• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ray Allen Saved LeBron Last Year

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 4 All-Time Floppers:

1.) Vlade Divac - He is the GOAT of Flopping. He has a lucrative post-NBA career teaching proper flopping techniques to soccer players.

2.) Manu Ginobili - He is in the GOAT conversation, but still not quite at Vlade's level. However, he is still playing, so he could surpass Vlade by the time he retires.

3.) Derek Fisher - He has arguably the best form of all floppers. He gets downgraded a little because he took too many actual charges earlier in his career.

4.) Lebron James - When all is said and done, he could retire as the GOAT of Floppers. He needs to study more tape of Vlade and D-Fish. Some of his flops are still too obvious. He does have the best "shot by a sniper" flop, however.

Completely disagree. Lebron at best can get to #2. Divac changed the game. Ushered in a whole new era. He is the babe ruth of flopping. it doesnt matter how much lebron flops.. how many sniper bullets he catches.. divac changes the landscape of basketball with his flopping.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to remember Laker fans being awfully sensitive about Kobe six years ago.

When someone is regarded as the best player in the game, fans are going to nitpick at every negative thing about him. Its just the way it is. It happened with Kobe, its happening right now with LeBron and its going to happen with the next guy in line.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHRIS PAUL

I love me some CP3, but some of his flops are so ridiculous that they're becoming hilarious.

He's definitely up there as one of the biggest floppers in the NBA.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden and Ginobili are tied for first.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick asked Larry Bird who the worst flopper when he played. Bird instantly answered Bill Laimbeer. Bird says flopping is getting worse because of the influx of European players. He can understand why David Stern is worried about it.

From 2007:
The greatest floppers of all time

1. Bill Laimbeer
A cornerstone of the famed "Bad Boys" championship teams in Detroit, Laimbeer was vilified around the league for his aggressive play, head games and the trademark "Laimbeer flop." He was the most hated player in the league during his heyday. Legendary Celtics broadcaster Johnny Most dubbed him, simply, "The Flopper."
A sampling of memorable Laimbeer moments:

• Accused by Chris Webber on Nov. 28, 1993 of flopping on a rebound attempt 70 seconds into the game, then sticking his leg out and causing Webber to sprain his ankle and leave the game -- the only scoreless regular-season appearance of Webber's career.

• The Mavericks reportedly once used clips of Laimbeer flops as an instructional tool.

• Accused by Portland's Kevin Duckworth of flopping throughout the 1990 NBA Finals.

• His flopping performances in nearly every playoff matchup against Robert Parish and the Celtics in the mid-to-late 1980s are legendary.

During the 1989 Eastern Conference finals against Chicago, Laimbeer somewhat acknowledged his use of flopping but said he had moved on.

"You can't pin that on me now," Laimbeer told the Washington Post. "You don't hear about me flopping. Now I'm just a dirty player. What happened was, instead of me falling back and trying to draw the foul, I just started hitting people. It's not malicious or dirty, it's just that now there's a collision instead of me falling."

4. Reggie Miller
Miller is unquestionably the greatest offensive flopper in NBA history, and also the most vocal member of this list.

He spent almost as much time lobbying the officials as he did feigning victimization. Miller perfected the art of drawing contact in midair -- sometimes with an extra little kick at the end of a jumper -- and often found his way to the floor despite barely being grazed.

Said former NBA guard Rex Chapman during a 2004 TNT telecast: "Reggie is, without a doubt, now that John Stockton has retired, the best flopper in the game."

Neumann: All-NBA floppers - ESPN Page 2

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. Lebron at best can get to #2. Divac changed the game. Ushered in a whole new era. He is the babe ruth of flopping. it doesnt matter how much lebron flops.. how many sniper bullets he catches.. divac changes the landscape of basketball with his flopping.

Good point. I stand corrected. Vlade is the unassailable GOAT of the flop.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something tells me Ray Allen will be back to start next season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't know LeBron is the only superstar in nba history to have a role player hit a clutch shot for his team in the playoffs? Don't forget that Horry bailed duncan out also in game 5 of the Detroit series.
Horry bailed more players than Just Tim Duncan and Tony Parker in Texas. Don't forget the first two championships he won in Houston, and then he bailed Shaq and Kobe out as well. It's a team sport and Lebron went to the finals four straight years - That's impressive to me

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horry bailed more players than Just Tim Duncan and Tony Parker in Texas. Don't forget the first two championships he won in Houston, and then he bailed Shaq and Kobe out as well. It's a team sport and Lebron went to the finals four straight years - That's impressive to me

That shot he hit on the kings was the dagger of all daggers. To this day I still think the Kings were the better team in that series, but a hell of a shot. When he released it he knew it was in too. Started backing up with both his hands posed behind his back

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shot he hit on the kings was the dagger of all daggers. To this day I still think the Kings were the better team in that series, but a hell of a shot. When he released it he knew it was in too. Started backing up with both his hands posed behind his back
Sacramento Queens fans are still bitter about that to this day:pound:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even as a Lakers fan, I agree that Sacramento was the better team that year. I thought sure the Lakers would lose that series.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think the Queens were the better team.

I still get goosebumps when I see that Horry shot, then seeing the ball boy run on the court.