouldn't predict or bet on the Boise State/BYU game too unpredictable.

Alabama should cover but it also depends on how much they play Bateman and how he performs. 35 is a lot of points for a game that Saban is likely to use as a scrimmage so I would pass on this one also.

I like the following:

1. The under on UGA/Vandy
2. Michigan State and the 3 points.
3. Over of 61 on OU/Tenn (I don't think either has that great of a defense)

Yeah, the under seems good on that UGA team but 3 TD's against a team that is awful on offense. UGA has a much better defense than Western Kentucky. A 35-6 game or something like that, is very possible. I like that under.

MSU-Oregon is something I would personally stay away from. MSU showed us nothing from that first game (most likely what they were going for). I would lean MSU's way but Oregon still has an elite offense and nobody is slowing them down. I would take MSU bc of Cooks' leadership.

OU/Tenn doesnt show much defense but that over is still tricky. I had the final score being 31-28. I could see them scoring in the first half, then the teams pretty much going back and forth with the offenses struggling. This game is unpredictable. I am staying away.

That Bama game at -35 does seem high and Bama's QB's arent the strongest early in the season.

RAZORBACKG

Hoopla Cash
$ 735.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That MSU-LSU game is tricky. MSU didnt play that well at Southern, but we havent seen LSU and their starting QB doesnt have much experience. I'm staying away from them this week.

I'm back to betting. See what you did! Lol Last week I only made two bets: I took your Florida bet (nice pick) and I took Mississippi St thinking they would cover. Lost that one.

Good luck this week. I will post some of mine later in the week.
Good luck Shanemansj13 and let me know what you are looking at later!

RAZORBACKG

Hoopla Cash
$ 735.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am just not sold on LSU's QB, If I am MSU I sell out to stopping the run and hope they cannot beat me in the air!