• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rays @ M's: June 17th - 20th

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me while I rag on Shed Long some more.

I was all up in his business around a week ago when he was hitting .172 and having a nothing burger after nothing burger.

Well his mini mouse ass is on fire with 10rbis and a batting avg of .320 and a slug % of .600 over the past 7 games :eek: - I will gladly eat crow if it lights a fire under his ass and we sweep the #1ranked power team in MLB over a 4 game set. With 2 walk off grand slams

So take your no good - lame dick no talent ass back to Tacoma where you belong.

PS
Dear Shed ( I will be a closet fanboy... please just keep hitting so the rest of the squad decides to check-in and we can win some more ball games )

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mariner fans got their "fix" today to keep them addicted as M's fans. Intermittant reinforcement is the strongest method to keep and maintain a behavior. The Mariners are one of the best at giving their fans "intermitant reinforcement". The "high" that fans got from sweeping one of the best teams in baseball (who by the way, are in a temporary slump) will more than likely be short lived IMO

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Mariner fans got their "fix" today to keep them addicted as M's fans. Intermittant reinforcement is the strongest method to keep and maintain a behavior. The Mariners are one of the best at giving their fans "intermitant reinforcement". The "high" that fans got from sweeping one of the best teams in baseball (who by the way, are in a temporary slump) will more than likely be short lived IMO
When I found out they swept that series, I couldn't believe it! Then I started thinking, what's the catch? How will they make themselves forget what they did against Tampa next series, or next basement team they face?

A great effort to take all four, yes, but like Coug said, can't fool us anymore. Consistency is not easy to come by, especially around here.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so glad this team is not a joke anymore. I really believe we can finish above .500. Disappointments so far this season would be Kelenic and having injuries to Paxton, Lewis, and White.

Some awesome surprises is so far shed long, and basically our whole pitching staff. Shout out to Jake Baurers since being traded here he has been hitting .326, 14-41 with 5 RBIs and 1 homer.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so glad this team is not a joke anymore. I really believe we can finish above .500. Disappointments so far this season would be Kelenic and having injuries to Paxton, Lewis, and White.

Some awesome surprises is so far shed long, and basically our whole pitching staff. Shout out to Jake Baurers since being traded here he has been hitting .326, 14-41 with 5 RBIs and 1 homer.

Ty France is looking like a great pickup too. Let's hope whatever he tweaked isn't too bad.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The realistic Mariner fan be like....

skeet ulrich horror GIF

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I found out they swept that series, I couldn't believe it! Then I started thinking, what's the catch? How will they make themselves forget what they did against Tampa next series, or next basement team they face?

A great effort to take all four, yes, but like Coug said, can't fool us anymore. Consistency is not easy to come by, especially around here.
Consistency is the key. I just don’t get how they like legit contenders against one of the better teams but like one of the worst in the league against shitty teams.