• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rays @ M's: June 17th - 20th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP killing it right now
Haniger has been good, but JP is their best player this year. I am so happy for that guy. Plus, it he has removed all nightmares of Segura from my mind.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game with sound off and listening to the radio now.......

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the M's are gonna lose this one. Would really like to see the offense add a few runs instead of always just relying on a very shaky bullpen to hold a slim lead.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 WHAT THE VET DID.jpg

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I have this right, Graveman has only given up 1 run in three different games this year and two of them was in his 2nd game of back-to-back appearances...the only two back-to-back appearances he has pitched in. Moral of the story? Don't pitch him in back-to-back games.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like is how the rays started out the inning with zunino on second and we started ours with Crawford.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I have this right, Graveman has only given up 1 run in three different games this year and two of them was in his 2nd game of back-to-back appearances...the only two back-to-back appearances he has pitched in. Moral of the story? Don't pitch him in back-to-back games.

Nah, too small of a sample size to pull anything. He's been good enough to be due to give up a run here and there. Good news is the offense picked him up. That's how baseball has to work

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what is more surprising. The Mariners winning a series against the Rays or Montero pitching a clean inning. Either way, it’s been a pretty bizarre first half of this year

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like the M's are gonna lose this one. Would really like to see the offense add a few runs instead of always just relying on a very shaky bullpen to hold a slim lead.
Glad to be wrong, but the bullpen sure did their damnedest to blow another game. Giving up a 2 out tying home run in the 9th to a .197 hitter is all sorts of cringe.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, too small of a sample size to pull anything. He's been good enough to be due to give up a run here and there. Good news is the offense picked him up. That's how baseball has to work
Disagree. Remember he is a starter until this year so bounce back ability with an arm is different for a guy at his age taking on this role. I have no problem them working his arm strength up, but just don't do it in a save situation. My guess is that they are doing this now to increase his trade value.Some writer wrote an article a few weeks back saying don't expect a big return for him because of the fact he has never pitched in back-to-back games. Since then, two times.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened upon the Saturday National TV game yesterday with our own Goldshit doing the commentary. The one thing he did say that I totally agree with and have said myself is the comment he made about how the Padres run at respectability started with the signing of Hosmer. People say he hasn't done anything to earn that, but as pointed out yesterday he was the proof signing that led to other signings such as Machado and others. The point made was it showed commitment by the team financially that started the ball rolling. We have yet to do that. We may never do that. So a rebuild to me starts once they sign that first real free agent showing others they are ready to start taking this thing seriously, and this doesn't have to be a Cano type signing.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go ahead and assume you posted this here broom genuinely, since you're 1 game away from absolutely nailing it!
Well.....I posted it "genuinely" as a joke never thinking we'd be 3-0 going into the final game. But if we nail it, I'll take any of the credit I can get. lol

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rays announcer was saying something about the pitcher that just came into the game. He said its hard to believe he has only given up only one home run this year.. then boom France hits the next pitch out.
Now he's kinda pissed he said that.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Scott Servais,

Please stop bunting.

Thank you

Mariners Fans (both of us)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Scott Servais,

Please stop bunting.

Thank you

Mariners Fans (both of us)

Dear below average hitting professional baseball players,

Learn how to bunt a damned baseball so you have at least 1 useful skill.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened upon the Saturday National TV game yesterday with our own Goldshit doing the commentary. The one thing he did say that I totally agree with and have said myself is the comment he made about how the Padres run at respectability started with the signing of Hosmer. People say he hasn't done anything to earn that, but as pointed out yesterday he was the proof signing that led to other signings such as Machado and others. The point made was it showed commitment by the team financially that started the ball rolling. We have yet to do that. We may never do that. So a rebuild to me starts once they sign that first real free agent showing others they are ready to start taking this thing seriously, and this doesn't have to be a Cano type signing.
Agree, thing with Hosmer is you eventually need a guy to turn it into a free agency destination. They need a guy to come in and that says if money is similar Seattle is a place to live. Not just for the big type guys, but bullpen arms, or secondary vets who will come to Seattle over another team. It’s like with the Seahawks, FA only use to come if they were overpaid, but they built a culture where if money is similar they choose Seattle.

The Cano deal was always so weird because the M’s were bidding against themselves it seemed. The Yankees were cool with letting him go which meant the Red Sox and Dodgers weren’t going to offer anything close to that and just like in recruiting for football, you goal isn’t wanting to be going after prospects who are looking at Central Washington, you want to go after guys who Alabama wants.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 of the cheapest grand slams you will ever see in this series but they still count.